Gang-motivated stabbing kills Santa Cruz woman's fiancee

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

After proposing to her boyfriend of two years less than a week ago, Kaisha Otis-Taul is now making funeral plans for her fiancee who died in what police are calling a gang-motivated stabbing.
Comments
1 - 20 of 101 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2013
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

If the victim was involved in a gang, he really isn't much of a victim.
too late

Hurleyville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Nice little town you got there. Might as well call its stab cruz.
ben cartwright

New Almaden, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

every day i am astounded and amazed by the motive of these terrorists in america..who in the hell brainwashed these kids to attack someone for wearing red ..hopefully these two will get life sentences , or a death sentence that is actually performed
Jacob

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

A little compassion for Kaisha would be more appropriate than gloating over her fiance's death. Hope she can get some comfort from her friends and family. Condolences...

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

So I guess Moreno was a Norteno and Holquin and the juvenile were Surenos. This is how wild animals behave. They belong in a zoo.
Pet Kattle

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Anonymous wrote:
If the victim was involved in a gang, he really isn't much of a victim.
Agreed!
Nil

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Dear Santa Cruz Sentinel Staff and Editors,

A fiancee is a woman who is engaged. A fiance is a man who is engaged. You probably meant to write the latter; it's a pity the editors never made it through college.

“How can I help?”

Since: Jan 09

Santa Cruz

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Gang or not, the people that are left behind are suffering. My sympathy is with everyone affected by this. This goes far beyond the slain and the slayers. Incidents like these are hard on the entire community, let alone the friends and family of all whom are involved in the crime.
Pet Kattle

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

My sympathy this past week-end has to go to Jett Travolta. The only good banger is a dead banger.
nobody cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

screw all you barnicle heads who talk shit about dead people you never even met.
And bless all you people who know better
lame paper no information

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

"...
According to police, the attack is considered gang-motivated. Moreno and Otis-Taul were both wearing red. Moreno was wearing a red belt with the letter N, commonly associated with a rival gang of the two suspects, police said...
...."

How's about doing your stupid job reporter A. Wilson? Instead of saying pathetic PC stuff like "rival gang", instead educate the public so they know the names of the gangs and they know that they are Hispanic gangs.

And how about the Senile remaining idiot editor running some stories on local gangs to educate readers? Like pictures of clothing, pictures of gangsters, pictures of graffiti used by the gangs? Instead due to pathetic PC, noone can spot a gang banger in their neighborhood, no one can tell which graffiti is gang related.

Not a chance. He's too busy driving what's left of the 150 year old paper - the oldest in California - into the dead trees grave.
Pet Kattle

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Pet Kattle wrote:
My sympathy this past week-end has to go to Jett Travolta. The only good banger is a dead banger.
You so smart Pet Kattle #2
Dr Huh

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Nil wrote:
Dear Santa Cruz Sentinel Staff and Editors,
A fiancee is a woman who is engaged. A fiance is a man who is engaged. You probably meant to write the latter; it's a pity the editors never made it through college.
Wow, how's that OCD working out for you?
aka

Alamo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

what the girlfriend said is in her convenince because moreno was his boyfriend but maybe he was the one to begin the fight in the firs place and throw gang signs to.
Just sayin

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Wearing red? Meh - who doesn't have red?

Wearing a red N (aka Norteno) belt? Nothing subtle about that.
unknown

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

i hope those two idiots get delt with when they get 2 prison, and as for the girlfriend left behind i'm sorry 4 your loss.
CaRes

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Pet Kattle
Agreed!

Its interesting how people just want to be evil and attack others on this blog. The article states they were wearing red colors, not gang signs. For goodness sake, he died, have some compassion. I assume if I wear my cashmere red sweater to the mall and was stabbed, that you would verbally abuse me as asking to be stabbed? Get a life people, don't be cruel and read correctly the article before attacking.
Coulrophobia

San Bruno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

The other day I saw a man walk into Long's on Front Street wearing a large knife in a scabbard on his belt. He walked right by the cash registers, and back to the pharmacy window. No one tried to stop him. Now, I assume that these stabbings around town that we read about are done with hidden, folding knives (switchblades), but how can anyone feel safe if a man can walk into a business wearing a weapon, and it goes unremarked by the policeman working patrol in the parking lot? This isn't the first time I've seen that in SC.

It is unnerving to think that just about every punk you see is very likely carrying a knife these days. I am a bit less sympathetic when the knifing victims are people within the gangs -- reap what you sow -- but a death is a death.
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

lucky local lady wrote:
Gang or not, the people that are left behind are suffering. My sympathy is with everyone affected by this. This goes far beyond the slain and the slayers. Incidents like these are hard on the entire community, let alone the friends and family of all whom are involved in the crime.
Duhhhh!

That'd why they need birth control and we need border control.

Those are just the facts, if you actually want to change anything for the better.

Hand-wringing isn't enough. Sorry.
Might Actually Know

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

They are assuming, or letting you gentle readers assume, that Kaisha Otis-Taul is a perfect little angel.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Castroville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Either Or 4,992
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr ferris wheel 200,602
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 12 hr marching banded 15,931
Review: First Security Services 14 hr Angello Campbell 4
FBI raid in Seaside linked to Christina William... (Sep '09) Thu meg828r 13
My mom is terminally ill & the doctor says she ... Thu meg828r 2
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Aug 18 Mudflys to 7,901

Search the Castroville Forum:
•••
•••
Castroville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Castroville Jobs