Ticked off!

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 22, 2009, titled Ticked off!. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

To the person that complained about people shuffling their feet. My husband has Parkinson's and that is the way he walks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 23, 2009
Angry Slowpoke wrote:
This is for the idiot on the motorcycle that passed me on Golfway Boulevard in Eastwood. This is a one-lane road—you CANNOT pass, especially on the right side. You are so lucky I didn't swerve and knock you off of your toy.
1) apparently he CAN pass on a one lane road. 2) if anyone is lucky you din't knock him off, its you. You think you wouldn't go to jail cause he was on hte shoulder? Wrong. 3) Why does it bother you that someone didn't sit behind you? Why the rage?
WTH

Oviedo, FL

#2 Apr 24, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> 1) apparently he CAN pass on a one lane road. 2) if anyone is lucky you din't knock him off, its you. You think you wouldn't go to jail cause he was on hte shoulder? Wrong. 3) Why does it bother you that someone didn't sit behind you? Why the rage?
Obviously one of those idiot riders.(No, I didn't say that ALL riders were idiots - I said this one.)

If you're riding in the shoulder & we just happen to "accidentally" roam into that lane - how is that OUR fault? It isn't. It's YOURS for operating a vehicle in a lane that ISN'T for riding. You're the reason riders get a bad name.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#3 Apr 24, 2009
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously one of those idiot riders.(No, I didn't say that ALL riders were idiots - I said this one.)
If you're riding in the shoulder & we just happen to "accidentally" roam into that lane - how is that OUR fault? It isn't. It's YOURS for operating a vehicle in a lane that ISN'T for riding. You're the reason riders get a bad name.
I am? Interesting. I don't ride, but I'm the reason ridrs get a bad name. You say "accidentally", but you mean on purpose. You have road rage because someone dares to go around you. You need help.
Elmer again

Lakeland, FL

#4 Apr 24, 2009
see, honey--i knew you'd be checking to see if I was actually working today;)
BBBOOORRRIIINNNGGG!!!!
vanessa

United States

#5 Apr 24, 2009
"Hey, cat owner morons! The term is "invasive species," not "evasive." It's no surprise you don't comprehend the concept. Cats are native to Asia and are NOT born to be outside in THIS country. They are not NATURAL predators of our NATIVE songbirds. NATIVE American humans were here long before cats were brought over. Are cat owners mentally challenged?"

Wow...relax.

Since: Jan 09

Deltona, FL

#7 Apr 24, 2009
I am ticked off that ticked off keeps putting up the same posts in a matter of a few days. Look at today's, 2 posts are pretty much the same thing. It's always someone complaining about cats or breastfeeding. Put up other people's posts that no one has chatted about the subject before.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Apr 24, 2009
Are cat owners mentally challenged?

"" Some are and some aren't...""I am the owner of a multi cat household,and,my property is screened over and around...and,we have a privacy fence that goes all the way around my property...my cats CANNOT roam,and,no other cats can get in...I also get angry when people say that they LOVE their cats,and then let them out to roam,get hit by cars,people shoot them,they get poisoned,other animals attack & kill them,etc.,etc...IF YOU LOVE YOUR ANIMALS...KEEP THEM IN THE HOUSE...There's a reason they are called HOUSECATS...
Multiple Cat Owner

United States

#9 Apr 24, 2009
If you think your cat belongs outside, then it really is just a tame wild animal that hangs around your house for food and a toilet. No other pet owner is allowed to let their animals roam free in city neighborhoods. Keep the invasive species indoors where it belongs or don't cry when it is hit by a car.
---
Hey, cat owner morons!... Cats are native to Asia and are NOT born to be outside in THIS country. They are not NATURAL predators of our NATIVE songbirds. NATIVE American humans were here long before cats were brought over. Are cat owners mentally challenged?
Well, you know cats... THEY don't think anyone owns them.

Anyway, if they want to be outside -- and they do, which is natural -- it's not worth the effort to stop them. They don't often kill anything, except squirrels that were probably dying anyway. I've had some cats get hit by cars in the past, but my current ones have been smart (or lucky) enough for years not to have that happen. I suppose people who are "into" their pets at an unhealthy level should keep them inside.
honey

Oviedo, FL

#10 Apr 24, 2009
Elmer again wrote:
cats....the other white meat!
elmer, elmer, elmer..........horses, cats..........the only perfect pet.......maddie
Cindy K

Pensacola, FL

#11 Apr 24, 2009
Multiple Cat Owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyway, if they want to be outside -- and they do, which is natural -- it's not worth the effort to stop them. They don't often kill anything, except squirrels that were probably dying anyway. I've had some cats get hit by cars in the past, but my current ones have been smart (or lucky) enough for years not to have that happen. I suppose people who are "into" their pets at an unhealthy level should keep them inside.
If they are YOUR cats, YOU should take care of them-indoors. Don't expect everyone else in the neighborhood to support and put up with your pets!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Apr 24, 2009
<quoted text>
""It seems to me that the first cat that you lost under the wheels of a car would have taught you a lesson,but,obviously not...My cats have the run of my whole house,AND,outside my whole property..."" I wish your poor cats luck,and,hope that they stay alive and not get killed by something...My oldest is 13yrs.old I believe my cats and myself are healthy as can be...That is what MY Doctor and MY Vet. say...lol...
LCR

Zephyrhills, FL

#13 Apr 24, 2009
Why all the hate on cats? Some people seem to loathe them. That is totally acceptable but if you say you don't like dogs you are an evil person. That's what I am ticked off about, double standards.
Amy Platon

Olla, LA

#14 Apr 24, 2009
I love the motorcycle comment! Amen to that!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#15 Apr 24, 2009
I suppose people who are "into" their pets at an unhealthy level should keep them inside.
So its unhealthy to want to keep them safe from getting hit by cars? So if I want to keep my toddler inside and not let him run free in the neighborhood, it means I am "into" my toddler at an unhealthy level?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#16 Apr 24, 2009
LCR wrote:
Why all the hate on cats? Some people seem to loathe them. That is totally acceptable but if you say you don't like dogs you are an evil person. That's what I am ticked off about, double standards.
You are misinterpreting. There is no hate on cats. There is hate on people letting their cats roam free. People letting there cats loose and getting angry when a car runs them over. In general, most people do not let their dogs loose in this manner and therefore, it is not an issue when it comes to dogs and dog owners.
SoSumi

AOL

#18 Apr 24, 2009
jewel_bells wrote:
I am ticked off that ticked off keeps putting up the same posts in a matter of a few days. Look at today's, 2 posts are pretty much the same thing. It's always someone complaining about cats or breastfeeding. Put up other people's posts that no one has chatted about the subject before.
Everybody missed the "Ticked Off" from Wed. Apr. 22. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/lifes... . There are a few different subjects mentioned, but hardly any comments made. You're right though, today's column is just the same old same old thing, except maybe for the guy passing on the right.
SoSumi

AOL

#21 Apr 24, 2009
SoSumi wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody missed the "Ticked Off" from Wed. Apr. 22. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/lifes... . There are a few different subjects mentioned, but hardly any comments made. You're right though, today's column is just the same old same old thing, except maybe for the guy passing on the right.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/lifes...
Gee Whiz

Orlando, FL

#22 Apr 24, 2009
I Like Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
I am? Interesting. I don't ride, but I'm the reason ridrs get a bad name. You say "accidentally", but you mean on purpose. You have road rage because someone dares to go around you. You need help.
Shut up already. You are freakin annoying. You and your buddy GatorGrad.
LinT

Kent, WA

#23 Apr 24, 2009
"This is for the idiot on the motorcycle that passed me on Golfway Boulevard in Eastwood. This is a one-lane road—you CANNOT pass, especially on the right side. You are so lucky I didn't swerve and knock you off of your toy."

yes, he is lucky that you did not murder him. your a retard.
J MAN

Midlothian, VA

#25 Apr 24, 2009
The people who are this stressed about people letting their cats loose need to relax and do what I do... Have a .22 rifle loaded and ready. I've gotten about half a dozen in the past year on my property, a few more and I can make a matching cat-skin hat and coat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min American Independent 1,685,771
News Police plan to ramp up security at Jackson Brow... 11 hr Dean 2
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 12 hr ANGHARAD 515,003
Tell Marla to Read This - Important! 15 hr MJMON62 3
last post wins! (Jul '11) 18 hr Princess Hey 6,073
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) Mon Princess Hey 23,138
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) Mon Princess Hey 13,087

Casselberry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Casselberry Mortgages