6/18: Letters to the Editor

6/18: Letters to the Editor

There are 45 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 17, 2009, titled 6/18: Letters to the Editor. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Jim Green says in his Tuesday letter that "the worst thing that could happen to America is for Obama and the [federal government] to get involved in universal health care." He also says, "Hospitals and doctors are already suffering from being underpaid by Medicare.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Republicans Have No Honor

Eddyville, KY

#41 Jun 19, 2009
Bill Hubbard wrote:
At least "Granny" spews facts, not B ESS.
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know what facts are...

Eddyville, KY

#42 Jun 19, 2009
Bill Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
has no message. Just spewing hate and blather, waiting for school to start back up again.
I do have a message: Republicans, with their misguided values, terrible policies and failed administrations, are the biggest problem faced by this country today.

It's just a message you don't want to hear because you and your ilk are the problem.

Eddyville, KY

#43 Jun 19, 2009
Bill Hubbard wrote:
<quoted text>
That won't happen. Barrack saw to that by appointing Biden as VP. Pelosi is 2nd in line. Who on this earth would prefer either Biden or Pelosi. Obama will live forever !!!!!
Talk about hate and blather...
Mycroft

Mount Dora, FL

#44 Jun 19, 2009
Questor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your original post derided Republicans as draft dodgers, in sarcasm I made the statement about Clinton and Obama.
1) It wasn't my post (look again)

2) He claimed Republicans were draft dodging war-mongers.

You cited Obama. I still don't see how Obama can be a draft dodger when the draft ended at 13.

I also note with interest you've ignored the war-mongering. You might be able to claim Clinton on that one -- but the amount he spent on wars is far less than Bush and Cheney.
Questor wrote:
<quoted text>
Your second post talked about Obama not being old enough for the draft. I compared him to Cheney since Dubya served in the National Guard.
That was probably wise of you.

Especially as I asked directly how you could claim you couldn't compare Cheney's service to Obama's.
Questor wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that Obama is a good man that he is trying to do what he believes is best for America and he would had my vote except for his picking Biden as VP. I think that Obama would have served if called. My point was that Clinton and Obama had no military experience and were the same as Cheney but different than Dubya.
Well, there are some that argue that those who got into the Air National Guard were definitely draft-dodgers.

Personally, I give those who served their full time a little more credit than those who got deferments (but that's me).

I still don't understand your comments on Obama. You seem to feel he needed to go into the Air National Guard rather than get drafted.
Questor

Denver, CO

#45 Jun 20, 2009
Mycroft wrote:
<quoted text>
1) It wasn't my post (look again)

You're right, my apologies.

2) He claimed Republicans were draft dodging war-mongers.
You cited Obama. I still don't see how Obama can be a draft dodger when the draft ended at 13.

Never said he was a draft dodger. Clinton and Obama never had military experience, and that was the fact I was trying to bring to light.

I also note with interest you've ignored the war-mongering. You might be able to claim Clinton on that one -- but the amount he spent on wars is far less than Bush and Cheney.
<quoted text>
That was probably wise of you.

I am not sure which party owns the war mongering moniker. I fought in Viet Nam, which was started by a Democratic president, but Bush is a war mongerer or allowed the influence of his advisors to lead him down that path.

Especially as I asked directly how you could claim you couldn't compare Cheney's service to Obama's.
<quoted text>
Well, there are some that argue that those who got into the Air National Guard were definitely draft-dodgers.
Personally, I give those who served their full time a little more credit than those who got deferments (but that's me).

My definition of draft dodger is a person who 1.) went to Canada to avoid the draft 2.) One you had political connections that they did not have to serve. National guard members went through the same basic and advanced individual training that I did, they just got to go back home, but they served.

I still don't understand your comments on Obama. You seem to feel he needed to go into the Air National Guard rather than get drafted.
Just trying to say that if the draft was applicable to Obama or that if there was a need for him to serve int he military when he was younger I beleive he would have.

Mycroft, I want to thank you for this discourse. It has been civil and enlightening to proffer different opinions without the name calling and general nasty bitter juvenile remarks that most conversations degenerate into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 33 min Ghey Ghost 1,747,186
News Phelps in hot water again: Swimmer apologizes a... (Feb '09) 1 hr Yoo 211
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr ANGHARAD 517,127
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 5 hr T-REX 74,096
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr FART TUBAS 64,575
One Word (Jul '10) 7 hr So_da_lish_us 2,622
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 7 hr So_da_lish_us 13,207

Casselberry Jobs

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages