Suicide note: God made me shoot my son

Suicide note: God made me shoot my son

There are 33 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 7, 2009, titled Suicide note: God made me shoot my son. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Newly released notes and audio recordings left behind by a woman who shot her son and then took her own life leave little doubt that she planned the attack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
meatwad

Utica, NY

#1 Apr 8, 2009
I knew it.
Just Candid

Nashville, TN

#2 Apr 8, 2009
Sad, another lost soul who blames GOD for everything going wrong.
It Was Rotting Pizza

Fort Myers, FL

#3 Apr 8, 2009
Crazy psycho.
Steve

New York, NY

#4 Apr 8, 2009
Wow. That lady needed serious help.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#5 Apr 8, 2009
Wonder if she's standing before God now, trying to explain why she put the blame on Him?

“Read and be informed”

Since: Jan 07

Miami, Florida

#6 Apr 8, 2009
What a nut!

Since: Oct 08

Orlando

#7 Apr 8, 2009
Why do schizophrenics always hear God or the Devil talking to them or believe the FBI & CIA is out to get them? What archetype is this, what does it mean? Is it a societal thing?
FreeSpeechUSA

Baton Rouge, LA

#8 Apr 9, 2009
Obviously mad as a hatter. Too bad her son had to pay for her utter and complete insanity.
Minuteman

Windsor, Canada

#9 Apr 9, 2009
Another example that the HIPPA law doesn't work.
Wonder if the healthcare industry could have notified local authorities of the danger. Whether or not both the lady and her son would still be alive.
Congress isn't it time to change this law?
Allow mental and healthcare providers the freedom to notify authorities of mentally dangerous people.
It would be another way to decrease deaths by guns.
Steve

Sanford, ME

#10 Apr 9, 2009
God tells people to murder? I thought God only told Muslims to murder. Sorry, that's not God talking.
Read The Bible

United States

#11 Apr 9, 2009
God told lots of people to murder you imbeciles. Read your bible before you open your mouths.
It is true

United States

#12 Apr 9, 2009
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel.(Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.(Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.(Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.(Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.(Exodus 22:19 NAB)
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.(Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.(Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.(Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)
Beani

New York, NY

#13 Apr 9, 2009
I can't understand how a mother could kill her own child. So sad, what a nut case and a poor young men is gone for ever because of his mother...I'm at a total loss.
lator gator

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Apr 9, 2009
Beani wrote:
I can't understand how a mother could kill her own child. So sad, what a nut case and a poor young men is gone for ever because of his mother...I'm at a total loss.
She had serious mental issues and unfortunately her son had to pay for it too.
Mike

United States

#15 Apr 9, 2009
Her son had no idea that his mother planned the whole day out up until she killed him. It was a set up planned perfect. What a shame.
Robert

Oswego, IL

#16 Apr 9, 2009
This completely took my breath away. I simply could not imagine even fathoming doing this to my son. :(
MispercievedTrut hs

Oceanside, NY

#17 Apr 10, 2009
Yet, no one says christian terrorists. After all of the shooting sprees in America (your own land) caused by the Christian Americans themselves.

Correction Mr. and Ms. ego (satan), monotheism is totally blameless for any of its faulty members, and has so many rebels because of materialism.

Without ego and prejudice, Islamic monotheism is truer by main objective ground of truth than Jewish and especially than Christian monotheism is, despite all its faulty members.
AAA

Nashville, TN

#18 Apr 10, 2009
A little light reading, cut
Submitted by darc on Thu, 2009-04-09 15:29.
A little light reading,
cut to the bone

It seems weird that the mentall ill with guns is the only issue. Picture that horrible scene being played out with a father shooting his daughter. For some reason different emotions are brought out in society when an innocent female is brutally murdered. The gun control issue would be a MUCH smaller topic in the media, and they would call for man-control legislation. Why aren't there any statistics to trend violence against men being blurted on every news show. Why isn't there a special news segment that probes a possible history of abuse that she might have subjected her family to. It's a real pisser (as it is with the gun control issue) to see how strong the stereotypes are effecting society. This mentality isn't just a small laughable society quirk. This video, and the skewed reaction to it, are simple indicators of the reasons that abusive wives are allowed, in the courts today, to mutilate and murder there husbands, as long as she's angry enough at him, or it's during "that time of the month". All while the whole country laughs and applauds. "hell hath no fury..."

Login or register to post comments
The Andrea Yates Pass
Submitted by Luek on Thu, 2009-04-09 17:36.
The sad fact is if she had survived she would more than likely be found TEMPORARILY insane and not be charged with murder. As a matter of fact she would not even be considered a felon and would probably be placed on an out patient basis after a year or maybe 2 at the most in a psych ward.
http://news.mensactivism.org/node/12205#comme...

“Constitutionist/ SAF”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#19 Apr 10, 2009
I'm a dad. This tragedy hits us so hard we want to prevent the next one; we would do almost anything to prevent anymore like it. That's a good thing too; in that regard we are good. Because of all the bad things we do, there's not much about 'us' that's worth celebrating.

Without 'bad' there would be no 'good'.
Without sadness there would be no happiness. Without loss there would be no victory.
Without death there would be no birth.
Without poverty there would not be wealth.
Unfortunately, without tragedy there would not be good fortune, celebration, success or any other thing that would be considered good.

We can't prevent all the bad things, if we could there would not be anything good. We can't control the bad anymore than we could make everything to be good all the time. But if you are able to feel sadness over this tragedy, then that is the only thing good about it.

Someday in the far distant future there will be a pill that cures mental illness.
NikNak

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Apr 10, 2009
Then the family should sue GOD & not the gun range., this woman was a wack-job!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min American Independent 1,685,771
News Police plan to ramp up security at Jackson Brow... 11 hr Dean 2
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 hr ANGHARAD 515,003
Tell Marla to Read This - Important! 15 hr MJMON62 3
last post wins! (Jul '11) 18 hr Princess Hey 6,073
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) Mon Princess Hey 23,138
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) Mon Princess Hey 13,087

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages