First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Native

Johnstown, NY

#1 Apr 29, 2013
The recent Snirt Day was a disaster of major porportions. State land Private land, town roads, farm land and dangerous highway conditions way to numerous to mention. And questionable law enforcement. And they say they made mistakes and will corect them next year. Always excuses.

Time Stinson and the Snirt Bags give it up. The Natives are tired of the renegade behavior of this illegal function. But its all for the profit of a few at the expense of many andfor a poker card a few drinks and off to the next bar. In the mean time we have road conditions ( mud) that made the roads down right dangerous. I am sure that the sponsors will reimburse the towns and the county for the man hours spent to fix up the mess.

Oh and the public urinationin the front yard in Barnes Corners was real cute. The mascot the blow up doll was certainly one of the more comical ideas which shows the mentality of this we just are havving harmless fun group. Just a matter of time before we have a real tragedy. But it brings in money for a few. What a bunch of Snirt Bags.
local

Pulaski, NY

#3 Apr 29, 2013
I live right where they have the snirt run, but did not participate. hundreds of wheelers passed by my house, I did not receive ANY property damage or any aggravation!! I think ya'll should find something else to b*tch about. maybe if u could ,one, afford a wheeler and two, afford to participate maybe that stick up your a** would fall out and u might start enjoying life a little! there is always going to be an a** hole to take advantage and ruin it for the others who where simply just enjoying a nice ride. and those people need to be held accountable!! and I also think the ones who didn't have enough brains to turn around when the snow got too deep should have also been ticketed (making $$ for the county too) and forced to leave their atvs there and return at more accessible time. stop punishing the ones who do follow the rules, since when is it fair to make those who do what is expected to be reprimanded?
heard from

Gloversville, NY

#4 Apr 29, 2013
first "snirt bag" heard from. just the usual rant about how everyone should own a wheeler. I don't believe you even live in Lewis County, much less on the Snirt Run route.
local

Pulaski, NY

#5 Apr 29, 2013
haha...really? is the carpenter road next to the timberview in lewis county?? if I wasn't in lewis county I probably would not know what a snirt run is. and I don't think I qualify to be a snirt bag if I didn't participate :)
heard from

Gloversville, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2013
doesn't mean you live on the Carpenter rd. just because you say so. I am happy to see that you agree that there are "Snirt Bags".
things are out of control in Lewis County. the permit program has been running essentially unsupervised and county government spends way too much time kissing the ATV clubs arses. the Snirt is a big, ugly boil and this year it burst.
dream big

Indian Lake, NY

#7 Apr 30, 2013
I don't participate in any of the snirt runs but i do ride trails sometimes. I rode the trails soon after the snirt run and found that the road conditions were not any worse then a tractor going in and out of a field to spread manure. No more dangerous. Yes some of the antics were stupid but based on the amount of people the few things you mentioned isnt really abnormal for any event. Even the lewis county fair has its share of people acting up. Do you get rid of the fair because of a few? Its the same mentality. The combination of alcohol and ignorance is the real problem not the atv. I dont drink and thats my choice and i personally dont ride around and cause damage to others property. They are my neighbors. I wouldnt want them to do that to me. Most people here have that same feeling of respect for their neighbors and their property. You may have to come up with some numbers that show the facts you are trying to put forward heard from. So far they dont match what you have been saying and many people are not listening to you because the few things you mention dont match the amount of people and trails and businesses that had no problems that day
heard from

Gloversville, NY

#8 Apr 30, 2013
you apparently have a high tolerance for serious damage or just hope lying will cover things up. the damage done to the state right-of way in Lyons Falls was egregious and a farmer has had a hayfield damaged to the point it needs replanting. being on either one of these properties was illegal but that's nothing for Snirt Bags.there was plenty more.

never compare this to farmers. farmers are an industry where occasional messes occur. Snirt Bagging is a day of outlaw activity rationalized by increased beer sales.
snirt bags

Gloversville, NY

#9 Apr 30, 2013
Damage Control

Johnstown, NY

#10 Apr 30, 2013
local wrote:
I live right where they have the snirt run, but did not participate. hundreds of wheelers passed by my house, I did not receive ANY property damage or any aggravation!! I think ya'll should find something else to b*tch about. maybe if u could ,one, afford a wheeler and two, afford to participate maybe that stick up your a** would fall out and u might start enjoying life a little! there is always going to be an a** hole to take advantage and ruin it for the others who where simply just enjoying a nice ride. and those people need to be held accountable!! and I also think the ones who didn't have enough brains to turn around when the snow got too deep should have also been ticketed (making $$ for the county too) and forced to leave their atvs there and return at more accessible time. stop punishing the ones who do follow the rules, since when is it fair to make those who do what is expected to be reprimanded?
Same old rant just a few did wrong. Again Wrong. How about the farmer who has 20 plus acres damaged? Is the Sno-Pals and Gary I want positive press gonna fix it? I heard they may be blaming a township for not plowing the road so they aint gonna fix it. Is that true? You live close to those who claim that they bring in lots of money to the county. Just one problem, it aint no money when the taxes aint paid. Go play with your blow up dolls.
dream big

Indian Lake, NY

#11 Apr 30, 2013
restaurants are a business and so are taverns. every year some farmers cause so much mud and dropped manure they cause accidents and even to the point that police have made farmers clean the roads. The heavy equipment also causes damage to the paved roads so yes it is comparable. damage is damage no matter what vehicle does it. You are still grouping every person on the snirt run as a snirtbag and trying to make everyone out to be drunken criminals which is not true at all. Less then 10% of riders cause the problem. Now if you were saying that during the snirt run there was damage and criminal activity that was caused by some of the riders then i would agree with you. If you said there needs to be a review before the next run about more patrols to help stop this then yes i would agree but that isnt what you did. You group every rider in this event as criminals and its far from true. Then you wonder why people get mad at your rantings and give you negative feedback.
Cover

New York, NY

#12 Apr 30, 2013
Us atv riders have rights. The damage done to the field the rodes was minor.
When will the anti atv group stop crying?
snirt bags

Gloversville, NY

#13 Apr 30, 2013
atv riders are people involved in playing. that's not industry. tractors are legal on roads- atvs are not. roads are open illegally to atvs- the whole event is outlaw.
hey "cover" the road and farm damage was not minor. there may be lawsuit.
the only crying is from the blating Snirt Bags.
Kuku Racha

New York, NY

#14 Apr 30, 2013
Farmers every day run their shit wagons and drag mud onto the road, we live with it. The tractors may be legal to run on the road, but if i smuck one with my car, I'm bound to get hurt. The damage to the right of way in lyons falls is being fixed and the alfalfa field on the hill is being reseeded. Live and let live
dream big

Indian Lake, NY

#15 Apr 30, 2013
as long as the trails are open it isnt illegal to ride them. Until it is deemed illegal then you dont have a leg to stand on by just saying yourself its illegal. Again you keep implying all atv riders cause this problem. Atv riders buy the atvs and pay all the fees to be able to ride. It is no different then using a jet ski except one is dirt and the other water. Actually tractors without slow moving vehicle signs are illegal on the roads. Some of the heavier weight tractors are not allowed on some roads also.
snirt bags

Gloversville, NY

#16 Apr 30, 2013
sorry, you're wrong about the alfalfa field... and fixing something after you've broken it doesn't make it okay.
comparing farmers or any other industry to this atv yahooism doesn't even rise to the level of comparing apples to oranges.
it's not just me saying riding roads is illegal- the courts have. your time is running out Snirt Bags.

as for Jet Skis...water enthusiasts regard them as the atvs of water and that's not a compliment.
dream big

Indian Lake, NY

#17 Apr 30, 2013
farm equipment does a lot of damage to roads each year because of the weight and the tires made for off road use. It is exactly the same thing you complain about atv's. The atv weighs much less then farm equipment. The metal ring on the wheels of the buggies for the amish leave grooves in the road which is worse then rubber tires too..should the amish be removed from all roads also? You are a hard headed broken record so im sure you will say the same thing with no offer of the real reason you hate atv's so much. It isnt the poor excuses you have given..its something more you dont want to say. They use atv's on the farms for many tasks but you didnt acknowledge the good things they do for that business so it has to be something more then you have said. My guess is maybe a family member of yours didnt ride one properly and was hurt or possibly killed on one so you hate them now.
local

Pulaski, NY

#18 Apr 30, 2013
heard from wrote:
doesn't mean you live on the Carpenter rd. just because you say so. I am happy to see that you agree that there are "Snirt Bags".
things are out of control in Lewis County. the permit program has been running essentially unsupervised and county government spends way too much time kissing the ATV clubs arses. the Snirt is a big, ugly boil and this year it burst.
I can assure you I do live on the carpenter road,why would I lie about something like that just to argue with u.this makes u sound ignorant:) and yes I DO AGREE THERE ARE SOME "SNIRT BAGS"! but NOT everybody!!!!!! we, atv owners, have fought hard to keep these trail open, I really don't think they are kissing the atv clubs a**es!!
local

Pulaski, NY

#19 Apr 30, 2013
heard from wrote:
you apparently have a high tolerance for serious damage or just hope lying will cover things up. the damage done to the state right-of way in Lyons Falls was egregious and a farmer has had a hayfield damaged to the point it needs replanting. being on either one of these properties was illegal but that's nothing for Snirt Bags.there was plenty more.
never compare this to farmers. farmers are an industry where occasional messes occur. Snirt Bagging is a day of outlaw activity rationalized by increased beer sales.
actually no I do not have a high tolerance (im quite a b*tch, if u must know!) for ANY damage done to my property and don't have time to lie about something that stupid! in fact I did receive some property damage.... when somebody in a truck took my mail box and tore up my yard and I was pisssed. does this mean I should rally all my friends together and try to make it illegal for people to drive trucks because of this one person? and I'm sure this isn't the only incident!! and those people who were on private property should be held accountable! but most of us riders don't want to go where its illegal, WE ARE NOT ALL SNIRT BAGS!! oh yea and I also don't like beer!!!
snirt bags

Gloversville, NY

#20 May 1, 2013
I don't hate atvs. I object to their illegal use. the Snirt Run is illegal and damaging from beginning to end. NEWSFLASH... there is NO agreement between the farmer and the Snirt organizers. It appears the Snirt insurance won't cover the damage from the illegal act of trespassing and the Club isn't stepping up. if you participate in this outlaw event you are Snirt Bags...birds of a feather. ride your atvs legally, on your own property and hopefully the Snirt Bag will come clean.
dream big

Indian Lake, NY

#21 May 1, 2013
to date the trails are legal to ride on even if you don.t want to agree. So you can stop with that broken record you keep bringing up. Its a useless point until you can get it changed. You yourself agree it was a few people doing the damage but you still group everyone together. Your the definition of a bigot. Your statement of birds of a feather proves that. The damage done by a few is terrible and i also hope they catch the criminal but i take offense to you grouping everyone. This doesnt just happen during the snirt run. There are individuals who dont respect others property all season long. There are also people who break into camps which is trespassing and damage but you cant blame everyone you dont like for that also. Your arguments have too many holes in it. You try to group it to make it seem larger then it really is. Not that trespassing and damage is a small crime but you cant add in people who had nothing to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castorland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Hellinger 1 hr CNYHater001 12
Councilwoman sues Turin Council 2 hr Adelie 203
Croghan women charged with second-degree crimin... 6 hr ball 5
drug dealers in croghan 8 hr Waldo 12
music 16 hr Chelsea 16
black car 16 hr Lewis 8
village resident and tax payer of both Tue Truth Seeker 11
Castorland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web