Palm Coast to join Casselberry in att...

Palm Coast to join Casselberry in attempt to sway high court on...

There are 2 comments on the Daytona Beach News-Journal Online story from Dec 1, 2012, titled Palm Coast to join Casselberry in attempt to sway high court on.... In it, Daytona Beach News-Journal Online reports that:

Palm Coast officials will file a friend of the court brief hoping to help convince the Florida Supreme Court to uphold red-light cameras like the ones used in the city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daytona Beach News-Journal Online.

William Goodenough

Palm Coast, FL

#1 Dec 2, 2012
These cameras are employed in a manner that is contrary to the state laws and detrimental to driving safety. I hope this illegal collection of taxes will be illuminated in the court action, then we will be able to criminally charge the wrong doers. This will be proven in court. City officials are aware of this and their actions are deplorable.
Gitano

Miami, FL

#2 Dec 3, 2012
William Goodenough wrote:
These cameras are employed in a manner that is contrary to the state laws and detrimental to driving safety. I hope this illegal collection of taxes will be illuminated in the court action, then we will be able to criminally charge the wrong doers. This will be proven in court. City officials are aware of this and their actions are deplorable.
I have to say that when they first came out, I was for them but noticed some green lights go from green to red in 2 seconds flat and drivers in big intersections get caught to no fault of their own.

The also leave them up in corrupt Miami when road construction is going on or a lane is closed off for on reason or another and motorists again get caught in intersection.

I have not gotten a ticket as never caught because I take side streets but what in theory is a good thing has become a tool to STEAL money from good drivers.

Miami-dade is so unethical that the cameras had another reason for being installed..

"How Mayor Gimenez Eroded the Trust in Miami Dade County Government?"

Carlos J. Gimenez, Jr. the son of Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos J. Gimenez is listed as a lobbyist for American Traffic Solutions, the company that contracts with most of the red-light camera programs in Florida, record show.(The Miami Herald, October 3, 2011)

http://www.goldcoastchronicle.com/politics/ho...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min Mothra 53,524
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min Bluestater 1,234,763
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr LizW 498,410
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Anne 97,270
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr LizW 71,886
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 17,866
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr LizW 18,155
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]