Why is Florida not standing up to the Feds?
Posted in the Casselberry Forum
#1 Jul 6, 2009
I do not understand why our State government representatives do not stand up for State rights? You hear more and more on how intrusive the Federal government is becoming in our everyday lives and the State does nothing to stand up against them. Do we not have a decent politician that will take the flag step up to the front and say, "That's enough!"
Ok Chris Dorworth, lets see if you have what it takes to actually represent the people. What is your first priority in Tallahassee? I can put money down that you can not answer that question correctly.
Lets take a look at how intrusive the Feds have become.
1. Using our tax dollars for special projects all over the nation.
2. Creating an amount of debt that our children and grand children can not get out from under.
3. The Feds putting a amendment in the Cap and Trade bill to require all households to have a government thermostat in your house in which they can monitor on your alloted amount of power usage.
4. In the Stimulus package, forcing the State of Florida to maintain unwanted social programs after the Federal money runs out.
5. In the Cap and Trade bill, having an enviromentalist inspect your house inorder to see if it is enviromentally sound to be sold. If not, then the government will not allow you to sell your house.
6. They are asking for us to give them even more power over the healthcare system when the government already controls 60% of the healthcare already through issuing licenses, permits, and access for medical procedures.
There is a way out of this mess and to claim our soveriegnity from the Federal government. You listening Chris?
1. Evoke the 10th amendment States rights
2. Pass legislation requiring all branches of the State government to rattify all Federal rulings before those said Federal rulings can have jurisdiction within the state.
3. Open the supply of healthcare facilities. This is a simple supply and demand. The government controls the supply of medical facilities, it raises the cost. Increase that supply, it lowers the cost.
4. Allow for off-shore drilling. It will bring in millions of dollars to the state in revenue. Not to mention the amount of jobs that come in order to supplement the oil rigs.
5. Get rid of the property taxes, sales taxes, homeowners associations, telephone taxes, etc. and replace it with the fair tax. There done. No more ripping up a perfectly good sidewalk to replace it with another sidewalk because you have to use the 1 cent sales tax. God forbid you give it back to the people.
There Chris, I gave you direction. Now go with it.
Add your comments below
|Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08)||2 min||Incognito4Ever||1,643,458|
|Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08)||2 hr||Into The Night||64,143|
|Anyone ever eat at the Funky Monkey||3 hr||The Place Stinks||2|
|CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10)||3 hr||ANGHARAD||514,596|
|Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08)||5 hr||Notliz||3,349|
|Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10)||6 hr||vote doug jones||2,230|
|Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09)||Tue||zazz||98,588|
Find what you want!
Search Casselberry Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC