Officer has to make split-second call

Officer has to make split-second call

There are 3 comments on the CNN story from Jan 9, 2014, titled Officer has to make split-second call. In it, CNN reports that:

A man calls 911 saying his family needs help. His wife is scared of their schizophrenic son, armed with a screwdriver.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

Arnie

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jan 10, 2014
Seems that the family called the police because they could not handle the situation, When police arrived they had to figure out how to stop this deadly threat(man with screwdriver). Could they take the chance that an officer or a family member was going to be stabbed by this man.
It sounds that they acted the way they were trained.
It is a sad situation for all parties involved.
remove all you want

Ansted, WV

#2 Feb 5, 2014
you are a lie , he was beening held down, then he got shot in THE BACK!!!! NUT CASE
The light

Southport, NC

#3 Feb 18, 2016
DEADLY THREAT?! Try again asshole. It was a teenage boy with a SMALL screwdriver and the two city cops already on the scene had it under control. The "pig" in question from Southport showed up and stated out loud "I don't have time for this" then proceeded to immediately shoot the kid. Who's parents, by the way, only called 911 to get the poor kid comitted because that was their last resort to get the desperately needed mental help. The boy also was not known for being violent. He evidently refused to take his medication. The whole situation was tragic and speaks volumes towards how families needing mental health care access face close doors and sometimes the only way is to have that member forcefully comitted. Especially if they are not wealthy. NC politicians are a major reason for that. But the G.I. Joe, jackbooted meat head pig MURDERED that poor kid and is scheduled for trial because of it. I live here and my son knew the boy and his family if you are asking how the hell do I know anything. I suggest people who immediately love and unconditionally trust someone just because they wear a badge need to reconsider their thought process. I'm no cop hater either and comend the other two officers professionalism and restraint. However, with the rush to escalate by many LEO's today calling 911 can obviously and needlessly get you or a family member killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caswell Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brunswick County sheriff asks for help finding ... Aug 10 daffy duck 1
Looking in Oak Island (Jun '12) Aug 10 Ralph m 24
Planning to move Aug 9 TKS 6
Sex stores Jul 20 Butch j 4
hookers (Sep '13) Jul '17 ButchNC 4
Basketball courts on Oak Island (Mar '10) Jun '17 Ralph m 7
News Caswell Beach mayor stripped of duties (Nov '14) Jul '15 captainbutch 3

Caswell Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance