Black panther sighting in castor

Posted in the Castor Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
abcdefg

Gloster, LA

#1 Nov 6, 2011
Has anyone else seen one? No one believes they are in Louisiana!!!
I believe

United States

#2 Nov 6, 2011
Yes i do!!!! A person i know has a picture. Of one at his deer stand( Bienville parish). I saw one about a year ago on HWY 507!!!!
???

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2011
abcdefg wrote:
Has anyone else seen one? No one believes they are in Louisiana!!!
I know several people that have seen them. I also have seen a photo someone took at a deer stand of a cougar. They are most definitely around.
curious

San Antonio, TX

#4 Nov 7, 2011
As a child, in the 50's, I personally know of 2 being sited and killed on the Punkin Center Rd, between RedFlat and Wallace churches.
same age

San Antonio, TX

#5 Nov 7, 2011
I personally saw one on Foster Arbor Rd., in the 50's, but it wasn't killed.
abcdefg

Logansport, LA

#6 Nov 7, 2011
I know they are around! I have seen one about 8 years ago, but a relative of mine saw one the other day when he was in his deer stand!
kyle

Shreveport, LA

#7 Nov 7, 2011
i have had one walk up in my yard in broad daylight
hallucinations

United States

#8 Nov 8, 2011
Nope...ain't none...never have been.
abcdefg

Bossier City, LA

#9 Nov 8, 2011
they are around! just wait till u see one and get the hell scared out of ya!!!!
IDIOTS

Olla, LA

#10 Nov 8, 2011
abcdefg wrote:
they are around! just wait till u see one and get the hell scared out of ya!!!!
IVE HUNTED AND BEEN IN THE WOODS PROBALLY AS MUCH OR MORE THAN ANYONE AROUND HERE.THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL AS A BLACK PANTHER.THERE WAS A TAN COLORED COUGAR FOUND IN BOSSIER PARISH A FEW YEARS AGO,THATS THE ONLY DOCUMENTED COUGAR FOUND IN THE AREA.IT IS THOUGHT HE TRAVELED DOWN THE RED RIVER FROM TEXAS OR OKLAHOMA.A BLACK CAT IS A COLOR VARIATION OF LARGE CATS FOUND IN ASIA.ALL THESE STORIES THAT GRANDPAWS TOLD OF PANTHERS SCREAMING AT NIGHT YEARS AGO WERE SCREATCH OWLS OR TO MUCH MOONSHINE CONSUMPTION.
abcdefg

Arcadia, LA

#11 Nov 8, 2011
oooo! wrote it in all caps so i would be impressed!!! well i know and many others know to that they are lurking in the area!
katie

United States

#12 Nov 9, 2011
Well I used to think it was all bull. My mamaw would always say they had one come up in there back yard and I was always like yeah yeah yeah and blew it off until about a 2 or 3 years ago when I seen one on hwy 4 late one night
abcdefg

Shreveport, LA

#13 Nov 9, 2011
thank u very much for sharing! im tryin to see how many people have actually seen one! btw, which hwy. 4 was that if u dont mind me asking? towards lucky or ringgold?
Outside of Gold Limits

United States

#14 Nov 9, 2011
My daddy used to say there were none also but panthers and cougars are the same thing, he finally saw one for himself about a year ago at Loggy Bayou. He has also been all over these woods through his job plus hunting and trapping. Daddy has never been on drugs, isn't a drinker, doesn't suffer from hallucinations or any other mental illnesses including Alzheimer's, and is well respected. Also the one he saw was more of a brownish color and not black.
IDIOTS

Olla, LA

#15 Nov 9, 2011
abcdefg wrote:
oooo! wrote it in all caps so i would be impressed!!! well i know and many others know to that they are lurking in the area!
OK,$1000.00 REWARD IF YOU CAN PRODUCE A TRAIL CAMERA PICTURE AND THEN TAKE US TO THE SCENE OF WHERE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN TO COMPARE THE TERRAIN AND SCENERY IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE PICTURE TO THAT OF WHERE YOU CLAIM THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN.IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CAMERAS IN USE BY NEARLY EVERY HUNTER IN THE WOODS NOW.YOU MIGHT PRINT A INTERNET PICTURE AND TRY TO BS SOMEONE,BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET AN AUTHENTIC ONE OF YOUR OWN. OH,AND I LOVE CAPS.
abcdefg

Shreveport, LA

#16 Nov 9, 2011
why do i need to prove anything to u? u obviously have no sense of adventure and are a very borin human bein who sits in his mothers basement and plays world of warcraft and is a virgin!!! i will not be responding to any of ur posts anymore because this is a post for people who actually have seen these creatures in our area! so MR ALL CAPS!!! dont bother! and to everyone else, i am sorry for the language. keep posting! i am loving hearing ur stories and so is a lot of other people!
hallucinations

United States

#17 Nov 9, 2011
IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>OK,$1000.00 REWARD IF YOU CAN PRODUCE A TRAIL CAMERA PICTURE AND THEN TAKE US TO THE SCENE OF WHERE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN TO COMPARE THE TERRAIN AND SCENERY IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE PICTURE TO THAT OF WHERE YOU CLAIM THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN.IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CAMERAS IN USE BY NEARLY EVERY HUNTER IN THE WOODS NOW.YOU MIGHT PRINT A INTERNET PICTURE AND TRY TO BS SOMEONE,BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET AN AUTHENTIC ONE OF YOUR OWN. OH,AND I LOVE CAPS.
This is exactly right. The only one that ever came through here was caught on two trail cameras and killed in Bossier City. The number of game cameras has probably at least tripled since 2008. There would be hundreds of pictures of them floating around if they were here.

Nobody has spent more time in the woods than I have since 1950 and I've never seen one, heard one, or seen signs of one and I don't miss animal sign.
katie

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2011
I have a picture, and can take you exactly where it was taken. And it was hwy 4 going to lucky.
abcdefg

Shreveport, LA

#19 Nov 9, 2011
awesome katie! would love to see it sometime! i know exactly where u are talking about! that just happens to be where i saw the one 8 years ago! what a coincidence!
CC

Frisco, TX

#20 Nov 10, 2011
IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>OK,$1000.00 REWARD IF YOU CAN PRODUCE A TRAIL CAMERA PICTURE AND THEN TAKE US TO THE SCENE OF WHERE THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN TO COMPARE THE TERRAIN AND SCENERY IN THE BACKGROUND OF THE PICTURE TO THAT OF WHERE YOU CLAIM THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN.IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN.THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF CAMERAS IN USE BY NEARLY EVERY HUNTER IN THE WOODS NOW.YOU MIGHT PRINT A INTERNET PICTURE AND TRY TO BS SOMEONE,BUT YOU WILL NEVER GET AN AUTHENTIC ONE OF YOUR OWN. OH,AND I LOVE CAPS.
Just look it up on the Internet. There have been several sightings verified.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Staff Aug 29 dang 3
The Hoes of Hall Summit (Sep '10) Aug '16 djke 4
News Louisiana releases top-20 parishes for deer pro... Aug '16 Bushman 1
dawn leggit (Sep '15) Aug '16 Luckybastard 2
Kristen Eaton (Apr '10) Aug '16 You-dont-know-me 23
Douglas Willard Cloud and Elizabeth Ashley Havard Jul '16 Bawg 1
Madison Cheatwood Jul '16 Concerned 1

Castor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance