Gun-range shootings raise fear of cop...

Gun-range shootings raise fear of copycats

There are 33 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 28, 2009, titled Gun-range shootings raise fear of copycats. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A man who committed suicide at a gun range Monday visited the business earlier in the day but left without renting a gun, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
vote 3rd party

Keystone Heights, FL

#23 Apr 29, 2009
g. washington says you can tell how free a nation is by its gun laws. slaves dont own guns. smaller gov. more accountability to the people. how can we vote these crooks into office. shame on us. lets bail out corp.ceo,s. and close schools all around the country. does that make sence. change ya. more of the same g.bush doubled the fed def. in 2 wars and hurr. katrina and 8 yrs. b. obama has doubled that in 6 months. wake up we are losing our fake freedom. fair tax
The Lorax

Kissimmee, FL

#24 Apr 29, 2009
Ok, here's the deal...

I say we advertise a suicide special.

Anyone who feels like life's just gotten way beyond what they feel they can deal with can go to any gun range, fill out a special packet that includes form letters for anyone who the soon-to-be-deceased wants to leave them, a will, and a statement that they are voluntarily doing this (to be notarized by a store employee).
They'll be able to rent the gun for a one time fee of $25, and it comes with one magazine of the highest quality ammunition, a pamphlet of instructions for the best shot placement, and a clean sheet to fall on.

Run this advertisement in all newspapers and free publications.

Maybe we can get some of the lunatics off the streets before they do anything more unpredictable that takes so many innocent victims with them.
Jehovah

Sunnyvale, CA

#25 Apr 29, 2009
Clutch The Pearls Mary wrote:
Copycats??????
We can only hope Cindy, George ,Casey, Jose Bozo, et.al...... will be going to Casselberry for a day of family fun. Save us all further national embarassment & taxpayer dollar$$$$$$.
I like the way you think.. Come on Ants go for a family day!
Volusia Co SD Supporter

Kansas City, MO

#26 Apr 29, 2009
Lazar Bel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right on the money. Back when Florida eased restriction on concealment permits, this bully I knew actually said, "It's getting to the point where you have to be careful what you say even to wimps. They all have guns." Well, sign me up.
I think every law abiding citizen should carry a concealed firearm. Firearm training, safety and shooting, should be taught in schools. We have to stop raising generations of effete intellectuals as we legislate even more lax laws which allow their counterpart, savage barbarians, to run rampant in our cities' streets. We need to harden ourselves to the realities of the world. We have absolutely lost control - surrendered - vast areas to thugs and criminals and we need to take it back. An armed robber at a Seven Eleven with twenty rounds in his torso is the very best deterrent, and the only one these bastards really respect. Jail certainly ain't getting it done.
Amen to that. No one is scared of jail anymore. For most of these miscreants it is a step up from their current living conditions anyhow. We need to bring back chain gangs, as work is something that does scare a lot of these POS criminals.
Mike Oxlong

Orlando, FL

#27 Apr 29, 2009
I've got it!!!!!!! I can't believe no one else thought of this; lets ban SUICIDE, duh, I mean come on, make it illegal to kill yourself and OBVIOUSLY no one else will do it, man that was easy.

Oh, wait, uh, uh, never mind.
The Insider

Deland, FL

#28 Apr 29, 2009
Mike Oxlong wrote:
I've got it!!!!!!! I can't believe no one else thought of this; lets ban SUICIDE, duh, I mean come on, make it illegal to kill yourself and OBVIOUSLY no one else will do it, man that was easy.
Oh, wait, uh, uh, never mind.
The joke here is... suicide is the only crime that you can only be arrested for attempting, not completing.
Mike Oxlong

Orlando, FL

#29 Apr 29, 2009
The Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
The joke here is... suicide is the only crime that you can only be arrested for attempting, not completing.
Oh the irony!!!

The other joke, the really sad one, is that so many people think that the government can legislate the safety of the citizens. I've got news for you people, they can't, hopefully most people will never have to deal with a situation where you or a loved one's life is on the line from a thug, but it happens to someone almost every day, and you are the only one who is going to have ANY chance of saving yourself or your loved one and if you aren't armed you are most likely going to lose.
Jesse

Key West, FL

#30 Apr 29, 2009
How ironic is it going to be when gun dealers, shops, ranges start fearing for their own lives like the rest of America has been? Nice job Washington and gun lobby groups, you have helped armed the mentally ill of America.
Mike Oxlong

Orlando, FL

#31 Apr 30, 2009
Jesse wrote:
How ironic is it going to be when gun dealers, shops, ranges start fearing for their own lives like the rest of America has been? Nice job Washington and gun lobby groups, you have helped armed the mentally ill of America.
Again, you fall for the foolish belief that our government can legislate your safety, they can't. As I pointed out earlier, it's already ILLEGAL to rape, murder, rob, stab, beat, abuse, torture or in any other way harm someone who is not doing anything to you, yet those things happen daily.

What would you do if someone who had say 100 lbs. on you decided that they wanted to take what was yours, and beat you silly in the process, perhaps they decided, while you were sitting at a red light in your car, with maybe a young child in the back seat, that they wanted your car and just threw you out on the street, what would you do about that?

Maybe the people who are smart enough to arm themselves ARE in fear of something like this happening but are smart enough to know that the government can't do a thing about it.

As soon as EVERY citizen is assigned their own security staff then we can talk about not needing guns.
Mike Oxlong

Orlando, FL

#32 Apr 30, 2009
Jesse wrote:
I think your real argument would be with those that lobby to keep mental illness from showing up on background checks, there are a lot more things that should be kept from mentally incompetent people than guns.
Uh huh

Denver, CO

#33 May 1, 2009
Jesse wrote:
Don't feed the troll...
cousin of the departed

Boonton, NJ

#34 May 24, 2009
my cousin was a great person he would give the shirt off his back for anyone in need of it he went though a tough battle with his illness

but it is no ones fault this happened not the gun makers,not the ones who made the ammo, not the owners of the gun range and not his mother or father's fault he decided that he could not live with his pain anymore and i would appreciate if everyone on here could stop saying neg stuff about him because none of you knew him are the pain of his illness brought on him

thank you

R.I.P Jason Kevin McCarthy you will be missed love you

Since: Jan 09

Tel Aviv-Yafo

#35 May 25, 2009
cousin of the departed wrote:
my cousin was a great person he would give the shirt off his back for anyone in need of it he went though a tough battle with his illness
but it is no ones fault this happened not the gun makers,not the ones who made the ammo, not the owners of the gun range and not his mother or father's fault he decided that he could not live with his pain anymore and i would appreciate if everyone on here could stop saying neg stuff about him because none of you knew him are the pain of his illness brought on him
thank you
R.I.P Jason Kevin McCarthy you will be missed love you
What was his illness?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min mdbuilder 1,580,773
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr T-REX 513,422
News Let's Talk About Something Other Than Casey Ant... (Jul '11) 7 hr Tex- 42
Best Roadside Service Unlimited Roadside Assist... 11 hr Tim Cambell 1
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,475
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Thu Beams 63,943
News Oviedo OKs red light cameras (Feb '10) Jul '17 bill003 9

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages