Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66327 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57875 Apr 30, 2013
chris532008 wrote:
<quoted text>if you could obtain a legitimate doctorate, then you would be closely capable of an intelligent conversation, till then just listen
HUH?

Did you think this a witty response?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#57876 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are pretending I didn't prove you are a liar about the police dispatcher and a lot of your other lies. You just close your eyes and move on, pretending you know what you're talking about.
You've been wrong about everything you've said about this case.
BS. You better start cleaning it up, it's getting deep.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57877 Apr 30, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh where to start. Zimmerman was not a security guard. He was a self appointed NW Captain. He did not identify himself to the unarmed boy he shot and killed.
Unless you have a prior dislike or hatred for Obama, him saying if he had a son he would look like Trayvon wouldn't mean anything to you except a father sympathizing with parents of a dead child.
Most of us with children felt broken hearted that a child was dead. Needlessly dead. Color didn't matter, he was a child shot to death before he had a chance to live his life.
The "black kid" was only defending himself from a strange man he did not know, who didn't identify himself and from whom he had already ran away.
How would you feel if it were your unarmed child who was walking where he had every right to walk, not breaking any laws, minding his own business and and was shot dead?


Too bad he wasn't minding his own business. Martin had ample time to go home but chose not to. Apparently he doubled back to confront Zimmerman and physically attack him. That decision cost him his life.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57878 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmermen called the non emergency police number and was speaking to a law enforcement representative. Playing a word game over whether that representative was a "Police Officer" is irrelevant. I knew Zinnerman's story stunk the first time I heard it. He claimed Martin was hiding jumped him. I have been to that community many times and there is no place to hide behind those town houses.


A police dispatcher is not a law enforcement officer and can merely give advice.

"David makes much of the fact that Zimmerman may have continued to follow Martin despite a dispatcher’s admonition to the contrary. But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice. If Martin had disregarded the direction of a police officer on the scene, that might be different. But no one is required to act on a dispatcher’s direction, even if it would be prudent to do so. Bad judgment is not a crime.....

If I were a cynic, I’d say that an ambitious special prosecutor — exploiting the rabble-rousing of the U.S. attorney general and the racial grievance industry — filed an exceedingly serious charge for which she lacks evidence, second degree murder, in order to bask in the mob’s adulation while pressuring Zimmerman to plead guilty to a lesser charge, manslaughter, on which the special prosecutor runs a high risk of losing if Zimmerman forces a trial. So I’m sure glad I’m not a cynic."

Andrew C. McCarthy III ,
former Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York. He is most notable for leading the 1995 terrorism prosecution against Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman and eleven others. The defendants were convicted of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and planning a series of attacks against New York City landmarks.

In case you missed it-

"But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice."
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57879 Apr 30, 2013
swampmudd wrote:
The fact is Zimmerman first chased Martin, then lost him, then spotted him again and approached him. Only at that point did Martin decide to "stand his ground" and attempt to defend himself. The right to "stand your ground" goes to the person being chased, not the person that is chasing. A person's successful defense of himself can not considered a threat to the attacker.
From the call released by the Sanford Police:

At 2:07 seconds, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher,“He’s running.”

At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.

At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.

At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.

At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds,“Yeah.”

At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”

Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says,“He ran.”

Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.

The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.

There’s another reason to believe that Zimmerman stopped following Martin: After he gives the dispatcher his personal address, at 3:35, he says,“Oh crap, I don’t want to give that all out. I don’t know where this kid is,” meaning he is worried Martin might hear where he lives. If Zimmerman doesn’t even know where Martin is, would it even be possible for him to still be following Martin at this point? Would it even be possible for him to have continued following Martin after hanging up the phone — a full two minutes after he first got out of his car and a minute and a half after he fully stops breathing heavily — unless Martin came back and revealed himself?

It was a mistake for Zimmerman to leave his car in the first place. But while the audio may not decisively prove that Zimmerman stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked him to, it is very strong evidence that he did, especially when coupled with his testimony to police the night of the incident. But that isn’t even the point.

The point is this: With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?

That it did is a testament to Al Sharpton’s ability to manipulate the media — and the media’s willingness to be manipulated.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/911-call-sh ...
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#57880 Apr 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the call released by the Sanford Police:
At 2:07 seconds, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher,“He’s running.”
At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.
At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.
At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.
At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds,“Yeah.”
At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”
Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says,“He ran.”
Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.
The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.
There’s another reason to believe that Zimmerman stopped following Martin: After he gives the dispatcher his personal address, at 3:35, he says,“Oh crap, I don’t want to give that all out. I don’t know where this kid is,” meaning he is worried Martin might hear where he lives. If Zimmerman doesn’t even know where Martin is, would it even be possible for him to still be following Martin at this point? Would it even be possible for him to have continued following Martin after hanging up the phone — a full two minutes after he first got out of his car and a minute and a half after he fully stops breathing heavily — unless Martin came back and revealed himself?
It was a mistake for Zimmerman to leave his car in the first place. But while the audio may not decisively prove that Zimmerman stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked him to, it is very strong evidence that he did, especially when coupled with his testimony to police the night of the incident. But that isn’t even the point.
The point is this: With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?
That it did is a testament to Al Sharpton’s ability to manipulate the media — and the media’s willingness to be manipulated.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/911-call-sh ...
You are correct but it won't make a difference. Zimmerman is getting railroaded by the politics of the day. It was very clear the judge was not going to give his attorneys enough time to prepare and the judge would close any opportunity for him to incorporate syg into the trial. I don't understand the law well enough but why would his attorneys not establish a sound plan before they take away Zimmerman's rights? His attorneys did not prepare for this response and now they have set Zimmerman up for the fall. I've said all along that he should get other counsel. I think the judge is biased and doing everything possible to convict Zimmerman. He won't get off. This should be a wake up call to all those who believe in our rights to protect ourselves. If you shoot a black man and the relatives have connections with the race baiters, you are in serious trouble. You will be found guilty regardless of the truth.

Look at the weight this guy has put on. Clearly, he has been screwed by the system while the 'parents' will get millions and for what? For not supervising their own kid.
I will refresh mem

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57881 Apr 30, 2013
Boca, i agree with the breakdown of events. However i don't think it would be in the best interest of George to say at any point that he was "following" trayvon. The best defense would be to state that the wind was blowing and that's what we can hear through the phone while George attempts to get a definitive location for the dispatcher to pass on to officers in route.
I will refresh mem

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57882 Apr 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
From the call released by the Sanford Police:
At 2:07 seconds, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher,“He’s running.”
At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.
At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.
At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.
At 2:22, without any prompting other than the aforementioned noises and breathing, the dispatcher asks “Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds,“Yeah.”
At 2:26, the dispatcher says,“Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds,“Okay.”
Zimmerman proceeds to give the dispatcher his name. Then he says,“He ran.”
Zimmerman can still be heard breathing into the phone until about 2:39, at which point the heavy breathing stops entirely, a mere 13 seconds after the dispatcher asked him to stop following. A very calm and collected Zimmerman then proceeds to give the dispatcher his own information, directions and a description of his location for another 1 minute and 33 seconds.
The difference between someone running while on the phone and not running can be heard quite clearly, and I encourage readers to listen for themselves.
There’s another reason to believe that Zimmerman stopped following Martin: After he gives the dispatcher his personal address, at 3:35, he says,“Oh crap, I don’t want to give that all out. I don’t know where this kid is,” meaning he is worried Martin might hear where he lives. If Zimmerman doesn’t even know where Martin is, would it even be possible for him to still be following Martin at this point? Would it even be possible for him to have continued following Martin after hanging up the phone — a full two minutes after he first got out of his car and a minute and a half after he fully stops breathing heavily — unless Martin came back and revealed himself?
It was a mistake for Zimmerman to leave his car in the first place. But while the audio may not decisively prove that Zimmerman stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked him to, it is very strong evidence that he did, especially when coupled with his testimony to police the night of the incident. But that isn’t even the point.
The point is this: With no witnesses stating that Zimmerman defied the dispatcher’s wishes and continued following Martin and no evidence to suggest he did, how did the idea that he pursued Martin after the dispatcher told him not to become a universally recognized, undisputed fact?
That it did is a testament to Al Sharpton’s ability to manipulate the media — and the media’s willingness to be manipulated.
http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/02/911-call-sh ...
Great post
I will refresh mem

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57883 Apr 30, 2013
You know,, the more i think about it , the more i say to myself what is the problem with following someone who you believe to be suspicious. The main argument i would say is did George confront trayvon. I don't see any witnesses to prove that,except number 8 and she has zero credibility.
I will refresh mem

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#57884 Apr 30, 2013
"But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice."

NICE!!!!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57885 Apr 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad he wasn't minding his own business. Martin had ample time to go home but chose not to.
What was he doing out on the sidewalk ANYWAY?!!!

Didn't he know the sidewalk was for WHITE PEOPLES only?

Still legal for black people, Dongliquer, even in Florida.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57886 Apr 30, 2013
thebuzz wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct but it won't make a difference. Zimmerman is getting railroaded by the politics of the day.
The only thing the state of Florida has is evidence.

What do they need what they already know, anyway? The pedophile was white and that kid minding his own business on the sidewalk was black.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57887 Apr 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
From the call released by the Sanford Police:
At 2:07 seconds, Zimmerman tells the dispatcher,“He’s running.”
At 2:09, you can hear a car door open and an alarm begins that is undoubtedly the “door open, keys in ignition” warning on Zimmerman’s truck.
At 2:13, you can clearly hear the car door slamming shut, and the alarm stops.
At 2:17, Zimmerman’s voice wobbles and he starts breathing heavily into the phone, indicating that he has started running.
I guess that blows Pinocchio's lie that the pedophile only followed Martin for ten seconds.

Since you are the expert on blowing- maybe you can point this out to him.
thebuzz

Carmel, IN

#57888 Apr 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the state of Florida has is evidence.
What do they need what they already know, anyway? The pedophile was white and that kid minding his own business on the sidewalk was black.
Sounds like you are entirely too focused on boinking children. Take your gay trash somewhere else. It's so disgusting.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57889 Apr 30, 2013
I will refresh mem wrote:
Boca, i agree with the breakdown of events. However i don't think it would be in the best interest of George to say at any point that he was "following" trayvon. The best defense would be to state that the wind was blowing and that's what we can hear through the phone while George attempts to get a definitive location for the dispatcher to pass on to officers in route.
There is no law against trying to follow a person who appears suspicious to you. Logic says after calling police you would want to try to show them where that suspicious person is .
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57890 Apr 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that blows Pinocchio's lie that the pedophile only followed Martin for ten seconds.
Since you are the expert on blowing- maybe you can point this out to him.


Have you had your gay fetish all your life or only since your HS football team won you in a raffle?

"From the time Martin is aware Zimmerman is watching him until the time the fight starts, he has over 5 minutes to go less than 1000 feet if he wants to evade the stalker."

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/04/z...

Martin had so much time he could have rolled home.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57891 Apr 30, 2013
I will refresh mem wrote:
"But a citizen engaged in innocent behavior (including investigating a potential crime) is not required to heed a dispatcher’s advice."
NICE!!!!
Putting aside there was no crime at any time starting from the time the pedophile spotted the black kid cutting through his neighborhood: he wasn't charged with disregarding the orders of the police dispatcher.

He is charged with the unlawful killing that occured when the pedophile took it upon himself to pretend to be the police officer he wasn't.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57892 Apr 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the state of Florida has is evidence.
What do they need what they already know, anyway? The pedophile was white and that kid minding his own business on the sidewalk was black.
You forgot to mention that Zimmerman is a registered Democrat which is worse than your other claims.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#57893 Apr 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the state of Florida has is evidence.
What do they need what they already know, anyway? The pedophile was white and that kid minding his own business on the sidewalk was black.
That is unusual. According to the DOJ about 93% of black homicides are committed by blacks.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#57894 Apr 30, 2013
downhill246 wrote:
Logic says after calling police you would want to try to show them where that suspicious person is .
Logic is: you go right where the police dispatcher tells you to go.

And wait for three minutes.

Like the Pedophile was told to do.

You don't take it upon yourself to pretend to be a cop and confront someone who apparently had every right to be right where he was out.

Especially when you went to school to be a cop and flunked out of school because you didn't have what it took... e.g., the ability to follow instructions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 min Vic 97,266
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 min HELL ON EARTH 498,222
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 35 min John Galt 1,234,295
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr The Jeej 18,153
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,542
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 27,270
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,142
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]