City in Wyoming: Anti-gay message wil...

City in Wyoming: Anti-gay message will stay

There are 1630 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 20, 2010, titled City in Wyoming: Anti-gay message will stay. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Casper officials say an anti-gay sign painted on a homeowner's fence near a high school will be allowed to remain because there's nothing the city can or should do about it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 82
Next Last
Jim Sadler

United States

#3 Apr 20, 2010
I love that guy who painted the message. It's definitely better to make social commentary than it is to attire oneself as Mick Jagger.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
not surprised

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2010
Lets all move there.
Stan Franton

Saratoga Springs, NY

#5 Apr 20, 2010
But it sure is FUN !

:)
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#9 Apr 20, 2010
Ignorance is far more deadly then homosexuality......good luck dude.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wasup

Mccoy, CO

#17 Apr 20, 2010
Bigotry, hatred and intolerance are alive and well in Casper, WY.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bob

Hastings, MN

#21 Apr 20, 2010
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and if people don't like the sign then close your eyes you'll get over it.
George

Marshall, VA

#22 Apr 20, 2010
Bob wrote:
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing and if people don't like the sign then close your eyes you'll get over it.
YUP! If those IDIOTS from Westboro Churche can do it...
Emperor Norton The Second

Danville, CA

#25 Apr 20, 2010
Sure you guys can have your sign, But maybe my sign will say "the pope is a child rapist-enabler" and "George Bush and the republican party murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and bankrupted the country and you are worried who I s-c-r-e-w?"
GWB was right

Delano, MN

#26 Apr 20, 2010
IF everyone were "Gay" 110 years ago there would be no-one left today to be "Gay".
Traditional Values

Brownsville, TX

#27 Apr 20, 2010
The founding fathers would have put these gays head in a vice and mocked and stoned them in a public .
Emperor Norton The Second

Danville, CA

#28 Apr 20, 2010
Yes, but this country was founded by religious freaks.

Traditional Values wrote:
The founding fathers would have put these gays head in a vice and mocked and stoned them in a public .
GWB was right

Delano, MN

#29 Apr 20, 2010
Emperor Norton The Second wrote:
Sure you guys can have your sign, But maybe my sign will say "the pope is a child rapist-enabler" and "George Bush and the republican party murdered hundreds of thousands of Iraqis and bankrupted the country and you are worried who I s-c-r-e-w?"
Sure you guys can have your sign, But maybe my sign will say "the Allah is a child rapist-enabler" and "Barrak Obama and the democratic party murdered hundreds of thousands of Afganis and bankrupted the country and you are worried who I s-c-r-e-w?"

arjay

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Apr 20, 2010
Emperor Norton The Second wrote:
Yes, but this country was founded by religious freaks.
<quoted text>
Actualy our founding fathers for the most part were humanists, Washington, Jefferson, both Adams. The penn. deligation was very quaker heavy, but the had Ben Franklin as a humanist as well.
I think most people would be suprised that we as a nation are far more religouse than this nation was at its conception.
I personly have no problem w/ homosexuality, its not a choice, you are born that way, plain and simple, some may be confused, but the vast majority are born gay. The fact is is, it is the one group of our population which still does not have equal rights. So you argue that they are to small of a % of the population to worry about, well then the NRA falls in the same category, as more people are openly gay than are members of said political orginization. As well that % does not count the married closet cases that we all here about in reststop/airport bathrooms.

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#33 Apr 20, 2010
That's what I'm talking about.

Since: Jul 08

El Paso, TX

#34 Apr 20, 2010
Panopticon wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is slowly being destroyed by deviant liberal freaks!
And that is the truth. Liberalism knows no bounds.
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#35 Apr 20, 2010
Jitney wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is the truth. Liberalism knows no bounds.
The founding fathers were liberals

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Danbury Baptist Association, CT., Jan. 1, 1802
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#36 Apr 20, 2010
more Jefferson

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes.
-Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, Dec. 6, 1813.
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#37 Apr 20, 2010
The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#38 Apr 20, 2010
Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.
-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814
Come on now

Colusa, CA

#39 Apr 20, 2010
Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp, 30 July, 1816

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 82
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casper Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
single girls to text me (Oct '11) Feb 21 NBA_GANG 31
Katie martin Feb 18 Muscle man 2
A Court Order Feb 15 Tim Shey 1
Casper weirdness encounters Jan 27 Ziggy 2
News Smoking ban staying in Casper Jan '17 yeap 1
News Attorney, former judge teach university class f... Jan '17 Nick 2
looking for a nice gay bar in casper (Dec '10) Jan '17 Serialcali 7

Casper Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance