First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mburger

United States

#41 Jun 5, 2010
check the law wrote:
i looked up the law reguards to the park yes it was left to the town to always be a free park and if they are going to charge and change the amendment i would love to see it go back on the tax role. so please charge then with all that beutiful land the taxes generated from it would maybe lower my taxes. i figure its got to be worth 200000 - 250000 worth of buildings and land. taxes would be about 12000 or more so please charge so i can bring this to the comptrollers attention.
Please, Councilor, tell me where you read this "law". Methinks your full of sh*t
kickassfucker

Gloversville, NY

#42 Jun 5, 2010
no they took items while we were gone 2 the bathroom...we were gone 4 like 2 minutes
camper

Gloversville, NY

#43 Jun 10, 2010
I went up there memorial day weekend. 10$ a nite. cops were there every night. not once but 3 times a night,. I camp there almost every summer and to tell you the truth, this was the worst experience I have had. I was very disappointed.
its ME

United States

#44 Jun 10, 2010
A friend of mine came up Saturday night to go to Mudfest. Camped there for the night. Didnt have to pay.
bouttime

Fort Plain, NY

#45 Jun 12, 2010
camper wrote:
I went up there memorial day weekend. 10$ a nite. cops were there every night. not once but 3 times a night,. I camp there almost every summer and to tell you the truth, this was the worst experience I have had. I was very disappointed.
They were there three times because there were underage drinkers there camping out....duh. I can't believe that there were no arrests though.
yeah

United States

#46 Jun 21, 2010
check out thread lyons falls topix whitacker pk info gotten at park june 20 th
Do you have to pay

United States

#47 Jun 22, 2010
its ME wrote:
A friend of mine came up Saturday night to go to Mudfest. Camped there for the night. Didnt have to pay.
I'm confused some say you have to pay others say you don't. Does anyone know one way or another if you have to pay?
why

United States

#48 Jun 22, 2010
bouttime wrote:
<quoted text>
They were there three times because there were underage drinkers there camping out....duh. I can't believe that there were no arrests though.
why, were the "underage drinkers" really causing any problems? If they're not disturbing the peace, they're not DRIVING... I say leave them alone!! Unless they're like 14, 15... 17 or 18 year olds, who gives a rats behind????
living the lowlife

United States

#49 Jun 23, 2010
I for one used to camp in the park with my kids and if they are going to charge the caretaker should have his fat ass there at all times like DH used to be there and on the other hand there charging now and low and behold oh no thbe park building was broken into last nite so get ur facts strait even with charging it was broken into. Leave ppl alone and no charging some of us go there in the summer so young kids between the ages of 12 and under that cant afford anything else can atleast enjoy the park. Get a frickin life go by the rules and dont charge like the rules say no charging.
Cheryl

Buffalo, NY

#50 Aug 10, 2010
There is a charge to camp there. $10 for campers, $5 for tents. There are two men who come into the park daily to check on new arrivals. The park is fantastic, and if we lived closer we would be there all the time. The money goes to maintaining the outhouses (which by the way are the cleanest I've ever seen), and making sure the paths to the gorge are good. There were two other campers in the park while we were there and nothing of ours was stolen. I sure don't mind paying $10/night. I thank the older gentlemen that DO maintain the park - like I said - beautiful park, REAL FAIR price. We will be back next year with the rest of our family, because we had a great time.
mcnasty

United States

#51 Aug 12, 2010
M.burg is fortunate to have this facility.
SOOOOOOOO

United States

#52 Aug 15, 2010
i love camping there but when u have low life scums there they r fricken loud and pathetic and we rrly cant have a good time with all them people up there fricken bein loud trashen it and doing pot weed w.e they do u know what i mean soo yea hopefully they do charge them the welfare people wont come i hope not to be rude but thats how it is they drive me in SAINE
joe

North Creek, NY

#53 Aug 15, 2010
well it sure dose cut down on the scum bags dosent it
yes

Boonville, NY

#55 Mar 20, 2013
camper wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the man who left it to Martinsburg said it had to always stay free? There is never supposed to be any charge, only donations. Where did you hear this anyway? I haven't heard anything about it.
i agree i heard the same thing. they are charging and the guy there is a basturd. one is steve hershey and he dont know his ass from a hole in the ground..
Haha

New York, NY

#56 Mar 20, 2013
I love how you are dragging up something from 2 1/2 years ago.
yes wrote:
<quoted text> i agree i heard the same thing. they are charging and the guy there is a basturd. one is steve hershey and he dont know his ass from a hole in the ground..
Sara

Wells, NY

#57 Mar 28, 2013
I have camped there since they started charging and it was very peacefull. There was no heavy parting going on and my child had a great time. The cost of camping there is very reasonable and worth it. The mangment of the place was great and they were very friendly. Glad to see them cleaning and fixing the place up for people who can't really afford to camp at other camp grounds. Keep up the good work guys, and hope to be able to get up there this summer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castorland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Awww single girl u were my intertainment! 59 min Single Lady 2
Martha Sullivan 1 hr Attitude Adjuster 3
lowville 4 corners. 11 hr drive buyer 1
News Two arrested in Lewis County camp burglaries (Dec '09) 14 hr Mike and Shannon ... 3
News Senator Gillibrand pushes legislation to limit ... 14 hr Yaba Gaba Doo 1
Labradoodles 21 hr TellAll 1
News Lowville officials upgrade water conservation n... 21 hr Ronald Mcdonald 10

Castorland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Castorland Mortgages