CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods ...

“Trixie”

Since: Nov 11

the mad russian

#459457 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
There's more to come out about this, I'll bet you. Schools always obtain emergency contact numbers in addition to home phone numbers, to address situations exactly like what happened when a 10 year old does not show up at school. It also takes a totally incompetent police officer to leave such a critical voicemail, not knowing if anyone is home, and not following up on it. Technically police knew Jessica was missing at 10am, if that's when they were notified by the school because the school couldn't reach anyone else.
Why would you think the school notified police? Those calls by the schools are often recorded calls notifying the parent the child didn't show up to class that day. Every time my kids were sick, I would get that kind of call if I hadn't called the school early enough.

It was the school who called Jessica's home, not the school. Schools don't call the police when a child fails to show up for class.

“Twofer one”

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#459458 Oct 13, 2012
marcemon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think the school notified police? Those calls by the schools are often recorded calls notifying the parent the child didn't show up to class that day. Every time my kids were sick, I would get that kind of call if I hadn't called the school early enough.
It was the school who called Jessica's home, not the school. Schools don't call the police when a child fails to show up for class.
Scrams is a moron going by a Dailymail article, not the most reliable "news".

The SCHOOL called the mother, she had her phone turned off and didn't recieve the mesage until 4PM.

Scrams needs to stick with news reports from the area, much more informative.
Pink Box

United States

#459459 Oct 13, 2012
Canusa1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kids graduated a couple of years ago, and their kids are already in school. How ya figure?
Why would you need to know that information?

Since: Aug 09

New York

#459460 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are YOU to flat-out declare "it's a sad case of miscommunication" when you know nothing more about the case than what's reported in the media so far?
For all you know the police were indeed involved by 10am and the public isn't being told of what happened after that.
"When Jessica had not turned up by 10am, police called the girl's home and left a voicemail, but her mother, who works nights, was asleep at the time and didn’t get the message."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22170...
Neither do you....and who are YOU to flat-out accuse the Grunds of Caylee's murder? I do know how the school system works when a child doesn't show up. The point you made was the mother was sleeping. The investigation continues.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action...

Jessica Ridgeway Alert: New Person of Interest Revealed
October 13, 2012 02:15 AM EDT
comments: 3
Jessica Ridgeway breaking update: U.S. Marshals and other officials "converged" on a home in Denver late Friday night, armed with rifles. Reports indicate that the registered sex offender living in the home is a person of interest in the disappearance and brutal murder of the missing 10-year-old Westminster girl.

Reports also allege that the armed Marshals requested DNA samples from the RSO, and stayed inside the home for up to a half hour. However, nobody left the home in handcuffs. A woman who says she is the man's mother claims that he was cleared of suspicion, but officials are not commenting.

The murder and dismemberment of Jessica Ridgeway still isn't solve, but as this latest development shows, officials are not relenting in their investigation behind what happened. They will not stop until Jessica's killer is brought to justice.

Officials haven't released any potential autopsy findings on the girl, so her cause of death is not yet known by the public. All that is known is that 10-year-old Jessica was kidnapped, killed and then dismembered before she was dumped out in the open. This came just a short time after her backpack and water bottler were found seemingly planted in Arvada.
Pink Box

United States

#459461 Oct 13, 2012
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do! However you are wrong about how the school system works. This is a sad case of miscommunication and I'm sure the child's mother is devestated by missing that call.
What would the most ignorant woman in the world know about children and education, neither of which she's successfully pulled off?

“Twofer one”

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#459462 Oct 13, 2012
The family of missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway called her “the light of our life” and denied having anything to do with her disappearance in their first public statement.

Jessica was last seen Friday morning leaving her Westminster, Colo., home to meet a friend and walk to school.

Her mother Sarah got a call from her SCHOOL later in the day alerting her that Jessica never made it to class.

Police found her backpack and water bottle Sunday, about six miles north of her home

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pare...
Pink Box

United States

#459463 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
The math says Mary became a grandmother when her own children were in about grade 8.
You're stalker curious and jealous, Get off that fat ass of yours, brush that nasty smell out your mouth and go find a bus to run over you.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459464 Oct 13, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
<quoted text>
Scrams is a moron going by a Dailymail article, not the most reliable "news".
The SCHOOL called the mother, she had her phone turned off and didn't recieve the mesage until 4PM.
Scrams needs to stick with news reports from the area, much more informative.
Jeffco Public Schools --

How do I sign up for SchoolMessenger?

Parents and guardians do not need to sign up for SchoolMessenger just to receive messages, the basic contact information parents provided in Jeffco Connect at registration has been added to the system. Parents do need to log on to the SchoolMessenger Contact Manager to activate an account if they want to select how they would like to be contacted (phone, e-mail and text message*) and add addtional contact points. Parents should also review their contact information to ensure it is accurate. To change the "Primary" and "Secondary" numbers log in to Jeffco Connect.

Is SchoolMessenger secure?

Your student's information is stored on a secure server and all personal data is sent in an encrypted format. Please remember, just like with any application, if you give your password to anyone, including your child, your contact information can be changed and messages regarding attendance, grades and emergencies can be diverted or discontinued.

http://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/schoolmess...

“Twofer one”

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#459465 Oct 13, 2012
When she didn’t arrive at Witt Elementary School in Westminster, Jefferson County Schools officials tried to contact her mother. They made a call at 10 a.m. but were only able to leave a voicemail. Ridgeway’s mother, who works an overnight shift and sleeps during the day, didn’t get the message until 4:30 p.m. and immediately contacted Westminster police.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/09/police-...
Pink Box

United States

#459466 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are YOU to flat-out declare "it's a sad case of miscommunication" when you know nothing more about the case than what's reported in the media so far?
For all you know the police were indeed involved by 10am and the public isn't being told of what happened after that.
"When Jessica had not turned up by 10am, police called the girl's home and left a voicemail, but her mother, who works nights, was asleep at the time and didn’t get the message."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22170...
UK? You've gone on and on suspiciously about this new murder case. I suspect you have information and have alerted authorities. It's the right thing to do.

“Twofer one”

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#459467 Oct 13, 2012
Nuthutters46er wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured Brianne out pretty quickly. Than poof she was gone.
Wefigured YOU out ages ago why don't you POOF?
Pink Box

United States

#459468 Oct 13, 2012
Mary NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do you....and who are YOU to flat-out accuse the Grunds of Caylee's murder? I do know how the school system works when a child doesn't show up. The point you made was the mother was sleeping. The investigation continues.
http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action...
Jessica Ridgeway Alert: New Person of Interest Revealed
October 13, 2012 02:15 AM EDT
comments: 3
Jessica Ridgeway breaking update: U.S. Marshals and other officials "converged" on a home in Denver late Friday night, armed with rifles. Reports indicate that the registered sex offender living in the home is a person of interest in the disappearance and brutal murder of the missing 10-year-old Westminster girl.
Reports also allege that the armed Marshals requested DNA samples from the RSO, and stayed inside the home for up to a half hour. However, nobody left the home in handcuffs. A woman who says she is the man's mother claims that he was cleared of suspicion, but officials are not commenting.
The murder and dismemberment of Jessica Ridgeway still isn't solve, but as this latest development shows, officials are not relenting in their investigation behind what happened. They will not stop until Jessica's killer is brought to justice.
Officials haven't released any potential autopsy findings on the girl, so her cause of death is not yet known by the public. All that is known is that 10-year-old Jessica was kidnapped, killed and then dismembered before she was dumped out in the open. This came just a short time after her backpack and water bottler were found seemingly planted in Arvada.
so much for rehabilitating sex offenders. Proof that pigs like Tanner need continued watching.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459469 Oct 13, 2012
WAS sanka wrote:
The family of missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway called her “the light of our life” and denied having anything to do with her disappearance in their first public statement.
Jessica was last seen Friday morning leaving her Westminster, Colo., home to meet a friend and walk to school.
Her mother Sarah got a call from her SCHOOL later in the day alerting her that Jessica never made it to class.
Police found her backpack and water bottle Sunday, about six miles north of her home
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/pare...
Yes, and you can be assured what occurred after Jessica didn't appear at school is being investigated.

Are you another one who could care a less if your 10 year old child doesn't show up somewhere, and neither you or anybody on the emergency contract list you have provided is advised?

You're all surprising me that it's no big deal considering you strongly promote issues regarding child safety and well being in general.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459470 Oct 13, 2012
Pink Box wrote:
<quoted text> UK? You've gone on and on suspiciously about this new murder case. I suspect you have information and have alerted authorities. It's the right thing to do.
I think I have fallen down a rabbit hole where sexual predators are advocating the rights to their victims without school or police intervention.

:-(

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#459471 Oct 13, 2012
Snicker wrote:
You know I know you like to start new threads.
who?
But I find it utterly stupid to keep starting new ones. Same people are going to be posting in the end. Do you really think the only people you want to post with you will find it? Don't answer I'll just go LMAO in the corner. I find it just plain silly.
It makes absolutely no sense!
.
AN other

United States

#459472 Oct 13, 2012
Here every student has an ID number. The first task of the day is to take attendance on a computer. That data generates calls to each phone, email, parent, etc. entered by student/parent the day of enrollment. The school asks for a call back. Jessica's school probably knew mom slept during the day.

Kids do miss school. Perfect attendance is not common.

Funny that some suspect mom for not calling.back that same day, not 31 days later. Did police have to call the mom? She didn't call police herself? Did she have her mom call? Had she scheduled her tattoo and manicure yet?

Since: Aug 09

New York

#459473 Oct 13, 2012
http://kdvr.com/2012/10/08/family-rallies-aro...

Sarah Ridgeway was the one who alerted police late Friday afternoon that Jessica was missing. That was after she heard a telephone message from administrators at Witt Elementary school notifying her that Jessica was absent.

Jessica’s mother told police she saw Jessica leave for school Friday morning. But she never made it there.

Sarah Ridgeway did not receive the message from the school until late Friday afternoon because she works nights and she was asleep.
----------

Most all of the information out there says it was the school that called at 10:00am, this coming from the child's own mother in the article. Nothing was said about the police leaving her a message.
Rambler

Red Deer, Canada

#459474 Oct 13, 2012
Colorado Amber Alert Canceled for 10 Year Old Girl
Posted: Saturday October 6, 2012 9:49 AM PT
Updated: Friday October 12, 2012 4:37 PM PT

http://codeamber.org/ridgwayco/co_100612_ambe...

**********

According to what I notice of Colordo requirements in issuing amber alerts, a description of the child's disappearance including the vehicle and licence plate number is required.

So how could an amber alert have been issued the day after Jessica went missing, if the story was the child just didn't show up at school the day before and her mother didn't know a voicemail was left because she was sleeping?

Something's not adding up.

Since: Aug 09

New York

#459475 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you continuing to insist the school couldn't contact the mother because she was sleeping, when at least one media report mentions the police were involved by 10am?
One out of 30 I just read...ever heard of a mess up? Police were NOT involved until the mother listened to the voice mail.

Since: Aug 09

New York

#459476 Oct 13, 2012
Rambler wrote:
<quoted text>
Your 20 year old child plays mommy or daddy to a 16year old?
Where did you come up with that? LOL @ you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Julia 1,616,909
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 10 hr Wiley_Kyote 73,851
Websleuths admin is convicted habitual sex offe... (Apr '09) Sun I see u 304
Under the table (Apr '17) Oct 14 --IslandGurL-- 2
News Club Juana will close to clear way for bridge (Jun '06) Sep 29 Club J Fan 11
Looking for relative of Jeff Mayer Aug '17 RonW 1
News Oviedo OKs red light cameras (Feb '10) Jul '17 bill003 9

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages