Gang Violence strong and active in Ca...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
old news

Minneapolis, MN

#21 May 15, 2009
turbonan wrote:
Ithink the city counsel needs to get off butts and start cracking down on all the crime
its COUNCIL NOT counsel
Honcho

United States

#22 May 18, 2009
old news wrote:
<quoted text>
no matter what a indian crooked or straight they will always be nice and ask for a smoke or money me i will always give when in need . and here is something a indian will say when they see you even if they dont know you, hey where are you going .:) thats ok
WTF??????
Matilda

Monticello, MN

#23 May 20, 2009
old news wrote:
<quoted text> Then why are you here worry about your own ! oh wait i forgot you either shacked up there with a winnebago or you are just bored no way you can be a ojibwe !!! we have reservations here ...
Winnebago? In Minnesota???? hahahaha You are a funny one,better bring out the history books and study honey, because I'm Mdewakanton-Dakota
Tribalmember

Bemidji, MN

#24 Jun 16, 2009
Leticia wrote:
<quoted text>Holaaaaay!!!! You notice I'm talking just rezzy like your new Chairman? Ho wah! I hear he won the tough man contest and bragged up about it to the Governor! Chriiii!!!! he's just tough uh? Your rez is the laughing stock,even more so than when the horny one was in office! Chriiii!!
Have you picked up the June issue of Leech Lakes' nemspaper 'debahjimon'? What a lot of bullshit by their Sec/Tres. In his report he points out all the over spending in the day labor program by $ 500,000, public works by $ 400.000, the legal dept. by $ 250.000 , special projects program $ 110.000 tribal council emergency assistance line items $ 161.000 for a total of $ 1,421.000 over spent in one year! Totally mismanaged and this band and it's members need to hold these that are responsible 'ACCOUNTABLE.' What are some of these programs? Special Projects? who works on these crews? Family members of the Council! Day Labor Program? What a Joke! TCEA Line Item? their own Elected Officials illegally over spending their Band Members Dollars? By whose Authority and Approval? Bongo goes on to point out his actions to save Band dollars and to point out that current division Directors are not doing their jobs,but what is he doing about it?
Tribalmember

Bemidji, MN

#25 Jun 16, 2009
Tribalmember wrote:
<quoted text>Have you picked up the June issue of Leech Lakes' nemspaper 'debahjimon'? What a lot of bullshit by their Sec/Tres. In his report he points out all the over spending in the day labor program by $ 500,000, public works by $ 400.000, the legal dept. by $ 250.000 , special projects program $ 110.000 tribal council emergency assistance line items $ 161.000 for a total of $ 1,421.000 over spent in one year! Totally mismanaged and this band and it's members need to hold these that are responsible 'ACCOUNTABLE.' What are some of these programs? Special Projects? who works on these crews? Family members of the Council! Day Labor Program? What a Joke! TCEA Line Item? their own Elected Officials illegally over spending their Band Members Dollars? By whose Authority and Approval? Bongo goes on to point out his actions to save Band dollars and to point out that current division Directors are not doing their jobs,but what is he doing about it?
oh one other note of interest their Sec/Tres. Mr Bongo has to be losing his mind! As I finished reading his report in the ending he was trying to justify his overwhelming support of native mob leader wakinyan mcarthur! What is Mr Bongo thinking? Not! It is very disturbing that LL's own top official is trying to make that community believe that "Con" (what he is called) is not active and not running the native mob there up north! What a disappointment in the voice of the LL people by their Elected Sec/Tres. What makes Mr bongo and his running mate think any school or parent would want, no make that let "Con" guide their kids or advise their kids? A known convicted murderer! A known Active gang leader! My understanding there are laws that protect our kids in a school setting LL Officials, with any known convicted Felon working in All Mn. State High Schools , Middle schools or Elementary. Leech Lake you will be at the mercy of this gang activity as long as your top officials and the area police forces support Mr. "Con" mcarthur and his members. Start at the top and get rid of these ignorant,self serving and corrupt officials and police chief and sgts' and local sheriffs and deputies!
White Earth watcher

Bemidji, MN

#26 Jun 16, 2009
Tribalmember wrote:
<quoted text>Have you picked up the June issue of Leech Lakes' nemspaper 'debahjimon'? What a lot of bullshit by their Sec/Tres. In his report he points out all the over spending in the day labor program by $ 500,000, public works by $ 400.000, the legal dept. by $ 250.000 , special projects program $ 110.000 tribal council emergency assistance line items $ 161.000 for a total of $ 1,421.000 over spent in one year! Totally mismanaged and this band and it's members need to hold these that are responsible 'ACCOUNTABLE.' What are some of these programs? Special Projects? who works on these crews? Family members of the Council! Day Labor Program? What a Joke! TCEA Line Item? their own Elected Officials illegally over spending their Band Members Dollars? By whose Authority and Approval? Bongo goes on to point out his actions to save Band dollars and to point out that current division Directors are not doing their jobs,but what is he doing about it?
Very good! Outstanding!
Jeff

Saint Cloud, MN

#27 Jun 16, 2009
no one cares about cass lake..irrelevent to anything in the native community
White Earth watcher

Bemidji, MN

#28 Jun 17, 2009
Jeff wrote:
Jeff, for your information this is Indian country. Dumb a--! And all the above does have everything to do with a native community.
Cass Laker

Redby, MN

#29 Jul 22, 2011
Matilda wrote:
<quoted text>The stabbings happen EVERYWHERE! not just YOUR rez! Why don't you get on with your life with your POOR ASS hubby?
hey are we talking about your town? no we aint so keep your nose out this business you punk
RED LAKER

Redby, MN

#30 Sep 22, 2011
Damn wtf is wrong with you people, always got something to say, even in other comment topixz
damn get over it, CASS LAKE? its only a city and so is RED LAKE haha nobody aint bad about there communitys, like me i aint being so bad after the red lake high school shooting happen even cass lakers, they aint being bad after in 2005 in CASS LAKE when there was 4 murders and that one 20 year old mike who got beatin to death, its all based on facts, live it learn it and deal with it... theres no need to be gettin mad over trynna start a battle grow up people..
RED LAKER

Redby, MN

#31 Sep 22, 2011
Jeff wrote:
forreal i agree i mean im from cass lake, yeah who cares about us, we aint being bad about shootings,.. so stop talkin haha
asian

Bemidji, MN

#32 Oct 14, 2011
Lets make a amendment to allow Asians to run...citing ancestral lineage...we're good with numbers...we'll have the rez out of the red and into the black in no time...
nomad

Hastings, MN

#33 Jan 25, 2012
Gangs and violence exist everywhere. Native Mob, Mexican Mafia, MS13, Crips, Bloods, Lords, etc... I have been all over this state and met many a native on many diff rez's, they aint all bad. Just like any other race, you have good and bad apples. to collectively blame Natives as a whole is just wrong. I agree there are issues that need to be resolved but lets be realistic.

I have friends and family on and around the LL rez, "holy waa", "nay", "ick no", "not even", etc. are just a few of the things you will hear come out of a true native's mouth. It doesn't show ignorance, just poor grammar. And for the most part The natives I know and have met are all good people and just have a lot of pride in their culture.
realNativePride

Minneapolis, MN

#34 Mar 15, 2012
Yanno, it is hard to think that LLBO is going to crack down on Gangs--when it is the Chairman LaRose Brothers who run them too--
fukthafeds

Cass Lake, MN

#35 May 7, 2012
its native mob till tha world blow up cass lake maifa worlds took over.!!!they cant bring us dwn

“fighting solves everything!!! ”

Since: Dec 10

RIGHT HERE!?

#36 Jun 2, 2012
gangs are like diseases, they get more resilient. just the truth.....
Necroposter

Havre, MT

#37 Nov 13, 2012
Just had to bring this one back from the dead and ask how the gang problem has been going lately?
LLR member

Brainerd, MN

#38 Jan 25, 2013
nomad wrote:
Gangs and violence exist everywhere. Native Mob, Mexican Mafia, MS13, Crips, Bloods, Lords, etc... I have been all over this state and met many a native on many diff rez's, they aint all bad. Just like any other race, you have good and bad apples. to collectively blame Natives as a whole is just wrong. I agree there are issues that need to be resolved but lets be realistic.
I have friends and family on and around the LL rez, "holy waa", "nay", "ick no", "not even", etc. are just a few of the things you will hear come out of a true native's mouth. It doesn't show ignorance, just poor grammar. And for the most part The natives I know and have met are all good people and just have a lot of pride in their culture.
Its not poor grammar but broken grammar but ours never the less and what makes us unique.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cass Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bemidji Music Thread (Oct '13) Jul 10 Musikologist 10
Debate: Marijuana - Cass Lake, MN (Jan '11) Jun '15 dakota 14
Native Americans are Superior to the White Man (Nov '09) Jun '15 dakota 37
News Ex-Worker Shot Dead In Altercation At Bemidji R... Jun '15 Fundie Fatwazz De... 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
News Indians feud over $2.4M loan (Feb '11) Apr '15 Notamused 3
tract 33,, the good ole days (Feb '07) Mar '15 Swty Eddie 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cass Lake Mortgages