Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid

There are 20 comments on the New York Daily News story from Mar 19, 2012, titled Call for arrest of watch captain who shot kid. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- College students around Florida rallied Monday to demand the arrest of a white neighborhood watch captain who shot an unarmed black teen last month, though authorities may be hamstrung by a state law that allows people to defend themselves with deadly force.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21563 Dec 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
What Zimmerman took note of was that he never seen Martin there before.
What pedophile thug took note of was the color of Martin's skin.

And from the police tape, he already had him convicted.

Thug Zimmerman was told to stay put, he decided he was going to go play cop.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21564 Dec 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
He put two and two together.
What he put together was the boy was black.

The facts bear this out: the boy was black and thug Zimmerman decided to play cop.

Putting aside Zimmerman flunked out of school trying to become a cop, putting aside thug pedophile had a record, putting aside thug pedophile should not have had access to a handgun, putting aside by the rules of Neighborhood Watch, he wasn't supposed to even be armed.

The state of Florida has him dead to rights.
tired of silly

Orlando, FL

#21565 Dec 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a white neighborhood. In fact, whites are a minority in that community. What Zimmerman took note of was that he never seen Martin there before. Obviously, he was correct. Martin was not a resident there--only a visitor. He was also aware of all the break-ins that took place in that development. He put two and two together. A strange man walking the dark rainy streets in a hoodie. He suspected that Martin may have had something to do with the break-ins, so he did the right thing: he called the police to report it.
Before the final attack, Martin contemplated an earlier attack on Zimmerman. This was described in the early part of the 911 call. Zimmerman gave a minute by minute account of what was taking place to the dispatcher. He said "Now he's staring me down. He must be on drugs or something. Now he's coming towards me." That was Zimmerman's final words before Martin turned around and ran instead.
Don't confuse Bareback with facts!!! He and the rest of the ghetto rats have cooked up their story while they were cooking their crack, and they think it justifies the rioting and looting that they're planning for when George Zimmerman walks away from this mess a free man. Oh, the cryin' and whinin' that will go on THEN!!! Especially if we're really lucky and law enforcement rids the world of a pile of those screaming apes while they're trying to score a big-screen TV.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21566 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a white neighborhood for the thug Zimmerman.
He has never turned his truck around for 'suspicious' white boys.
no, police have stated he made numerous calls to the police for suspicious people.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21567 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What pedophile thug took note of was the color of Martin's skin.
And from the police tape, he already had him convicted.
Thug Zimmerman was told to stay put, he decided he was going to go play cop.
More lies from the lying troll. Again I ask: where in that 911 call did the dispatcher ever tell Zimmerman to stay put? You have no answer because you just lie about everything. I have the link to the 911 call if you ever had the blls to listen to it, but I know you don't.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21568 Dec 15, 2012
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What he put together was the boy was black.
The facts bear this out: the boy was black and thug Zimmerman decided to play cop.
Putting aside Zimmerman flunked out of school trying to become a cop, putting aside thug pedophile had a record, putting aside thug pedophile should not have had access to a handgun, putting aside by the rules of Neighborhood Watch, he wasn't supposed to even be armed.
The state of Florida has him dead to rights.
You are such a dope. If Zimmerman had any police record, he would not be able to secure a CCW license under the state rules. His charge was dropped to a misdemeanor which is a slap on the hand and just a step above a traffic ticket.

Martin was black, but so was over half of the community. Trying to educate you is like trying to pound a toothpick through a brick wall. Your closed mind is what disables you from using common sense.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21569 Dec 15, 2012
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse Bareback with facts!!! He and the rest of the ghetto rats have cooked up their story while they were cooking their crack, and they think it justifies the rioting and looting that they're planning for when George Zimmerman walks away from this mess a free man. Oh, the cryin' and whinin' that will go on THEN!!! Especially if we're really lucky and law enforcement rids the world of a pile of those screaming apes while they're trying to score a big-screen TV.
Well..... it's like I've written so many times before on Topix. The best part about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong. DumBama a perfect example. Barebrains comes in second.

It's difficult to have a serious discussion with somebody so obsessed with children and gays. I'm sure it's all he dreams about all night (or day since he doesn't work) long.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21570 Dec 15, 2012
tired of silly wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't confuse Bareback with facts!!!
You mean like the FACT, you ball-licking bigot- that pedophile Zimmerman was told by cops to stay put or that Zimmerman HAD AN ASSERT RECORD FOR ASSAULT or the fact that the only thing suspicious about the boy he shot dead was the color of his skin?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#21571 Dec 15, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
no, police have stated he made numerous calls to the police for suspicious people.
BLACKS ONLY.

The FACT is the only thing suspicious about the boy he killed was the color of his skin.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21572 Dec 16, 2012
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara on Friday said he was surprised when Sanford police Sgt. Joseph Santiago testified during a deposition last week that after more than two weeks of daily meetings at the police department at which officers agreed there was not enough evidence to charge Zimmerman, Serino signed paperwork that he turned over to Wolfinger, saying he had probable cause to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.

Why did Serino do this? He said eveything points to George Zimmerman's self defense.

Was he being pressured.....was he told that if there wasn't a charge there would be riots etc.?

This is a definite plus for George Zimmerman.What would any "reasonable person" think about this? That's all it takes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21573 Dec 16, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
Defense attorney Mark O'Mara on Friday said he was surprised when Sanford police Sgt. Joseph Santiago testified during a deposition last week that after more than two weeks of daily meetings at the police department at which officers agreed there was not enough evidence to charge Zimmerman, Serino signed paperwork that he turned over to Wolfinger, saying he had probable cause to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter.
Why did Serino do this? He said eveything points to George Zimmerman's self defense.
Was he being pressured.....was he told that if there wasn't a charge there would be riots etc.?
This is a definite plus for George Zimmerman.What would any "reasonable person" think about this? That's all it takes.
I concur. The State will have a difficult time explaining this issue to the jury. It is ripe for impeachment.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21574 Dec 16, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. The State will have a difficult time explaining this issue to the jury. It is ripe for impeachment.
That may likely, be why Serino is now in patrol and on the midnight shift, and on a seemingly, retirement trejectory....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21575 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>That may likely, be why Serino is now in patrol and on the midnight shift, and on a seemingly, retirement trejectory....
Anytime there is a high profile controversy, law enforcement cannibalizes itself. I was a victim of it during the Rodney King incident and broke a drug dealer's leg with a single blow to his leg while he was resisting arrest. Unfortunately, the King incident occurred shortly thereafter--which I agree was an excessive use of force by LAPD--and use-of-force incidents became populsr headlines for two years afterward.

Today, it's Stand-Your-Ground cases with an undercurrent of racism. The fact remains that if a woman had shot Mr. Martin, or a White male had shot another White male, or if it weere solely Black males involved, this case likely would never have occurred.

Yet I believe the same result would have occurred if a Black male had shot a White male or if a male of any race had shot a female. Racial and gender animosities are still very much in olay in America.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21576 Dec 16, 2012
George Zimmerman’s defense wants to stop witnesses from discussing the criminal investigation into Trayvon Martin’s shooting.

This comes after the defense attorneys say the prosecution failed to disclose private meetings between investigators, where they talked about whether there was enough evidence to charge Zimmerman. In the motion filed Friday, Zimmerman’s defense attorneys said that they were made aware of the meetings after an October 18 deposition of Sgt. Joseph Santiago, a Sanford Police Department officer.

The defense says these discussions could contain relevant information about whether their client is guilty, or “most notably the lack of guilt, of Mr. Zimmerman." They want the judge to order all the attorneys involved in the trial to not talk to the witnesses about the meetings until they’ve had their depositions.

----------

*The prosecution failed to disclose private meetings with investigators and O'Mara finds out after he deposes Santiago in October.

Then in the last hearing BDLR gives information to O'Mara that he received from Baez(Serino's Attorney) about Serino changing the report 4 times...BDLR then gives that information to O'Mara.
Mae Hemm

Fayetteville, NC

#21577 Dec 16, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
I concur. The State will have a difficult time explaining this issue to the jury. It is ripe for impeachment.
Lots of folks gettin' f'ed in the azz, for sure. Bring your own lubricant.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21578 Dec 16, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime there is a high profile controversy, law enforcement cannibalizes itself. I was a victim of it during the Rodney King incident and broke a drug dealer's leg with a single blow to his leg while he was resisting arrest. Unfortunately, the King incident occurred shortly thereafter--which I agree was an excessive use of force by LAPD--and use-of-force incidents became populsr headlines for two years afterward.
Today, it's Stand-Your-Ground cases with an undercurrent of racism. The fact remains that if a woman had shot Mr. Martin, or a White male had shot another White male, or if it weere solely Black males involved, this case likely would never have occurred.
Yet I believe the same result would have occurred if a Black male had shot a White male or if a male of any race had shot a female. Racial and gender animosities are still very much in olay in America.
I agree,nice how the tape was edited too. King was his own worst enemy...ends up plunging into a pool and drowns because he was drunk and stoned just like he was that night he became infamous, case closed.

The media can omit or add a word or two in a report and change the whole meaning...sometimes criminal the power they have.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#21579 Dec 16, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime there is a high profile controversy, law enforcement cannibalizes itself. I was a victim of it during the Rodney King incident and broke a drug dealer's leg with a single blow to his leg while he was resisting arrest. Unfortunately, the King incident occurred shortly thereafter--which I agree was an excessive use of force by LAPD--and use-of-force incidents became populsr headlines for two years afterward.
Today, it's Stand-Your-Ground cases with an undercurrent of racism. The fact remains that if a woman had shot Mr. Martin, or a White male had shot another White male, or if it weere solely Black males involved, this case likely would never have occurred.
Yet I believe the same result would have occurred if a Black male had shot a White male or if a male of any race had shot a female. Racial and gender animosities are still very much in olay in America.
Did you ever hear the outcome, of the other Florida, Stand Your Ground case...where the father and daughter were in the park, where the kids were skateboarding, and the older black man, came out of his house, armed and yelled at the skateboarders, then got into an altercation with the younger dad, leading to the shooting? I never heard the outcome of that case, it was much more deliberate thans this one....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21580 Dec 16, 2012
Sallyomally wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,nice how the tape was edited too. King was his own worst enemy...ends up plunging into a pool and drowns because he was drunk and stoned just like he was that night he became infamous, case closed.
The media can omit or add a word or two in a report and change the whole meaning...sometimes criminal the power they have.
Zimmerman has an excellent false light defamation case against NBC. I believe he also has a cause of action against Mr. Martin's parents, since he was 17 years old, and parents are responsible for the torts if their children. It's indisputable that Martin used deadly force against Zimmerman by smashing his head upon concrete, and aggravated battery is prosecutable civilly and criminally.

Zimmerman, though, has significant comparative negligence due to assumption of risk. It would not be a popular lawsuit, but his damages are obvious. My legal opinion is he did not commit any crime, yet personally, I think he was a fool, and if he had not been armed, he would not have engaged in his risky behavior.

I have held a CCW license since I was a police officer (over 20 years now). If I see a potential situation that might call for a confrontation, then I leave the area. Things can go badly very quickly.
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21581 Dec 16, 2012
DillinghamLawFirm wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman has an excellent false light defamation case against NBC. I believe he also has a cause of action against Mr. Martin's parents, since he was 17 years old, and parents are responsible for the torts if their children. It's indisputable that Martin used deadly force against Zimmerman by smashing his head upon concrete, and aggravated battery is prosecutable civilly and criminally.
Zimmerman, though, has significant comparative negligence due to assumption of risk. It would not be a popular lawsuit, but his damages are obvious. My legal opinion is he did not commit any crime, yet personally, I think he was a fool, and if he had not been armed, he would not have engaged in his risky behavior.
I have held a CCW license since I was a police officer (over 20 years now). If I see a potential situation that might call for a confrontation, then I leave the area. Things can go badly very quickly.
He was doing just that, leaving the area when he was assaulted. Can you imagine if there were a law against being foolish. George was assisting the dispatcher as to what direction Martin went so LE could find Martin when they got there , dispatcher told George they are on their way.

George fired as a last resort before he may have lost consciousness, then what? He was screaming for help and Martin wouldn't let him up. Why would any vigilante stalkers,ready to kill call LE and stay on the phone with them knowing they are going to be there any second , that's absolutely absurd.

I wonder, would Martin have been so testerone induced gansta wannabe apt to confront George had he known George had a concealed weapon. If so I am sure he would have planted himself at Brandy's TH and stayed. DEEDEE said Trayvon was at his father's house....he attacked George 70 yards from there at the T, he would have had to leave Brandi's .
Sallyomally

Sanford, FL

#21582 Dec 16, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever hear the outcome, of the other Florida, Stand Your Ground case...where the father and daughter were in the park, where the kids were skateboarding, and the older black man, came out of his house, armed and yelled at the skateboarders, then got into an altercation with the younger dad, leading to the shooting? I never heard the outcome of that case, it was much more deliberate thans this one....
This is all I could find.
----------
[Last modified: Nov 16, 2012 04:58 PM]

"The court finds that Mr. James was justified in grabbing (Dooley) because defendant had reached for and pulled out a gun to confront Mr. James," Moody wrote.

Her ruling means that Dooley will stand trial for manslaughter, unless her order is overturned on appeal. He is still entitled to present a "stand your ground" argument, or any other self-defense argument, to a jury. No trial date has been set. A status hearing will be held Thursday.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,224,650
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 11 min Murphey_Law 496,939
last post wins! (Jul '11) 23 min Miles 5,646
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Murph 71,752
News Orlando International gets second flight to Cuba 4 hr The Magnificent L... 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr LizW 18,124
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr jimi-yank 53,065
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]