Castlewood fire and rescue

Posted in the Castlewood Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ohhhh

Roanoke, VA

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Seems like there starting to straighting something's out down there and are answering most calls now. Good to see a turn around. Answering most calls on 1st alert that's what the people of castlewood deserves.
grammar police

Lebanon, VA

#2 Nov 11, 2013
Seems like they're starting to straighten some things out down there and are answering most calls now. Good to see a turnaround. Answering most calls on first alert; thats what the people of Castlewood deserve.

That is how it should have been written (to the best of my ability anyway). It is obvious you're in EMS and most likely affiliated with Castlewood based on your terminology and support. I too am glad to hear a more consistent response. Whatever is being done is obviously an improvement, I just hope it lasts. I hope that if you're an EMT or higher that your narratives are better than this. I would be unemployed with a narrative of that quality. If they are not, the money you're getting paid to "volunteer" will probably dry up soon.
were from the stix

United States

#3 Nov 12, 2013
Around here we don't try to be politically correct people underdstand you. Remember we from the south were sometimes our shit stinks and our words are yep and yellower. Unlike a few that think their shit don't stink and their better than u but guess what we all put our britches on the same way.
Taurus

Lebanon, VA

#4 Nov 12, 2013
were from the stix wrote:
Around here we don't try to be politically correct people underdstand you. Remember we from the south were sometimes our shit stinks and our words are yep and yellower. Unlike a few that think their shit don't stink and their better than u but guess what we all put our britches on the same way.
Got to agree with you on that one. The way people express themselves isn't nearly as important as what they say and people here know that. Probably why we don't take delight in correcting them. Soo glad about Castlewood Fire and Rescue but it has to be said that if young people don't volunteer the original members that are left just can't cover all calls.
Ohhhh

Chicago, IL

#5 Nov 12, 2013
grammar police wrote:
Seems like they're starting to straighten some things out down there and are answering most calls now. Good to see a turnaround. Answering most calls on first alert; thats what the people of Castlewood deserve.
That is how it should have been written (to the best of my ability anyway). It is obvious you're in EMS and most likely affiliated with Castlewood based on your terminology and support. I too am glad to hear a more consistent response. Whatever is being done is obviously an improvement, I just hope it lasts. I hope that if you're an EMT or higher that your narratives are better than this. I would be unemployed with a narrative of that quality. If they are not, the money you're getting paid to "volunteer" will probably dry up soon.
This isent English class, but thanks.
former member

Lebanon, VA

#6 Nov 12, 2013
Original members cant cover all the calls? Does anyone even really know who the people covering calls from there are or why the are doing it?
former member2

Charlotte, NC

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Everyone of them are on drugs and drunks!
Guy

Lebanon, VA

#8 Nov 13, 2013
They are all worthless
Ya know

Lebanon, VA

#9 Nov 13, 2013
I used to set and listen to my scanner and would hear dispatcher set off castlewoods alerts, they wouldn't run their calls. If it wasn't for Dante and Lebanon, the castlewood community wouldn't have had any EMS. They can set at their little building but they can't run their calls? That's alright castlewood, all of you just set back and turn your calls to Dante and Lebanon, they will run them for you
Ohhhh

Roanoke, VA

#10 Nov 14, 2013
Ya know wrote:
I used to set and listen to my scanner and would hear dispatcher set off castlewoods alerts, they wouldn't run their calls. If it wasn't for Dante and Lebanon, the castlewood community wouldn't have had any EMS. They can set at their little building but they can't run their calls? That's alright castlewood, all of you just set back and turn your calls to Dante and Lebanon, they will run them for you
Too bad Dante or Lebanon is running calls for castlewood anymore.
Just like Dante last night.... Had to calls at once and had an ambulance responding to the 1st call and there "fearless leader" had that crew turn around and come back to the station to switch crews to run the 2nd. So....that being said.... What quality!

I can answer you the members that are at CFR isent drunks or druggies...by any means.

And who cares where they come from???
former member

Athens, TN

#11 Nov 14, 2013
not familiar with that situation but it sounds to me like a real leader stepped up and handled the situation and got two calls covered with real volunteers. It didn't take money to get them to handle it or sub-par out of towners.
Grammar Police

Athens, TN

#12 Nov 14, 2013
I'm not even going to attempt to break down that last post from Mr. Ohhh. So Dante and Lebanon is or Dante and Lebanon isn't covering calls? Proof reading isn't a virgin concept.

I again will agree there is current improvement but my scanner doesn't lie. Not all "calls" are being covered but its a much more tolerable level. You should really be more humbled and not boast. You're only opening the door for negative comments. Let your actions speak for yourself and not your mouth, good actions don't go unnoticed.
Ohhhh

Roanoke, VA

#13 Nov 14, 2013
Once again who cares weather there "paid" or "real" volunteer's???? Calls are being answered..
And the 2nd call was a house fire...and the first was a medical call so the "fearless leader" delayed care for a patient for a house fire with no patients.
Ohhhh

Roanoke, VA

#14 Nov 14, 2013
By the way 3rd alert for Dante....
SMH

Charlotte, NC

#15 Nov 14, 2013
Ohhh wtf are you talking about are you drunk?
Grammar Police

Lebanon, VA

#16 Nov 14, 2013
Remember my comment from earlier about opening the door for negative comments? You post negative things about Dante and then Castlewood barely gets out on two emergencies. Kudos for responding to both though, I don't want to stoop to your lows as much as I would be delighted to and say negative things. Maybe you should quit your childish banter and just practice good deeds. It wouldn't be good to keep stirring the pot while things are doing better. You stir too much and the nastiness on the bottom will likely rise up.
Ya know

Lebanon, VA

#17 Nov 14, 2013
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about Ohhhh. I know who you are, your just mad that you wasn't good enough to run with Dante and you knew you didn't have an opportunity at Lebanon. So y'all just go to your station and set and listen. I agree y'all have started running calls, but only the ones you want to run. Like I said though, don't worry Dante and Lebanon will cover for you all like they have the past year :)
ya know2

Lebanon, VA

#18 Nov 15, 2013
If you are going to run your mouth, you need to get the story straight. The dante unit was sent back to cover the fire and the other unit signed out immediately to the other call, which was not an emergency and there was no delay in medical help. Check dispatch records.
Ohhhh

United States

#19 Nov 15, 2013
ya know2 wrote:
If you are going to run your mouth, you need to get the story straight. The dante unit was sent back to cover the fire and the other unit signed out immediately to the other call, which was not an emergency and there was no delay in medical help. Check dispatch records.
The other call was an OB call... The 1st unit signed enroute and was told to come back to the station to change ambulances or crews, ether or delayed response and delayed care.
Fact

Greenville, SC

#20 Nov 15, 2013
Ohhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
The other call was an OB call... The 1st unit signed enroute and was told to come back to the station to change ambulances or crews, ether or delayed response and delayed care.
Get your facts straight, first unit signed out from Dante station, then was sent back to cover call in Dante. Second unit responded to OB call from substation, which is located in Hanging Rock area, which was closer to OB call. So therefore there was no response delay. So please get your facts before you post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Castlewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Large white dog (fair warning) 2 hr Serious 1
Austin4supervisor 3 hr no big deal 5
Pageants 8 hr Makayla 1
No sauce Pizza? 12 hr meeee 2
Wrong Turn Sat TooLateNow 1
strange vehicles in coeburn Sat haha 2
Dr. Brenda Hess Apr 28 Wow 11
More from around the web

Castlewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE