#1 Jun 26, 2012
GUY

United States

#2 Jun 26, 2012
their time is coming!
Ink Slinger

United States

#3 Jun 29, 2012
“I always say the truth is best even when we find it unpleasant. Any rat in a sewer can lie. It's how rats are. It's what makes them rats. But a human doesn't run and hide in dark places, because he's something more. Lying is the most personal act of cowardice there is.”
― Nancy Farmer, The House of the Scorpion

Sometimes the search for the truth is a long one but honesty always prevails. You need to see through the agendas of those out for personal gain and have the ability to sort through the lies told by those who follow because they are too weak to do the work it takes to lead. Cowards are never willing to sign their name to the lies they are telling or the rumors they are spreading.
ol'man

United States

#4 Jun 29, 2012
a whole lot of unpleasant is fixing to head their way!
Disgusted in Medina Count

United States

#5 Jul 8, 2012
Wow! How many more lives can these people affect? I guess the fact that they don't care about those they have hurt really shows their character. But they probably don't even care. My hearts go out to the many employees of Community EMS, Medina County/Medina Valley EMS, Tejas, County Life EMS and who knows how many other scams they have run. Shame. Notwithstanding that my tax dollars have to fund this investigation. How much is that costing each of us? I think a petition should go out to have them move out of Medina County. On the grounds that they have brought discredit upon our great county and we don't want them here. I will tell you this, if they get away with this too, I could really see retribution from previous employees come their way. I don't believe in being a vigilanty, but payback is on the mind of many I have talked to. For shame.
Mad Wife

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2012
My husband is a good man and Tejas took advantage of his trusting nature. They owe him 4,000 dollars in back pay. I hope they all burn in hell. We were saving up money for a much needed operation and now all of our savings is gone. I have home addresses of Mike and Mustafa if any one wants them.
Legal eagle

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Although I understand your feelings mad wife be careful offering up addresses to people who are implying terrorist actions you never know who might do what to whom and you could be an accessory by those actions
REALLY

Joplin, MO

#8 Sep 15, 2012
legal Eagle.... Its not a terriost act.. One a terriost act is something ment to harm an entire civilation.. Now I know the FARRIS, Trouten familys believe they are countrys and run their own shit but it would not nor can it be considered a terriost action... WOW.... Learn a little before talking... GIVE THOSE ADDRESSs of there nice homes on top of that big hill.
Just a thought

United States

#9 Sep 15, 2012
@ REALLY
Go ahead and give the addresses to the Trouten or farris houses up on the hill. You know the ones that mike worked his entire career in public service to pay for or the one that trouten served his country to pay for or maybe even the one that their mom lives in. That one their dad left when he died of cancer. If it weren't for those in the community who were jealous and too ignorant to work hard enough to do the same, maybe this community could still have quality EMS instead of that crap community ems. We waited over 25 minutes for an ambulance that never showed up. Funny, everyone wants to point the blame towards Trouten and Farris without asking the obvious question-just how did MV end up closing their doors when Polly Edlund and the ESD had plenty of money to pay the tax debts but chose not to? Or how did mr copeland come to run an ems service without ANY experience? And how did copeland go from serving on the ESD to running the services in both Hondo & MV? How was christy merendon the only one to stay employed with mv after they closed the doors? Is it just a coincidence that all 3 worked together in hondo and then mv?I dont know, but things were running just fine for about 15 - 20 yrs or so-sounds like something fishy is going on. Maybe you should be the one to learn a little bit before talking especially about things you know nothing about. Instead of wasting your energy on topix learn how to spell so maybe one day you too might be able to afford one of those BIG houses on the hill!
Legal Eagle

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2012
@ REALLY

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating.

Straight out of websters. Perhaps it is you who needs a dictionary and an education. You dont know the definition and you certainly can not spell so why dont you go back to school like JUST A THOUGHT suggested before attempting to act intelligent.

@ JUST A THOUGHT

It would be novel if someone actually looked at the facts as you suggested instead of just attacking these people. After all something kept them serving the community for 20+ years. Certainly if they were as bad as the forums say they are they would have been ran out of EMS years ago. Sounds to me like a bunch of x employees and some sour grapes did a hostile take over.
Yup

San Antonio, TX

#11 Sep 20, 2012
Farris and Trouten = crooks.
Making employees 'edit' reports to make them 'billable'. Bounced checks. Owing money to money box, Ace cash and the like, firing great Office staff to continue their fraudulent actions. I hope they get what they deserve.
Lost in LaCoste

Cibolo, TX

#12 Sep 23, 2012
Been There Done That

San Antonio, TX

#13 Sep 24, 2012
[You know the ones that mike worked his entire career in public service to pay for.]
The Farris and Trouten families, including two generations, bankrupted their concrete business before deciding EMS was a spot everyone could get a dollar or two. Mike did not become a public servant until 2001 when he convinced the Board that MVEMS needed a manager, and that he was the man! He then abolished all the volunteer force, so that full time paid crews could take their place, including, tata, tata....Dad,driving a handicapped van,later a niece, Mike, Sherry, husband, as EMTs.Our tax monies paid for that house over the last 12 years, plus hunting trips to Africa. They may be able to sell seats to the trial!
Resident

Castroville, TX

#14 Oct 26, 2012
All the citizens need to do now is clean out that Medina County Emergency Services District.

The Castroville volunteer fire department is existing in a building that should be condemned, working with substandard/non-functional equipment, and the ESD does nothing. There'll surely be a house-cleaning when something tragic happens and all the evidentiary fingers point at the ESD.

Meanwhile, their inaction puts thousands of residents' lives at risk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mesicans will see Captain Renal Failure 5 hr Captain Renal Fai... 1
Listen up mesicans 5 hr Captain Renal Fai... 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 11 hr InPhartx 1,129
Mexicans and fried chicken Fri Jethro Renfro 1
I want a short fat Alsace girl Fri Jethro Renfro 1
You fat beaners Thu Thick Thighed Als... 1
CNN is fake news Feb 22 Vladamir Puto 1

Castroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Castroville Mortgages