Murph

Wichita, KS

#68945 Mar 28, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
My mother-in-law, bless her heart, sent my husband and I a birthday card each. His birthday is the day after mine. She sent us each some money. I don't know why. She hasn't been able to do anything like that in years. She has 7 children. I can't count the grands and the great-grands, too many. She sends them 5.00 dollars until they reach the age of 18.
She also sent a thank-you card when she sent the birthday cards. The thank-you card was for the entertainment and her birthday gift (a gown I bought her in February) when she and her two oldest daughters visited in February. I think she sent the money because she knew I was depressed about my oldest boy and wanted us to go out or get out. She said as much or something to that effect.
Well, those cards never made it, none of them. I felt so bad to tell her that. I guess U.S. Post Office lost them, delivered them to the wrong address, or someone is stealing the mail. It bothers me because to her it was a lot of money. It's a lot of money to me for that matter, but she sent it and she's 88 years old. I hope whoever got it enjoyed it and karma comes by and bites them where the sun doesn't shine.
:-)
God bless that sweet lady. I Hate that happened. She probably had felt so happy that she was able to do that, then to have it get lost or stolen had to have been a blow to her.
Maybe it will still come--maybe it just got sent to the wrong state or something.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#68946 Mar 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Tribe! Good to see you.
I can operate all the controls now, but the jets, even on the lowest setting, beat me to death. It feels really good while I am in there but, within an hour, I feel like a truck rolled over me.
I don't watch tv so I don't know about the ad. It is made by Jacuzzi. If that it what Pat Boone is advertising, I bet he would be shocked at their sales tactics. They have watch a slide show(sme video, too, I think) that is designed to scare seniors to death. Three times I asked him to stop it and just get to the bottom line. His major pitch was the cost of living at home versus the cost of being in a rest home. In reality, it was a matter of me being able to take a bath on my own versus asking the girls to help me get in and out of the tub.
I answered a survey that Jacuzzi sent me and told them I really feel like using the fear factor to sell to seniors is very shoddy marketing.
Good for you Murph.

My whirlpool bath is a Jacuzzi. It was in this home when I bought it. I think my home is about 25 years old. I like it because it is BIG like tubs were back in the day.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#68947 Mar 28, 2013
Murph wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless that sweet lady. I Hate that happened. She probably had felt so happy that she was able to do that, then to have it get lost or stolen had to have been a blow to her.
Maybe it will still come--maybe it just got sent to the wrong state or something.
She IS a sweet lady. I've been blessed in this life with a good mother and an equally good mother-in-law. That's something you can't take for granted now a days.

“FOOTBALL”

Since: Aug 08

A plan in motion

#68948 Mar 29, 2013
Good Morning All

Murph that tub of yours is starting to piss me off , you need to call customer service and make them take the tub back. It's not what they promised and it's certainly not living up to your expectations. There's no reason you should have to keep it.

“FOOTBALL”

A plan in motion

#68949 Mar 29, 2013
We haven't colored eggs in about 5 years. My daughter was the only one that was into it and now that she has her own house, etc she doesn't want to be bothered.

I'm done with the food and Easter basket shopping but I'm not sure about Easter Day. My sister has been having Thyroid issues and now has this strange looking rash on her body that doesn't seem to be going away. The kids will be with their Dad Easter day so we might just postpone having Easter dinner until my sister feels better.
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning Liz and Allbodies.
Does everyone have Easter grocery shopping done?
When do you color your eggs?

“FOOTBALL”

A plan in motion

#68950 Mar 29, 2013
I love Pinerest. They really have some great ideas. Did you ever look at the gift section? It's divided by price ranges 1.00 and up. Some great ideas are there.
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
What you making for Easter dins Marley? Have you ever heard of pintrest? It's a site that has tons of recipes, ideas, crafts, sayings etc. They have some of the best Easter ideas and recipes. Lots of the stuff you have on hand or is inexpensive. That is right up my alley these days lol.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68951 Mar 29, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon Marley!
I hope your cherry tomatoes from Plant City were good if you bought them. I KNOW the strawberries are good this year, with or without sugar.
Good morning T.
The tomatoes were very good. It was a relief to find u.s.a. tomatoes instead of Mexico. Yep, I picked up 2 packages of the strawberries. They look gorgeous!

For big family dinners we clean them and set them out for everyone instead of candy.

That's too bad that your Mother-in-laws mail got lost or taken.
How exasperating!

“tell it to the sock”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#68952 Mar 29, 2013
Good morning, allbodies.

Topix is really in a snit these days. I tried top post earlier in the week, and it wouldn't let me. I'm not too sure this is going to post.

Imma post this real quick.

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

#68953 Mar 29, 2013
Ok! It worked! YAY!!

I would love to say that there is something new and wonderful in my life, but ....

Jr. opened in a show last week.(male lead -- I'm just sayin)

Hubby and I went last Friday and we took mom to the matinee on Sunday. She sat and smiled through the entire show. Older son and his gf are going tonight.

Still waiting for it to warm enough to finish planting the garden. Yesterday morning, there was a heavy frost. Usually by this time of year, we are pretty well warmed up.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68954 Mar 29, 2013
welfarestate wrote:
<quoted text>
What you making for Easter dins Marley? Have you ever heard of pintrest? It's a site that has tons of recipes, ideas, crafts, sayings etc. They have some of the best Easter ideas and recipes. Lots of the stuff you have on hand or is inexpensive. That is right up my alley these days lol.
I finally get a break this year. This year Easter is at my sis's house. She is doing a ham, but it will be sort of a picnic dinner buffet. Baked beans, macaroni salad, deviled eggs, pickled beets, blk olives, green olives, vegetable tray and dip, cantelope, honeydew, strawberries, grapes, and whatever else people tote over there. haha
What's on your menu?
A lot of our snow melted yesterday. It has warmed up to 41. Now if we could just get some sunshine!
I'll have to go to pinterest and check it out again. I haven't looked at it in a long time.
Do you enjoy crafting?
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68955 Mar 29, 2013
snarky wrote:
Ok! It worked! YAY!!
I would love to say that there is something new and wonderful in my life, but ....
Jr. opened in a show last week.(male lead -- I'm just sayin)
Hubby and I went last Friday and we took mom to the matinee on Sunday. She sat and smiled through the entire show. Older son and his gf are going tonight.
Still waiting for it to warm enough to finish planting the garden. Yesterday morning, there was a heavy frost. Usually by this time of year, we are pretty well warmed up.
Oh I'm so glad! That is wonderful news!

Just tell the truth!
You're only here because you heard Murph tappin her blingy pen on her clipboard!
What is the name of the show? Does he get to sing?
Very exciting. You and hubby must be having a blast watching him.......well.....and whoever else is in the show. sniff

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

#68956 Mar 29, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning T.
The tomatoes were very good. It was a relief to find u.s.a. tomatoes instead of Mexico. Yep, I picked up 2 packages of the strawberries. They look gorgeous!
For big family dinners we clean them and set them out for everyone instead of candy.
That's too bad that your Mother-in-laws mail got lost or taken.
How exasperating!
I'm with you. I try to only buy produce grown in USA. Remember when we were kids? Fruit came in season, we ate as much as we could hold, then it was gone until the next year. It was always such a treat when something you liked was in season. Now you can buy what you want, pretty much year round, but it's never good.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68957 Mar 29, 2013
snarky wrote:
Good morning, allbodies.
Topix is really in a snit these days. I tried top post earlier in the week, and it wouldn't let me. I'm not too sure this is going to post.
Imma post this real quick.
Is your Sis coming to see you for Easter?
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68958 Mar 29, 2013
LizW wrote:
Good Morning All
Murph that tub of yours is starting to piss me off , you need to call customer service and make them take the tub back. It's not what they promised and it's certainly not living up to your expectations. There's no reason you should have to keep it.
heheehheee
You tell it Liz!
Sorry,.... for some reason reading that first line tickled my funny bone.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68959 Mar 29, 2013
I hope your Sis doesn't have anything too serious Liz.
I think dry skin is one of the side effects of a thyroid problem.

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

#68960 Mar 29, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
Is your Sis coming to see you for Easter?
No. She was here in January. She'll probably come back sometime over the summer. It's a long drive so twice a year is about as much as she can handle.

We have a lot of "snow birds" here and they don't think anything of running up and down I-95 many times a year. I don't know how they do it. Mom's neighbors (in their 70's) "run up to" Vermont often. Talk about a drive!
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68961 Mar 29, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is a good one.
I am geting a haircut at 11:30, then taking flowers to the cemetery, then going back to bed.

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

#68962 Mar 29, 2013
LizW wrote:
I love Pinerest. They really have some great ideas. Did you ever look at the gift section? It's divided by price ranges 1.00 and up. Some great ideas are there. <quoted text>
I LOVE Pinterest. I have found some great recipes. I like the "secret" board for gifts. I haven't looked at the gift section. I'll try that.

“tell it to the sock”

Location hidden

#68963 Mar 29, 2013
Murph wrote:
I am geting a haircut at 11:30, then taking flowers to the cemetery, then going back to bed.
Have a great day, Murph! I hope your haircut turns out ok.
Marley

Pittsburgh, PA

#68964 Mar 29, 2013
Murph wrote:
That's right,...your anniversary. I hope you feel his love with you as you remember your time together.
hug and a squeeze

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,125,495
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 24 min southerngirl 488,919
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 47,488
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) 8 hr someguy 213
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 9 hr Princess Hey 2,534
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 9 hr Mary NY 25,914
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 9 hr zazz 96,518
Casselberry Dating
Find my Match

Casselberry Jobs

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Casselberry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Casselberry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]