We asked you: Should the use of trans...

We asked you: Should the use of transponders on toll roads be r...

There are 2 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 14, 2009, titled We asked you: Should the use of transponders on toll roads be r.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

We asked you: Should the Expressway Authority require the use of transponders on toll roads? YES: 22.2% NO: 77.8% A giant step The Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority 's idea to require the use of transponders on toll roads is a giant step toward more government control of your life.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

MikeP

Orlando, FL

#1 May 15, 2009
I have a problem with manditory. However, decent discounts for transponder users would be nice. Maybe something like having drivers using transponders get charged as the rates before the recent quarter price hike.
Orlandoan

Orlando, FL

#2 May 18, 2009
I only use the expressways a few times a year; why the hell should I have to get a transponder for so few uses? Just to make things easier for the Expressway Authority? I thought the Expressway Authority was supposed to be stewards of the toll roads, and beholden to us so as to make getting around here easier for John and Jane Public. I guess we need to clear out the X-Way Authority and start over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 48 min border 58,781
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 4,943
last post wins! (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 5,923
3 word game (Jan '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,971
VFT Marketing: Tara wants Benny Sitting in a ... 3 hr Tara Bennie VFT 1
One Word (Jul '10) 3 hr Princess Hey 2,398
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Murphey_Law 513,001
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages