Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks ...

Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media

There are 66323 comments on the Wall Street Journal story from Mar 22, 2012, titled Trayvon Martin Shooting Death Sparks Outrage on Social Media. In it, Wall Street Journal reports that:

Social media has put the spotlight on the story Trayvon Martin , an unarmed African-American teenager who was shot to death last month by a neighborhood watch captain in Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wall Street Journal.

devilkeeper

Voorhees, NJ

#52674 Feb 27, 2013
it's actually a black on black crime..
devilkeeper

Voorhees, NJ

#52675 Feb 27, 2013
no pure whites were involved..

Since: Apr 12

Truth's Door

#52676 Feb 27, 2013
devilkeeper wrote:
Hey Demon (I like tormenting demons with their own pitchfork. HA!), what is a "pure white"?

And how would you know since you're red with hatred?

Tell Hitler, Nero, Khomeini, Pol Pot, Attila the Hun, Hirohito, Kim Jung-Il and Stalin that I said to keep on buuuurrrrrrrnnnnnnning and burn brightly!

Oh devilkeeper, oh devilkeeper...

Be careful of the company you keep. He that you keep will soon burn you too!

HA! HA! HA!

“as you would have others...”

Since: Mar 09

United States

#52677 Feb 27, 2013
Be Truthful Be Free wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, bringing up race is the one nugget you guys just cannot resist. It says plenty about you.
It is YOU who must be full of yourself. It is YOU who has the bad rap.
This case is important for many, many reasons. Many of which you shall never understand.
It cries for Justice.
If not for people like Trayvon's parents, people like those who petitioned, people like those who marched, people just like Zazz and others...
This case NEVER would have seen the light of day.
This case is important because it shone the bright lights of TRUTH upon a small town, southern, immoral, good-ole-boys police force who did their damnedest to sweep this case under the rug.
This case is important because a menace to society is still roaming amongst us.
This case is important because parents and loved ones need to be reassured that when their sons and daughters go to the store, to the park, to the game, to the movies, that they will not be hunted down and murdered and for the law to look the other way.
This case is important because if there is one amongst us whose due process of Justice will be denied, then surely any one of us could be next.
This case is important because it calls into question a politically-driven law, that upon further inspection, is not one that serves ALL of its citizens equally.
This case is important for reasons that transcend Trayvon. It's about a failure of adults, a failure of law enforcement, a failure of society.
This case is important because when someone is killed, law enforcement should summon up all the resources possible to ferret out the Truth and allow Justice to be administered properly. Didn't happen here at all.
This case is important because it teaches us not to be silent; it teaches us that we don't have to be silent. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr exhorts to us that "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
These are but a few of the reasons this case is important. I kept it tame and I kept it brief. If I were going for your emotions, I'd written a lot more and put it in such a way that would have brought a tear to even your hate-filled eyes.
Please don't tempt me.
Yes, this case is important. It's very important!
Excellent. Thank you.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#52680 Feb 28, 2013
Trayvon Martin's parents should have raised him to be something other than a thug.
Cindyfl

Lake Worth, FL

#52685 Feb 28, 2013
As a white female, I have grown more afraid of white men in my area than black thugs. It's clean cut white guys around here who are doing all of savage acts.It was ironic two months ago when I witnessed a "thug" kick a white guys butt for beating for hitting another female; who was white also. My point is for all of you racist on this forum, keep in mind that most savage acts are committed by white males, so get it straight.
Cindyfl

Lake Worth, FL

#52688 Feb 28, 2013
And as for as the Trevon Martin case goes, like me, people should keep their opinions to themselves and the jury to what they seated to do.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52691 Feb 28, 2013
devilkeeper wrote:
Is that what they're tellin' ya at the KKK rally?
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52692 Feb 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Trayvon Martin's parents should have raised him to be something other than a thug.
They did.... but it seems that GI Janie's mommy and daddy didn't. Unless of course, rape, pedophilia, wife beating, drug using is the norm in THEIR family
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52693 Feb 28, 2013
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Location hidden
Please wait... Reply
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Yesterday Judged:
Ascendo Tuum wrote:
<quoted text>
"Zimmerman was charged to keep the black community from rioting after the poverty pimps made an issue out of a self defense shooting. Really, jackazz?? exactly by who?? Neighbourhood watch?? " ROTFALMFAO!!! Apparently they didn't know who he was. Hmmm... and a kid walking down the street with a bag of skittles and a can of pop hardly qualifies as "rioting". don'tcha think?? nahhh.... that's the whole fcuking problem... YOU DON'T THINK.
Again, Trayvon does not qualify as the black community rioting. Travon was a wanna be tough guy who fancied himself as a wanna be gangsta.
ROTFALMFAO!!! so... this was a white on white crime?? Go figure! heh heh heh! what a dumbazz!!
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52694 Feb 28, 2013
Clutch Cargo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get beat often? Stop sucking enword PP's and you'll be OK.
ROTALMFAO!!! Folks, here for your viewing pleasure, is a REAL LIFE example on the effects of generations of inbreeding. Enjoy!
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52695 Feb 28, 2013
Telgin wrote:
<quoted text>If the punk would have some manners he would not have gotten his thug a-ss blown away. He refused to behave at school. He refused to behave at his mother's house and he refused to behave on the streets of a town where he was only a visitor. Zim solved the problem with this drug dealing thief once and for all. Zim for prez.
But GI Jane's manners were perfect! right?? Resisting arrest, domestic violence, rape, pedophilia, lying to the courts, etc. etc. etc.... Unfcuking believable! But I am impressed at how these inbred snot nosed racist POS bigots will call a huge steaming pile of sh!t a rose..... WITH CONVICTION. And oh, by the way... COVICITION (of 2nd degree murder) is exactly what you'll get!
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52696 Feb 28, 2013
Before the 2nd grade spelling bee enthusiasts get vocal here... the 2nd CONVICTION has a typo in it. But.. blast away... cuz that's all ya got!

Truth's Door

#52697 Feb 28, 2013
do unto others wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent. Thank you.
The importance of this case is lost on them.

They only see race and hatred. They see with their naked eyes.

I pray that one day the eyes of their hearts will be opened to the bright rays of TRUTH.

Truth's Door

#52698 Feb 28, 2013
Overseer58 wrote:
Thug Zimmerman's parents should have raised their son to be something other than a woman-beater; something other than a LIAR; something other than a coddled, weapon-carrying Fool; something other than a child killer.

Truth's Door

#52699 Feb 28, 2013
T4YOU 2 wrote:
<quoted text>Zimmerman was not indited he was charged by the prosecutor actually he was overcharged. this carnival should have been over a year ago. You need to ask yourself why this case was not put before a grand jury? Corey overcharged Zimmerman because no grand jury would have indicted him
This case was not put before a grand jury because a charge of first-degree murder was not sought by the Special Prosecutor.

The administration of justice (man's justice) was carried out properly by Special Prosecutor Angela Corey.

You need to ask yourself why the proper administration of justice eluded law enforcement in Sanford.

No worries. You need not answer that question. There's a new chief in town now, an outsider. That's good.

What really needs to happen, though, is the Sanford Police Department needs to get rid of ALL the bad apples. A change at the top is a good start, but the core of the rotten apple remains.

Truth's Door

#52700 Feb 28, 2013
Cindyfl wrote:
As a white female, I have grown more afraid of white men in my area than black thugs. It's clean cut white guys around here who are doing all of savage acts.It was ironic two months ago when I witnessed a "thug" kick a white guys butt for beating for hitting another female; who was white also. My point is for all of you racist on this forum, keep in mind that most savage acts are committed by white males, so get it straight.
History and reality and TRUTH eludes them.
Ascendo Tuum

Hamilton, Canada

#52701 Feb 28, 2013
devilkeeper wrote:
Hate to break it to you dumbazz.... but Latinos ARE Caucasian. Man.... that's gotta hurt, eh dumbazz?? CUZ NOW YOU GOT TO LET THEM INTO YOUR KKK MEETINGS!!! ROTFALMFAO!!!

Truth's Door

#52703 Feb 28, 2013
devilkeeper wrote:
I'll ask you, since you're his keeper...

Is the Devil "pure white" too?

If he is, then he must be on the inside, right?

HA! HA! HA!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#52707 Feb 28, 2013
Trayvon Martin's parents are responsible for his death. They should have been parents. They should have intervened when he kept getting arrested and messing with drugs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 501,315
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 54,328
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Yeah 1,261,558
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr Marley 72,413
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 7 hr zazz 97,442
Does the Civil Disobedience Involve Robbing Sto... 9 hr Culture Auditor 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 11 hr Rex Spector 18,317
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages