Ticked off!

There are 87 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Ticked off!. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

These stupid waitresses who slept through high school and did drugs during college call "work" carrying around a bowl of soup and a basket of bread sticks with a nasty attitude and expect tips? God bless the chickens in Oviedo! I enjoy seeing them every time I drive by.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Whatever

Alexandria, VA

#89 May 5, 2009
Lake County wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure do, but I don't get a tip just for doing my job.
That's good because you have terrible social skills. For your information servers make about $2.50 or less an hour...So you see the tip is kind of important! Seriously just stay inside. The world is better off not running into your miserable @$$.
deb

Winter Garden, FL

#90 May 5, 2009
Lake County wrote:
"These stupid waitresses who slept through high school and did drugs during college call "work" carrying around a bowl of soup and a basket of bread sticks with a nasty attitude and expect tips?"
Waitresses should be on their best behavior no matter what the customers are like, its their job to serve the customers not the other way around. It's indcredibly difficult to find a decent waitress today. how many times have they asked me if I wanted more to drink and then take my glass and either end up talking to their friends for 10 minutes or just forget about it altogether? or the times we've asked for something and alas, it NEVER shows up. I don't give a crap about what kind of day your having or if I give you an attitude, your job is to wait on me, not the other way around. Or I could stay home and you're out the tip.
I was out of work and was able to get a waitress job, I did it for 9 months, I have a new found respect for the industry. I did notice that some customers may have had a bad day, and they need to take it out on someone usually the waitress, it happens, we expect it, my motto was , if they come in with an attitude maybe I could change their mood. But I noticed that if a customer was rude to me they were usually rude to the other people at the table, I frequently received apologetic looks from the others at the table.
deb

Winter Garden, FL

#91 May 5, 2009
movie theaters are going to run themselves out of business. We were shocked when I took my Dad (age 87) to the movies, $10.00 for popcorn...we both agreed not to go again.
deb

Winter Garden, FL

#92 May 5, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
If they shut down, how will that affect me? I already don't go.
name calling, you must be a liberal, anyway, if the cost of the movie was less, and the concessions were less, they would probably sell more tickets, more ticket sales would make more money.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#93 May 5, 2009
deb wrote:
<quoted text>
name calling, you must be a liberal, anyway, if the cost of the movie was less, and the concessions were less, they would probably sell more tickets, more ticket sales would make more money.
I'm sorry, are you talking to me? Who did I call a name, and what name was it?
Lake County

Saint Petersburg, FL

#94 May 6, 2009
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That's good because you have terrible social skills. For your information servers make about $2.50 or less an hour...So you see the tip is kind of important! Seriously just stay inside. The world is better off not running into your miserable ****.
Actually I have excellent social skills, I'd run circles around any waitress I've ever dealt with, GUARANTEED. If waitresses made it further than waitressing they'd realize what REAL customer service is. I know what it's like to go the extra distance to keep a client happy.
deb

Winter Garden, FL

#95 May 6, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, are you talking to me? Who did I call a name, and what name was it?
sorry, not you, I'm new to this, someone previously referred to someone as a "stupid moron". again sorry about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min roymoorescrotchle... 1,643,006
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr No worries, Mate 64,133
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Mary NY 514,591
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 22 hr zazz 98,588
News Casey Anthony won't have court appearance today (Sep '08) Mon Jason 3,348
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Mon ANGHARAD 73,867
Anyone ever eat at the Funky Monkey Mon Adrianna S 1

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages