Consumer help: Grout job, cracks in b...

Consumer help: Grout job, cracks in bathroom

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 5, 2009, titled Consumer help: Grout job, cracks in bathroom. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

D ear Greg: In July 2008, I paid D'best Floorz & More a total of $9,300 to tile two new homes that I built.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

mad

Titusville, FL

#1 Jun 7, 2009
Dear Greg: The city of Casselberry has passed and is enforcing a new code requiring anyone with a vehicle that has racks on it that can carry pipe, hoses, etc., to park their vehicles in a garage or under a carport. Many homes in Casselberry have neither. I'm a plumber. If I don't have my van, I won't have a job. My neighbor received a citation to remove his racks or pay a $250-a-day fine. Casselberry is full of working-class people who have the right to work to provide for their families.********* these are called after the fact deed restrictions. Get city officals ear and have this changed.
Enough Already

Leavenworth, KS

#2 Jun 7, 2009
3 years ago, the City of Casselberry sent out letters to homeowners in uncorporated Seminole County, who received water services through Casselberry. Their demand was for the homeowners to agree to be annexed into the city, on an unspecified date, and to pay any arising legal fees of an unspecified amount to handle the transaction.

After contacting the city with my response, which amounted to "Are you insane? Not a chance", the demand was dropped.

Casselberry seems to operate on a "Let's see what we can get away with" mindset.

Although I can understand the overall desire to not have neighborhoods looking like industrial areas, this sounds like a battle which could be successfully fought. Organizations which support your industry could be a help.
SusanB

Casselberry, FL

#3 Jun 9, 2009
Casselberry, in which I live and work, needs to realize they are not Winter Park and they will never be Winter Park. Its a working class community and there is nothing wrong with that. This is why I did not vote for the current Mayor, Charlene Glancey. She made it very clear her hot button issue was zoning and code enforcement.
bsw

Mims, FL

#4 Jun 14, 2009
FYI, City of Orlando and Orange County have similar code enforcement restrictions. Vehicles which advertise a business are not allowed to park overnight on a property. Nor are boats allowed unless they are behind a 6 foot fence, on a concrete pad at least 6 foot off of the easements of the property. Yeah, right. I had a boat in my 2 car carport in my 1960 built house that waas there since 8/1996 when we bought the house. They did a code enforcement sweep, and now I have no boat. Forget about having a camper either. Fought it with everything I had (including going before City Council). So, if you want to own a boat in Central Florida, make sure you have an enclosed garage before you buy one. If you ever get cited, they never go away.
Your Kidding

Palm Coast, FL

#5 Jun 14, 2009
All the cities around here have similar ordinances pertaining to commercial vehicles. It's tiring to hear people saying that Caselberry is a working ocmmunity. As far as I know, about 98% communities in the U.S., have people who work...who else will pay for the mortgage on their $2Mil Winter Park home? Yes, amazingly those citizens also work.

What the community doesn't care for is an intrusion of commercial vehicles endangering the safety of it's neighbors and citizens. Let's have the diesel smog spewing vehicle start up it's loud roar at 5am and race down the street because thats what you deem fit for a neighborhood.

For those that don't have a garage, it means you have an illegal carport enclosure. You value your worthless junk, and want to keep it in storage, so you have no place to park your vehicle. Why should the neighbors have to see more junk on their driveway, because your providing housing for your own junk within your structure?

You can also park it on a side or rear yard, behind a fence...but my guess is you have junk there as well.

And for Mrs.SusanB, you msut have voted for Bob Goff, the previous infamous tax deliquent Mayor who thought it was exempt from paying his own property taxes while passing ordinances to raise yours. Again, another misinformed citizen with a selfish problem who doesn't get the big picture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nostrilis Waxmoron 1,432,043
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Union woman 61,477
last post wins! (Jul '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 5,974
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 4 hr deplorable spud 11
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,198
News Semoran Financial proposes deal with Partners Bank (Jun '09) Aug '16 mike russo 14
VFT Tara Benny Global is a Hologram and needs a... Apr '16 MumraTheEvaLiving 1

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages