Woman shoots self at busy east Orange...

Woman shoots self at busy east Orange gun range

There are 152 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 13, 2009, titled Woman shoots self at busy east Orange gun range. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Another woman shot herself at a Central Florida gun range Saturday in a suicide attempt, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Wtf

Melbourne Beach, FL

#2 Jun 13, 2009
Retort Report wrote:
First!
seriously?
UpL8

Palm Bay, FL

#3 Jun 13, 2009
Pretty decent what the manager of the gun range said. Perhaps this woman will survive and somehow she can get help. Sad way to leave this place. It's not so bad here...it's what you make of it. I'm glad she kept it to herself and didn't harm anyone else.

Since: Nov 08

West Tehama County, CA

#4 Jun 13, 2009
UpL8 wrote:
Pretty decent what the manager of the gun range said. Perhaps this woman will survive and somehow she can get help. Sad way to leave this place. It's not so bad here...it's what you make of it. I'm glad she kept it to herself and didn't harm anyone else.
Right on! I hope she does get some help. It really isn't a bad being on planet earth.
Selfish

Hong Kong

#5 Jun 13, 2009
I wish that no one would commit suicide and they could get the help they needed. But, I think it's so very selfish to do so or try to do so in a place where there are so many others. What they must deal with and struggle with could have been avoided. Bringing others into your act is even more selfish than taking your own life.

“ JUSTICE CON'T”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#6 Jun 14, 2009
Wow that's to bad.
rick

Tampa, FL

#8 Jun 14, 2009
Guns do KILL! BETTER GUN CONTROL AND ACCESS!
Rev Regunthal Thigmetius

Orlando, FL

#9 Jun 14, 2009
It's a terrible thing when someone is so sad, and sick, that the only way they feel they can get out of what they're going through is suicide. I lost a close friend to suicide a little over 2 months ago now, I still wake up wondering why... I wish people would take into account what their actions do to others, because it really hurts...
Num 10

Winter Park, FL

#12 Jun 14, 2009
Congratulations First!!!
Capt Ben

Destin, FL

#14 Jun 14, 2009
Every life is precious to God and some folks just don't realize it. While in the womb He came and gave us our gifts, talents and abilities [that no one can take away from us] plus our own set of fingerprints to prove He was there. If we didn't get them then, when did we receive them? We need to watch for folks who are depressed and tell them He loves them. None of us are an "accident" even though most of us arrived unplanned. How I wish I could have spoken to her first. I pray her family and friends will be comforted in this dreadful time. Look up folks, Jesus is coming soon! He proved His love.
Littletommy

Orlando, FL

#15 Jun 14, 2009
rick wrote:
Gun control means being able to hit your target.
Dale

Lebanon, MO

#17 Jun 14, 2009
Capt Ben wrote:
Every life is precious to God and some folks just don't realize it. While in the womb He came and gave us our gifts, talents and abilities [that no one can take away from us] plus our own set of fingerprints to prove He was there. If we didn't get them then, when did we receive them? We need to watch for folks who are depressed and tell them He loves them. None of us are an "accident" even though most of us arrived unplanned. How I wish I could have spoken to her first. I pray her family and friends will be comforted in this dreadful time. Look up folks, Jesus is coming soon! He proved His love.
Please stop. You're depressing me.

“FL for Harley FL not Floriduh”

Since: Jul 08

Lake Mary

#18 Jun 14, 2009
Maybe they should start offering mirror targets at the gun range, that way you could experience shooting yourself in the head without the mess.
Capt Ben

Destin, FL

#19 Jun 14, 2009
Dale in Buffalo MO. Go to the Calvary Church there in Buffalo. Pastor Earls, whom I've met, can help you. God bless you.
Ray

Orlando, FL

#20 Jun 14, 2009
"The woman rented a handgun and filled out paperwork indicating she had no mental-health problems, wasn't on drugs and had no other conditions or situations to preclude her from shooting safely..."

Like someones gonna fill out the paperwork saying: "I'm a mental case, I'm taking drugs and I'm only renting this gun to kill myself." Maybe gun ranges should give out rubber bullets or pellet guns; something that won't kill.
Ya' think?
Ban Cell Phones

Bedford, NH

#21 Jun 14, 2009
Perhaps this was NOT a suicide attempt. Maybe she was talking on her cell phone snd simply not paying attention to the gun she was waving around in her other hand. After all, women do essentially the same thing millions of times every day while operating a motor vehicle.
Harley

Orlando, FL

#23 Jun 14, 2009
fltom wrote:
Maybe they should start offering mirror targets at the gun range, that way you could experience shooting yourself in the head without the mess.
Excellent idea. That combined with Ex Wife targets would make these shop owners rich! without the messy clean up.
Guns do not kill

Ocala, FL

#24 Jun 14, 2009
That gun could have sat there all day and not killed anyone! As soon as she decided to kill, the gun killed (almost). I hope she gets the mental help she needs.
Yeah right

Hendersonville, NC

#25 Jun 14, 2009
rick wrote:
Or maybe BETTER MENTAL HEALTH CARE AND ACCESS! There's still such a stigma in this country against peope who seek mental health care some peole would rather kill themselves than get help. You can see it here with the people caling this lady selfish for trying to take her life.
Grandma Fudd

Oviedo, FL

#26 Jun 14, 2009
Sorry, even though I'm for preservation of the right to own guns and to defend ones self and their property I'm seeing allowing guns to be "rented' at these places is simply enabling these mental basket cases to get their hands on the means to do themselves and others in on the cheap. I'm against new laws but a law prohibiting gun rental seems to be needed and quite likely would pass easily if proposed. It bypasses too many safeguards and lets people act on the spur of the moment who otherwise would have to go to a little more trouble to get their hands on a gun.
We also need to work on getting medical information into the background system so anyone with known mental problems at least has their SSN's and DLN's in the system that will put up a red flag without necessarily identifying them by name to anyone but a LEO. This preserves privacy while giving people checking the perfect legal right to refuse to sell or rent or loan a weapon to these people who have mental problems. I'm not saying it would work for every case. but any case it did work for it would at least maybe prevent one tragedy from happening and / or one business owner from being embarrassed and involved by their actions.
Get A Clue

Wilmington, DE

#27 Jun 14, 2009
"It's a horrible, tragic event," Ritz said."
No, it isn't. It's a shame she missed. Think of all the bills taxpayers have now. Let alone the mess she left behind...and now has to deal with.
They should rent guns and rooms to people who are tired of it all and save everyone the anguish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,549,955
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Murphey_Law 513,197
News Trial Begins For Ex-Army Recruiter Accused Of M... (Aug '11) 12 hr Media dont tell t... 16
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,423
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) Mon dontbuyGE 24
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
Private Jet Charters - Private Yacht Charters -... Jun 25 Inspirationalmill... 1

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages