Murph

Wichita, KS

#68785 Mar 13, 2013
Good morning, Tribe and Marley and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We have bright sunshine and I think it is supposed to be another warm, lovely day But, there was frost on the Daffodils when I took the dogs out.

What are all y'all up to today?
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68786 Mar 13, 2013
I have Good News! Jason, the boy we've been praying for, is being released from the hospital this afternoon, a full month earlier than was anticipated.

His mother found out on Monday and sort of panicked because they didn't have anything in the house ready for his wheelchair. The building trades class at his school got eight students released from regular classes yesterday and today, and they already have the ramp finished! This is volunteer for the kids because they will have to make up all that classwork.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68787 Mar 13, 2013
I sure get lonely, sitting here talking to myself!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Since: Apr 09

Happytown, USA

#68788 Mar 13, 2013
Marley wrote:
<quoted text>
You should celebrate. After all, you have so many special memories, and a terrific family because of your marriage.
I don't think you will be alone. I am sure he will be with you in spirit.
hugs
I agree. It's still YOUR anniversary...and the part of about your family the two of you will always share.

You're a sweet friend Marley!

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68789 Mar 13, 2013
I was getting rid of some things this weekend, trying to help my daughter with a yard sale she was having in my front yard, when I ran across a paperback book one of my oldest and dearest (since we were 7 years old) friends had given me when I started my 6 rounds of very aggressive chemo and a 5 week regiment of radiation for invasive breast cancer which by size should have been staged a 4, but with clean margins, the removal of all my lymph nodes in my right arm, a double mastectomy and the aggressive treatment, my oncologist upgraded it to a 3A. That was the end of 2000, which will be 13 years ago at the end of this year.

This friend had given me a book entitled, "You Can't Afford The Luxury Of A Negative Thought", along with some scarves and a eyebrow pencil which I had never used in my life, but became so good at it then, my husband swears he never realized I was using it. I don't know how he didn't. God bless him.

To my surprise I flipped it open and ran across a page with a quote which I had found in my mother's wallet on a little piece of newspaper clipped out about an inch long stuck in a compartment by itself. It was so small it could have easily been overlooked, but I saved it as it was a reflection of the way my mother treated others. She was such a fair woman, always treating any and everybody with equal respect, the way she would have wanted to be treated. I lived in such a poor and rough neighborhood, but I was always left alone and so was my younger sister because everybody loved my mother. She sold Avon. Everybody knew her, and if by chance one of the bullies started in someone would also say leave her alone, that Mrs. So and So's daughter, the Avon lady. Thank the Lord for my mama!

The verse said,

"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can

John Wesley

I so appeciated running across that quote. That little clipping in my mother's wallet didn't have the author's name. I'm glad I know who wrote it. I just found it odd that I saw it, like I was meant to, like a message.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68790 Mar 13, 2013
Murph wrote:
I sure get lonely, sitting here talking to myself!
Aww Marley, I'm sorry.

<3

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68791 Mar 13, 2013
Murph wrote:
I have Good News! Jason, the boy we've been praying for, is being released from the hospital this afternoon, a full month earlier than was anticipated.
His mother found out on Monday and sort of panicked because they didn't have anything in the house ready for his wheelchair. The building trades class at his school got eight students released from regular classes yesterday and today, and they already have the ramp finished! This is volunteer for the kids because they will have to make up all that classwork.
That IS good news. There is power in intercessory prayer...praise the Lord for this boy, Jason's recovery. Will he be in a wheelchair temporarily or permanently?

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68792 Mar 13, 2013
Murph wrote:
Good morning, Tribe and Marley and Allbodies. I hope you have a great day.
We have bright sunshine and I think it is supposed to be another warm, lovely day But, there was frost on the Daffodils when I took the dogs out.
What are all y'all up to today?
I tried to stay busy all day on purpose. My brother-in-law brought me a flat of strawberries. I washed a cut up the majority of them for my husband to freeze. He'll make jam this weekend. Then I went to the grocery store and bought us some Angel Food Cake, cool whip, etc. to make Strawberry Shortcake. I usually like pound cake, but I had sampled one one of the Angel Food Cakes from the Bakery earlier this month and really liked it. The Strawberry Festival came to an end for another year with country singer Blake Shelton ending the last day's entertainment, which is close to the Publix Grocery Store I shop at, and being Plant City and I'm sure all over Florida, we of course had our strawberries and the fixens' on sale this week. You should have seen that traffic Sunday, the last day, wall to wall traffic on Interstate 4 and every side street leading into the festival. I'm assuming it was to see Blake Shelton and/or because it was the last day.

I also stopped by the produce market and bought tomatoes, plantains, pink grapefruit, eggplant (I've never eaten it), but my husband has a recipe he wants to try today (Thursday). My mother and my sister like it, so maybe I will too.

I came home and made a banana pudding, just an instant quick one. I had 3 ripe bananas and didn't want them to go to waste. Everything I put in it was fat-free, or no sugar, etc. I did taste it, and to me, you can't tell it. I think the diet foods and sugar substitutes must taste better than they did when they were first invented as this banana pudding was tasty. I added fat-free whipped cream to the top layer of pudding. It gave it extra flavor and was better than usual to me.

:-)

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68793 Mar 13, 2013
Darn, I can write some novellas when I set my mind to it. I'm sorry so long.

I do know you all pray over here on Thursday. Please remember my oldest son in your prayers. He is going to court tomorrow and I have always been there for him through thick and thin, but I've decided I'm going to stay out of the courtroom this time. My husband was not subpoenaed (sp) and neither was I. In the past I've went (by myself) and pleaded for him and made excuses. I just can't in good conscience go this time. I'm sure he will be shocked. He's been gone a month tomorrow. We've not accepted calls or visited him, in fact my husband has an injunction against him and he isn't allowed to contact our home by mail or phone, nor is he allowed within 500 feet of our home when he is released.

Please pray for him and my family. He needs help. I have done everything I know to get it for him. I think this is his wake up call. It is TIME. We are tired and can't put up with him anymore.

This is mean for me to say, but between my brother dying and no longer calling a cursing me out everytime in felt like going on a tirade and between my son being away, this is the first time in years I feel some semblance of peace. I'm just broken hearted that this is the way I have to get it. I pray the judge will make him get some kind of court-ordered medical treatment for his anger. The root of his problems all stem from drug abuse, however he has explosive rage in him that he needs help for. We are no longer able to tolerate his abuse toward my husband and the damage he has done to our home, literally to my house and spiritually to all of us.

Thank you ladies. He is a decent man, but only when he is clean and sober. I pray he grows up and puts away all the alcohol, drugs, etc. Some people NEVER do. My dad never did. I never wanted to give up, but if he can't give it up, he needs to stay away.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68794 Mar 13, 2013
Goodnight and God bless you all. Jean, God bless you. May He hold your frail body in his hands and heal you, making you stronger than ever before. He CAN do it. In Jesus's name. Amen.

“FOOTBALL”

Since: Aug 08

Brother Love

#68795 Mar 14, 2013
Good Morning Ladies,

Murph and Marley your work clothes sound way too fancy for me. I just wear denim when I'm *dressing up*

My work clothes consist mainly of ripped tee shirts and bleached stained sweats.

We had snow again last night. Just a light covering.

“FOOTBALL”

Brother Love

#68796 Mar 14, 2013
Tribe I've been praying for you every day. I'm glad you're finally feeling some degree of peace.

I don't really know how jail or probation works but I was under the impression that if you had a drug or anger problem they would make you go to counseling or rehab..........or at least they should do something to try to help the person correct the problem verse just repeating the same pattern over and over again.
tribe mom wrote:
I do know you all pray over here on Thursday. Please remember my oldest son in your prayers. He is going to court tomorrow and I have always been there for him through thick and thin, but I've decided I'm going to stay out of the courtroom this time. My husband was not subpoenaed (sp) and neither was I. In the past I've went (by myself) and pleaded for him and made excuses. I just can't in good conscience go this time. I'm sure he will be shocked. He's been gone a month tomorrow. We've not accepted calls or visited him, in fact my husband has an injunction against him and he isn't allowed to contact our home by mail or phone, nor is he allowed within 500 feet of our home when he is released.
Please pray for him and my family. He needs help. I have done everything I know to get it for him. I think this is his wake up call. It is TIME. We are tired and can't put up with him anymore.
This is mean for me to say, but between my brother dying and no longer calling a cursing me out everytime in felt like going on a tirade and between my son being away, this is the first time in years I feel some semblance of peace. I'm just broken hearted that this is the way I have to get it. I pray the judge will make him get some kind of court-ordered medical treatment for his anger. The root of his problems all stem from drug abuse, however he has explosive rage in him that he needs help for. We are no longer able to tolerate his abuse toward my husband and the damage he has done to our home, literally to my house and spiritually to all of us.
Thank you ladies. He is a decent man, but only when he is clean and sober. I pray he grows up and puts away all the alcohol, drugs, etc. Some people NEVER do. My dad never did. I never wanted to give up, but if he can't give it up, he needs to stay away.

“Don't Worry Be Happy”

Happytown, USA

#68797 Mar 14, 2013
LizW wrote:
Tribe I've been praying for you every day. I'm glad you're finally feeling some degree of peace.
I don't really know how jail or probation works but I was under the impression that if you had a drug or anger problem they would make you go to counseling or rehab..........or at least they should do something to try to help the person correct the problem verse just repeating the same pattern over and over again.<quoted text>
I hope so Liz. I don't know it the judge bothers to read incident report. I let them know my son needs help. I've had him put in rehab twice. He's no longer a boy. He's a man. I'm afraid to go. I'm too upset and might cause him more trouble. I hope he asks the judge for it himself, if he doesn't he'll probably get jailtime. One thing about it, he won't be out using AND maybe he'll have a longer time to think about what he's doing. I just can't fix things for him anymore. He's gotta "fix" himself. I'm trying to be tough. I'm not, but I'm trying.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68798 Mar 14, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
I was getting rid of some things this weekend, trying to help my daughter with a yard sale she was having in my front yard, when I ran across a paperback book one of my oldest and dearest (since we were 7 years old) friends had given me when I started my 6 rounds of very aggressive chemo and a 5 week regiment of radiation for invasive breast cancer which by size should have been staged a 4, but with clean margins, the removal of all my lymph nodes in my right arm, a double mastectomy and the aggressive treatment, my oncologist upgraded it to a 3A. That was the end of 2000, which will be 13 years ago at the end of this year.
This friend had given me a book entitled, "You Can't Afford The Luxury Of A Negative Thought", along with some scarves and a eyebrow pencil which I had never used in my life, but became so good at it then, my husband swears he never realized I was using it. I don't know how he didn't. God bless him.
To my surprise I flipped it open and ran across a page with a quote which I had found in my mother's wallet on a little piece of newspaper clipped out about an inch long stuck in a compartment by itself. It was so small it could have easily been overlooked, but I saved it as it was a reflection of the way my mother treated others. She was such a fair woman, always treating any and everybody with equal respect, the way she would have wanted to be treated. I lived in such a poor and rough neighborhood, but I was always left alone and so was my younger sister because everybody loved my mother. She sold Avon. Everybody knew her, and if by chance one of the bullies started in someone would also say leave her alone, that Mrs. So and So's daughter, the Avon lady. Thank the Lord for my mama!
The verse said,
"Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can
John Wesley
I so appeciated running across that quote. That little clipping in my mother's wallet didn't have the author's name. I'm glad I know who wrote it. I just found it odd that I saw it, like I was meant to, like a message.
That is beautiful. Father Tim,from the Jan Karon books often quotes John Wesley.
That is such a wonderful gift that you ran across the book and the clipping.
I have had friends who went to MD ANderson cancer treatment center in Texas and they were all told that they didn't have the luxury of negative thinking.
One of them told me she had been wheeled into the doctor's office in a wheelchair (by someone who worked at the hospital). The first thing the doctor said was, "Do you need that wheelchair?" She said "No." The doctor said, "Let's put that out in the hall for sick people." It gave my friend a lift that, although she was battling cancer, the doctor didn't consider her "sick people".
That particular friend wasn't so lucky. She had gone to a local doctor for 2 months for stomach ache and, by the time the doctor started taking her seriously, she already had advanced liver cancer. She died just a few weeks after starting the treatments.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68799 Mar 14, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
<quoted text>
That IS good news. There is power in intercessory prayer...praise the Lord for this boy, Jason's recovery. Will he be in a wheelchair temporarily or permanently?
Jason was trapped in the car, which caught on fire. He had to have a leg amputated, and Lots of skin grafting.
His father is disabled and his mother lost her job before the accident. He was in the hospital in Springfield,MO. The wonderful kids at his high school raised $12,000.00, so the family could stay over there with him. The community raised a lot of money, also, the the paper never said how much.
I am sure, if Jason is going to be able to use a prosthetic, these awesome kids will raise money for that.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68800 Mar 14, 2013
tribe mom wrote:
I know that had to be a tough decision, but I feel certain that you are making the right one. Is there any way you can contact the prosecuting attorney's office and Ask him to make that a condition?
He will turn into the wonderful man you raised but, until he does, I think you are right in keeping him away.

You earned your peace, you Deserve your peace.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68801 Mar 14, 2013
Good morning, Allbodies. I hope your day is good.

Tribe, your son is in my prayers and will be when I pray at noon.

Have you ever tried this for shortcake==I read this in a Gladys Tabor book long ago.
Make the shortcake with Bisquick, just like you were making biscuits,only add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the mix. Drop on a cookie sheet, smack them fairly thin, butter the top of one, put another on top of it. When they are done, you can lift the top one and put strawberries on it, put the top back on and add more strawberries. Serve while the shortcake is warm and the strawberries are room temperature.
I also read once, in Galloping Gourmet, that if you add a teensy bit of cayenne pepper to the strawberries, it will bring out the strawberry flavor. I have never tried this.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68802 Mar 14, 2013
Liz, you and Marley and I will have to have a fashion show. We will call it, Real Women of 2013.
OK--I am only half a woman now. We will call it 2 1/2 Women.
Murph

Wichita, KS

#68803 Mar 14, 2013
Amen.
And Amen.

“FOOTBALL”

Brother Love

#68805 Mar 14, 2013
Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Incognito4Ever 1,156,583
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Mothra 49,376
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,722
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr T-REX 490,362
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 12 hr The Real Missy 17,711
Internet, zoning make adult bookstores endanger... Dec 21 taroB 1
Massage or Religion? Sep '14 groovygroovy 1
Casselberry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Casselberry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Casselberry