Letters: Reach out to end violence

Letters: Reach out to end violence

There are 7 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Sep 10, 2010, titled Letters: Reach out to end violence. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

For Salinas residents, 2009 was hectic. Twenty-nine homicides. We have not experienced as many this year, but we are still experiencing homicides.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Since: Sep 09

Chualar, CA

#1 Sep 10, 2010
GREAT COMMENT BY KEN WHITE REGARDING CITY OF CARMEL

It would also appear that any of the elected officials of the city who had knowledge of this issue and have done nothing - should also resign in shame.
Joscelyn

Salinas, CA

#2 Sep 10, 2010
Ken White's letter is excellent. He knows Carmel as a resident and as a highly regarded former elected official. His thoughts reflect the majority of the community, except the brainwashed supporters of Sue McCloud. Common sense should prevail on this one. Get back on track Carmel. Then you can go back to being the lovely hamlet that locals and tourists love to visit. Right now Carmel's government leadership is so questionable that it's a major distraction.
CA girl

River Pines, CA

#3 Sep 10, 2010
Mr. Black, I don't support any political person because of their sex and I would certainly not support Meg Whitman just because she is a woman. It seems to me you are calling all women idiots by asking such a thing. Meg Whitman is spending her way to wherever she is going, and that spending is what is keeping me from supporting her. She is spending so she will have the right to tell us CA can do nothing for the poor. IMO, her ads are lies, too. We already have a welfare system in which people have to work to get assistance, so it is already the way she says it should be.

Meg Whitman wouldn't help me just because I am a woman, and I won't vote for her just because she is a woman. I will vote for someone who has proven they can think about something besides greed. And I would never vote for someone who sent so many jobs from CA to overseas. How is that good for CA? That was good for her, not good for CA. When someone has that kind of power, and chooses to fill their purse instead of keeping 3,000 (or was it 30,000) people employed here in CA, I have to wonder what kind of character that person has. IMO, she does not have the kind of character we need in office in CA.
goldenbear

Morgan Hill, CA

#4 Sep 11, 2010
Whitman is a Corporate Party and GOP lacky of Mitt Romney and Karl Rove.
Mr Black's article portraying her as a "nice lady" is just another ploy by the Special Interest Party to get their candidate into office.
Based on interviews with her own EBay staff, she is not so nice at all, in fact, she is inpatient, pushy,shrill and at times violent.
If you enjoyed 6 years of ineffective and egotistical Arnold, you will love Queen Meg.
If you want good government and fiscal responsibility and More Good Jobs for the Middle Class,
Vote Jerry Brown/Gavin Newsom, and Democratic across the board.
Vote Smart this time around, folks!!
I approve this comment

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2010
Gary Black - Meg Whitman never cared enough about California to pause for a moment in her quest to be rich to bother to vote. It wasn't important to her - her job was.

Now, because she has spent $105,000,000 + to get name recognition, we are supposed to believe she cares? I don't bnelieve her.

In fact I care too much for California to let her buy my vote.

We've got a celebrity Republican Governor now - who currently has a lower approval rating than the man he helped throw out of office did when recalled.

Do we really want a repeat of AH-nold?
Kudo to Ken White

Marina, CA

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Former Carmel Mayor Ken White writes The community cannot move forward until council members directly and decisively withdraw support of Guillen so he can announce his retirement.

Tragically for Carmel, yesterday at Jason Burnetts town hall meeting, he did not come close to decisively withdrawing support from Guillen. He hid behind closed session and the city attorney as excuses to not address the gorilla in the room.

Ken White writes Have Carmel residents, complacent in comfortable lives, become so immune to misbehavior at City Hall they will tolerate even the most egregious in our midst?

Yes, it also appears Jasons supporters have put his ambitions for what is best for his future political success above the good of the community he is supposed to serve and the city employees he is supposed to protect otherwise he would be screaming from the rooftops Guillen must go!

Kudos to Ken White for having the courage of his convictions in stark contrast to all current council members. Shame on the Carmel city council!

Since: Sep 09

Carmel Valley, CA

#7 Sep 14, 2010
I didn't realize that Meg Whitman was 'one of my own.' I guess that means I should only vote for those who have lady parts and bits. How very excellent. That takes so much research and guess-work out of voting for the person who is the most qualified.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salinas Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep 22 Nicky 2
Export more jobs to get Jobs back? Sep 19 entitled 2
Stoopid & Proud Trumpter! Sep 19 castro brobrobro 1
Poll Are white people tired of Mexicans in Salinas? (Jan '08) Sep 13 Phillip 914
Toilet Sex Costing Jobs? Sep 12 busshwhack grabbo 1
Trump Molested In Mexico? Sep 1 Say it Aint So 1
News Coastal Commission votes against Santa Cruza s ... Aug '16 Reeking clam 9

Castroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Castroville Mortgages