Ticked off! @ Whoopi's wardrobe horro...

Ticked off! @ Whoopi's wardrobe horror, commando bikers

There are 93 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Ticked off! @ Whoopi's wardrobe horror, commando bikers. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Whoopi Goldberg must think every day is Halloween ! We spend our taxes on dog parks, jogging and bicycle paths instead of flood control, keeping retention ponds mowed, maintaining water drains in Seminole ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Haley

United States

#100 Sep 29, 2008
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you're married to a democrat too.
Sorry for what reason? That Democrats want to get rid of the wealthy tax loopholes and get them to pay their fair share of taxes, taxing increasing for those who make more than $250k/yr and withdrawing the tax breaks for large corporations who have seen incredible cuts under the Bush administration? Sorry that Democrats no longer want to see people die because they can't afford health insurance, babies born unhealthy because of lack of pre-natal care, kids and parents who suffer because their parents are paid $6.13/hr and can't afford to insure them? For what we are spending on the war in Iraq, this insurance program could happen. Obama wants to increase our presence in Afganistan, where bin Laden is, and withdraw so many troops in Iraq. So, I don't really think that there will be health care for everyone, but the kids deserve a chance. I guess if you are living well, these things don't bother you. We live well, but do community service, and it DOES bother me, than Republicans NEVER see the reality of the lives of the poor. Obama believes that welfare be limited and everyone reciving it must work. Republicans have some crazy idea that because he is black he is going to give money to those who sit around and smoke and drink all day - talk about racism...anyway, I don't like all of Obama's stands, and some of them will affect me in a negitive way. I am afraid this country will tank if it continues to be ran by the rich for the rich. If you study history, when this happens and the class divide is so great, it is the beginning of the end.
huh

Melbourne, FL

#102 Sep 29, 2008
Haley wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for what reason? That Democrats want to get rid of the wealthy tax loopholes and get them to pay their fair share of taxes, taxing increasing for those who make more than $250k/yr and withdrawing the tax breaks for large corporations who have seen incredible cuts under the Bush administration? Sorry that Democrats no longer want to see people die because they can't afford health insurance, babies born unhealthy because of lack of pre-natal care, kids and parents who suffer because their parents are paid $6.13/hr and can't afford to insure them? For what we are spending on the war in Iraq, this insurance program could happen. Obama wants to increase our presence in Afganistan, where bin Laden is, and withdraw so many troops in Iraq. So, I don't really think that there will be health care for everyone, but the kids deserve a chance. I guess if you are living well, these things don't bother you. We live well, but do community service, and it DOES bother me, than Republicans NEVER see the reality of the lives of the poor. Obama believes that welfare be limited and everyone reciving it must work. Republicans have some crazy idea that because he is black he is going to give money to those who sit around and smoke and drink all day - talk about racism...anyway, I don't like all of Obama's stands, and some of them will affect me in a negitive way. I am afraid this country will tank if it continues to be ran by the rich for the rich. If you study history, when this happens and the class divide is so great, it is the beginning of the end.
So your logic is if I make more money I should have to sustain those who make less with MY tax money? How is that fair? Why should we even have different brackets for how much money you make...that right there takes away all fairness.

I don't make more than 250K a year, but just because people do, I don't see why it is 'fair' for them to have to foot more of the bill.

I don't like either of the candidates really, but you have to look at who will be better for the country, and increasing government to the levels the democrats want just seems very dangerous to me.
Halely

United States

#103 Sep 29, 2008
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
So your logic is if I make more money I should have to sustain those who make less with MY tax money? How is that fair? Why should we even have different brackets for how much money you make...that right there takes away all fairness.
I don't make more than 250K a year, but just because people do, I don't see why it is 'fair' for them to have to foot more of the bill.
I don't like either of the candidates really, but you have to look at who will be better for the country, and increasing government to the levels the democrats want just seems very dangerous to me.
You are misinformed. If you make over $250k you will pay your fair share. Right now the middle class bears most of the tax burden due to loophole and benefits the Republicans have given the wealthy. How many profitable large corporations do you know who make huge profits and pay fewer taxes under Bush, and pay minimum wage. Could you support a family on that? The playing field should be leveled, so that people who work hard, are not paid non-living wages so the rich get richer off the backs of the average person. Why should the middle class pay the majority of taxes, when to give them the break and put the rich back into paying their share, would stimulate the economy. Most people just want to work, feed and shelter their families, save some money, maybe even buy a house. They want to pay taxes, but just their fair share. Obama is not giving anyone anything. He believes in working for welfare and limits on that. He believes that fairness in the tax system will benefit the economy. Just now the republicans have refused to pass this fianncial bill, and the DOW and treasuries TANKED today. Tomarrow we could all be broke and unemployed. You are cutting your own throat because you have bought in to the Republican lies. I feel sorry for all of you, because you feel you have not suffered enough these last 8 years. My own income, althought in the upper 2% doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. And if we feel it, I KNOW others do.
Halely

United States

#104 Sep 29, 2008
President Bush and House leaders pleaded with the Republicans to pass this bill, and no way would they cooperate. So, go broke, and good luck.
huh

Melbourne, FL

#105 Sep 29, 2008
Halely wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misinformed. If you make over $250k you will pay your fair share. Right now the middle class bears most of the tax burden due to loophole and benefits the Republicans have given the wealthy. How many profitable large corporations do you know who make huge profits and pay fewer taxes under Bush, and pay minimum wage. Could you support a family on that? The playing field should be leveled, so that people who work hard, are not paid non-living wages so the rich get richer off the backs of the average person. Why should the middle class pay the majority of taxes, when to give them the break and put the rich back into paying their share, would stimulate the economy. Most people just want to work, feed and shelter their families, save some money, maybe even buy a house. They want to pay taxes, but just their fair share. Obama is not giving anyone anything. He believes in working for welfare and limits on that. He believes that fairness in the tax system will benefit the economy. Just now the republicans have refused to pass this fianncial bill, and the DOW and treasuries TANKED today. Tomarrow we could all be broke and unemployed. You are cutting your own throat because you have bought in to the Republican lies. I feel sorry for all of you, because you feel you have not suffered enough these last 8 years. My own income, althought in the upper 2% doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. And if we feel it, I KNOW others do.
Haley, a majority of congress is democrats, and take a look at how many democrats did NOT vote for this bill.

And also remember this, if companies are forced to pay more in taxes, just remember how it will trickle down..prices will rise. Same goes with minimum wage...if employers are FORCED to pay more, the costs of what they produce will rise. Companies should pay what the people demand.
Gary

Sanford, FL

#106 Oct 13, 2008
I am ticked off at the rocket scientists who call themselves traffic engineers. The traffic light on Hwy 50 in Clermont that intersects with Citrus Tower Blvd that has the constant green set for Citrus Tower Blvd and not Hwy 50. When traveling home on Hwy 50 @ 3:00 AM you must stop and wait for the stupid light to switch. Shouldn't Hwy 50 have the constant green?
Gary

Sanford, FL

#107 Oct 13, 2008
I am ticked off at the idiots who in rainstorms find it necessary to drive with their four way flashers on. They go down the turnpike, the 408 or the 528 in the left lane with their stupid four way flashers blinking blinding everyone behind them, Not only is this idiotic it is also against the law and dangerous.
Revitup1975

Montverde, FL

#108 Oct 23, 2008
I'm ticked at watching Obama campaign ads every 7 minutes; and what about that 2 minute ad and the 30 minute infomercial? Now that really takes Chutzpa!
Revitup1975

Montverde, FL

#109 Oct 23, 2008
Gary wrote:
I am ticked off at the idiots who in rainstorms find it necessary to drive with their four way flashers on. They go down the turnpike, the 408 or the 528 in the left lane with their stupid four way flashers blinking blinding everyone behind them, Not only is this idiotic it is also against the law and dangerous.
Gary is correct! Driving with your emergency flashers on is illegal in Florida and, also, there is NO law that says you must turn your headlights on in the rain.
Revitup1975

Montverde, FL

#110 Oct 23, 2008
The 700 Club interviewed dozens of people and asked why they are voting for Obama. Except for generalities, nobody could come up with any specific reasons or cite Obama's voting record as a reason since he doesn't have one.
Revitup1975

Montverde, FL

#111 Oct 23, 2008
The two very best reasons NOT to vote for Obama are total lack of experience and, the biggest danger, a Democratic controlled White House and Congress. NO balance of power.
huh

Melbourne, FL

#112 Oct 23, 2008
Revitup1975 wrote:
<quoted text>Gary is correct! Driving with your emergency flashers on is illegal in Florida and, also, there is NO law that says you must turn your headlights on in the rain.
Yeah there is:

Reduced Visibility
You must turn on your low beam (dim) headlights when driving at any time between sunset and sunrise including the twilight hours between sunset and sunrise including the twilight hours between sunset and full night or between full night and sunrise. You must also use these lights during any rain, smoke or fog. Parking lights do not meet requirements of this law.

http://www.floridatrafficclasses.com/dhch3.ph...
Joey

West New York, NJ

#113 Jun 9, 2009
In regards to Whoopi's choice of dress. Why do you feel the need to be so negative and nasty. She is an individual with her own style
and it works for her. I sugguest people take a hint and develop their own style instead of tearing someone else apart. Whoopi is an icon, please show some respect.

An educated liberal who could care less how one dresses but cares about the human.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,235,012
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 min Murphey_Law 498,449
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 53,543
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 3 hr Anne 97,289
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 3 hr Murph 71,890
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 4 hr Broken Lance 4,545
The alphabet (Jun '06) 4 hr hal lucinations 1,350
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]