Aptos motorcyclist dies in Highway 1 ...

Aptos motorcyclist dies in Highway 1 accident

There are 102 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 3, 2010, titled Aptos motorcyclist dies in Highway 1 accident. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A 35-year-old Aptos man died Tuesday night after he lost control of his 2008 Suzuki DL650 motorcycle on northbound Highway 1 near State Route 183/Merritt Street and was ejected from the motorcycle, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Is that u, John Wayne? ”

Since: Jul 08

Santa Cruz, CA

#107 Nov 5, 2010
dead skunk can kill too wrote:
I was on my way to work. and I saw this big dead skunk in the middle of the road. Imagine, if motorcycle is to run over it. 99.99% chance, he'd be flipped over and struck by other vehicle on traffic. Instant death.
Honestly, that is not the case. On various motorcycles I have personally without issue ridden over;

Dead skunk, raccoons, half a freaking deer before... Nailed a whole live dear on my Hayabusa at 17 and Granite Creek, sent the deer sailing and ripped the front fender off the bike but I kept it on two wheels and got stopped safely.

Couch cushions, sheetrock, 2x4's, 4x4's, tools, rope, extension cords... On Hwy 680 I even rode right down the center of the rungs of a 12 foot ladder that shot out from under the car in front of me in my lane. I just lifted my ass off the seat and got on the gas.
Cajin Crash

United States

#108 Nov 5, 2010
Moike wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, that is not the case. On various motorcycles I have personally without issue ridden over;
Dead skunk, raccoons, half a freaking deer before... Nailed a whole live dear on my Hayabusa at 17 and Granite Creek, sent the deer sailing and ripped the front fender off the bike but I kept it on two wheels and got stopped safely.
Couch cushions, sheetrock, 2x4's, 4x4's, tools, rope, extension cords... On Hwy 680 I even rode right down the center of the rungs of a 12 foot ladder that shot out from under the car in front of me in my lane. I just lifted my **** off the seat and got on the gas.
Thats nothing, I get 14 miles to the motorcycle in my cage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Are white people tired of Mexicans in Salinas? (Jan '08) 2 hr Cracker Go Home 890
Review: First Security Services (May '14) Jun 27 Anonymous 28
News PVUSD ranks 15 among state's 97 districts that ... (Feb '08) Jun 25 Daniel Gonzalez 17
Trump Cures Drought & High Body Odor Jun 22 Happytrumpshappy 1
News PVUSD takes stand against controversial pesticide (Oct '10) Jun 14 Daniel Gonzalez 24
News Four arrested for suspected gang activity in Wa... Jun 8 Real 1
News Women increasingly using meth to lose weight, p... (Feb '08) Jun 5 Bobby N 12

Castroville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Castroville Mortgages