Ticked off!

There are 87 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Ticked off!. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

These stupid waitresses who slept through high school and did drugs during college call "work" carrying around a bowl of soup and a basket of bread sticks with a nasty attitude and expect tips? God bless the chickens in Oviedo! I enjoy seeing them every time I drive by.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

big fan

Lakeland, FL

#22 Apr 29, 2009
I'd like to thank brighthouse for screw-ing up my weekend, providing C R A P internet service that constantly goes out, and having to wade through the muck on the phone to get a real person.
yes, i've already unplugged and replugged everything, and rebooted.
Liberals hate FACTS

Orlando, FL

#23 Apr 29, 2009
A little 'tip' to all you bashing on waitstaff (or anyone else in the service industry). Most often, the 'attitude' you see in the person serving you MIRRORS YOUR DEMEANOR!
If you want a smiling friendly face....try giving one.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#24 Apr 29, 2009
Lake County wrote:
"These stupid waitresses who slept through high school and did drugs during college call "work" carrying around a bowl of soup and a basket of bread sticks with a nasty attitude and expect tips?"
Waitresses should be on their best behavior no matter what the customers are like, its their job to serve the customers not the other way around. It's indcredibly difficult to find a decent waitress today. how many times have they asked me if I wanted more to drink and then take my glass and either end up talking to their friends for 10 minutes or just forget about it altogether? or the times we've asked for something and alas, it NEVER shows up. I don't give a crap about what kind of day your having or if I give you an attitude, your job is to wait on me, not the other way around. Or I could stay home and you're out the tip.
So regardless of your attitude, they should be bubbly and pleasant? Do you feel that way about everyone? Do you feel that if you are paying for a service, that you have the right to be rude and discourteous and expect them not to bat an eye? Maybe you should stay home. If you want to be treated in a pleasant manner you need to be pleasant to others.
SoSumi

AOL

#25 Apr 29, 2009
Random Blueberry wrote:
Not to defend the guy complaining about waitresses, but the key phrase there was "with a nasty attitude." If a server is rude, he has a right to complain (unless, of course, he had a nasty attitude first!).
You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to detect that the complainant here definitely has a bad attitude.
EhWot

AOL

#26 Apr 29, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to be treated in a pleasant manner you need to be pleasant to others.
Not that I disagree, but that just sounds so funny coming from you. You gave me a good laugh today. Thanks, God Bless. LOL

Since: Aug 07

Melbourne, FL

#27 Apr 29, 2009
a little information wrote:
I must be the luckiest diner in Florida. I always seem to get the nicest waitresses and waiters.Good friendly service and always willing to fulfill any extra request. Cant remember ever having a waitress or waiter with a bad attitude. Some are better than others but I always seem to be treated cordially.
If only Publix had a restaurant we wouldn't have these types of complaints about servers.
Anger Management

Miami, FL

#29 Apr 29, 2009
you're probably not a bad patron. That helps in getting good service.
a little information wrote:
I must be the luckiest diner in Florida. I always seem to get the nicest waitresses and waiters.Good friendly service and always willing to fulfill any extra request. Cant remember ever having a waitress or waiter with a bad attitude. Some are better than others but I always seem to be treated cordially.
2cents

Lynwood, CA

#30 Apr 29, 2009
You guys can hate on the Gators all you want but when it comes down to it-WE WIN! Sorry to take away from your sulking time, lol!
Lake County

Saint Petersburg, FL

#31 Apr 29, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
So regardless of your attitude, they should be bubbly and pleasant? Do you feel that way about everyone? Do you feel that if you are paying for a service, that you have the right to be rude and discourteous and expect them not to bat an eye? Maybe you should stay home. If you want to be treated in a pleasant manner you need to be pleasant to others.
Not a problem, am I getting the meal for free? If not I'll behave exactly how I want if I am the one in control. Again, I'm paying for them to serve me, not the other way around. And on top of it, its their job, they're getting paid to serve me, they're not being nice to me and meeting my every need out of charity you know.
Plenty O Toole

Cincinnati, OH

#32 Apr 29, 2009
big fan wrote:
I'd like to thank brighthouse for ****-ing up my weekend, providing C R A P internet service that constantly goes out, and having to wade through the muck on the phone to get a real person.
yes, i've already unplugged and replugged everything, and rebooted.
LOL. I'm about over them too. For some reason over the last couple of weeks I have to reboot my box EVERYTIME I want to watch ON Demand channels. "Loading......"

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#33 Apr 29, 2009
EhWot wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I disagree, but that just sounds so funny coming from you. You gave me a good laugh today. Thanks, God Bless. LOL
What can I say? I'm a funny guy.
humans are stupid monkeys

Orlando, FL

#35 Apr 29, 2009
When are you people going to get your facts right? The movie theatre make money only on the food they sell. The rental of the movie is soooo dang expensive that ONLY the tickets that we purchase at the theatre covers the cost of that rental for that month! So how else are they to survive? Yes they are expensive and so are restaurants. Restaurants charge more for food than the markets so why can't the movie theatre? People, do you see movie theatres shutting down is because not enough poeple buy popcorn!
Look in da mirror

Orlando, FL

#36 Apr 29, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your world, as long as you are paying for something, you are entitled to be an a--hole? Do you think its ok to yell at the maid? Be rude to the front desk clerk at a hotel. Be unpleasant to the cashier at the grocery store? That says way more about you than any rude waitress you might encounter.
I agree ... just because you're paying.. doesn't give you the right to treat someone badly. As with most posters on here.. I've RARELY had bad service, but then I go in with a smile and talk to the wait staff like people, not slaves. I always ask their names and talk to them using their names... just as I would any business deal. I'm polite and cordial and usually get the same treatment back. I say 'please' and 'thank you' accordingly and let them know I appreciate their efforts...it's not that big of a deal. I've found in life, people treat you they way you treat them. Show respect if you want to be shown respect. Then, if the service isn't up to your 'standards'.. talk to the manager... it's their job to make sure the service is good. But also.. be sure to tell the wait staff and manager when you get good service as well. Positive reinforcement works with just about anyone!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#37 Apr 29, 2009
humans are stupid monkeys wrote:
When are you people going to get your facts right? The movie theatre make money only on the food they sell. The rental of the movie is soooo dang expensive that ONLY the tickets that we purchase at the theatre covers the cost of that rental for that month! So how else are they to survive? Yes they are expensive and so are restaurants. Restaurants charge more for food than the markets so why can't the movie theatre? People, do you see movie theatres shutting down is because not enough poeple buy popcorn!
What are you saying? That I, as a consumer, have some sort of obligation to spend more money to keep them in business? Sorry. As a consumer, I have made the choice to go to the theater as infrequently as possible. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere since I can rent and watch movies at home much more cheaply. I can pay for a rental for a whole lot less than a movie ticket. I can have as many people as I want watch the movie without having to pay more for extra tickets. And I have the comfort of mu couch.
Tweet me long and hard

AOL

#38 Apr 29, 2009
"Went to see a movie for the first time in awhile, got a 12-ounce soda in a 16 ounce glass with ice and it was $3.75, no refills. The cheese pizza was $10.50."

Quit complaining! We all know the theaters overprice their refreshments. Who's dumb enough to buy that stuff anyway? Oh, you are.

Either eat before or after the movie, sneak in snacks/drinks, or stay home. Whiner!
Tweet me long and hard

AOL

#39 Apr 29, 2009
"I just want to thank the individual who found my mortgage payment and mailed it to me. I lost it at Panera Bakery in Longwood on 434. I would never have known I dropped it."

Never known? Riiiight. You'd know it when your mortgage company started complaining or when they foreclose on your house. Duh.
Tweet me long and hard

AOL

#40 Apr 29, 2009
"I would like to thank the manager at Lake Eola Publix. I am an elderly disabled man with poor eyesight. I brought in a list of items I needed and he offered to push me around and pick out the items for me. What would normally take me three hours, took 15 minutes. He even offered to come over to my apartment and help me cook. It made my day."

Yeahhh riiiight! You're dreaming again, faker!

“and, your point is...?”

Since: Nov 07

tville

#41 Apr 29, 2009
humans are stupid monkeys wrote:
And I was beginning to think I was the only one who realized this, lol. For the first couple months a movie is in the theaters, the theater has to pay the production company 80-90% of what they take in ticket sales. What's left probably isn't even enough to pay the rent. All profits are made at the concession stand.
Reality

Winter Haven, FL

#42 Apr 29, 2009
WAITRESSES wrote:
• That gets seen by the manager every night. He will follow up with the waitress and probably retrain her in some way.
Giggity, giggity, giggity.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#43 Apr 29, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
"Went to see a movie for the first time in awhile, got a 12-ounce soda in a 16 ounce glass with ice and it was $3.75, no refills. The cheese pizza was $10.50."
Save your money.
Buy a nice big screen tv.
Get a nice stereo set up.
And rent movies from the RedBox!
$1 a day.
Pause the movie whenever you want.
Food's cheaper.
Drinks are cheaper when coming from your own fridge.
F the movie theaters!
I agree with you; and even if you rent the movie "on demand" from your cable company, it's likely to be a bit cheaper than going to the theatre, esp. if you have a family. Anyway - old poot that I am, when I went to the movies as a kid (yeah, one of those stories, stop rolling your eyes), theatres were HUGE, movie screens were immense, they had balconies, and you could stay and watch the film as many times as you wanted.(and if you were a kid, that's generally what you did, stay all day). Who wants to sit in a crowded, dirty multiplex watching a small screen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Realtime 1,460,229
News Florida's Tunrpike: Florida's Turnpike goes wit... (Jun '09) 1 hr Alfred from Boynton 210
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,231
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Murphey_Law 512,864
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 62,353
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 4 hr ChromiuMan 7,948
News Semoran Financial proposes deal with Partners Bank (Jun '09) Aug '16 mike russo 14

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages