Cashion investigation

Cashion investigation

There are 569 comments on the KFOR story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Cashion investigation. In it, KFOR reports that:

At the Cashion town hall, a desk sits empty. The person who usually sits there, and another city employee, are under investigation for possible embezzlement of city funds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

hmmm

Yukon, OK

#125 Mar 2, 2011
Isaiah 65:16-17
Matthew 7:1-2
justone

Kingfisher, OK

#126 Mar 14, 2011
So, I have read most of the thread! Cashion has a really big problem now. If anyone on here has actually attended a board meeting lately, they would be astonished. The town is ran by idiots that don't know how to run a meeting correctly. The mayor and one other board member are great, however the other board member has announced that he will not run next time.
The mayor pretty much has his hands tied, two of the board members are dirty liars.
One thinks he is in charge of everything and is extremely rude to everyone. He works at Wal-Mart as a shelf stocker, however he believes he is above everyone else. The other board member is a fork lift operator. These two board members are going behind the other members, spreading false rumors about the mayor and other town employees. They are trying to get people to help them take over, which would be bad. The fork lift operator board member also stated that he would like to make it to where the fire department could only go to fires within city limits. Thats messed up!!
They have hired an ambulance director that doesn't have a clue what she is doing and will eventually end up killing someone or hurting someone severely. They are ganging up against the fire department. They have had problems in the past with the previous fire chief, but now there is a young man in there that is trying his best to get things lined up. From what I have heard, he is doing a damn good job cleaning up years of mess, but is having a hard time because he is having to work against the two board members and their followers.
Another problem Cashion has is there is a couple busy-bodies that seem to love causing conflict. One stated the other day that she followed the fire chief out of town, in his on personal vehicle and watched him plow. Which, I don't know who is plowing right now, but isnt that stalking??
Anyway, I just think all the stuff with the previous Fire Chief is in the past. The issues they are dealing with now need to be resolved before these idiots take over the town..
So true

United States

#127 Mar 14, 2011
I couldn't agree more justone....but I will say there are more than two (as I'm sure you have seen on here) that like to stir trouble!!(wwjd, live horse to name two) It's sad that the past can't remain in the past. I'm pretty sure that the new Fire Chief is being lynched by the actions of the former....same thing, some people can't move on!
justone

Kingfisher, OK

#128 Mar 14, 2011
Well, not only is the new fire chief getting lynched, but also the previous one after Danny. For the town to run him off, was completely crazy, he was a great guy and was also doing all he could to help the town and fire department. When he quit and the new one got on, for a few months the town was loving him, but once they realized he wasnt going to be the puppet of the two idiots on the board, then things went bad.
The things I have heard said about the mayor and his family has been sad. Its all coming from the two board members, they are trying to ruin all his accredibility, so they can get the people on the board that they want. The WalMart shelf stocker thinks that he is going to be mayor, he has no experience in management or anything that would qualify him for that position. The mayor needs to be someone that has the town's best interest in mind, its not a position for someone that is seeking a power trip. He is rude and talks down to everyone.
I believe that several of the members terms will be up in April, hopefully we can get someone in there that will do good. The bad thing is that nobody wants to take on that headache.
I don't know how meetings are legally suppose to run or any of the legalities of board members, but from the few meetings I have attended, they break several rules. Also, how do I find out if there is training that members are suppose to do as a member?
Too Funny

United States

#129 Mar 14, 2011
OMAG or OML would be who you would ask. There ARE people that could be better beneficial to the town...but most people that have the experience and professionalism don't live in the city limits
justone

Kingfisher, OK

#130 Mar 14, 2011
That is true and they don't want to be annexed in!!
wwjd

United States

#131 Mar 17, 2011
what do you expect some people in this town have nothing better to do but sit back and want things done but don't want to step forward and take some responsbility . They would rather some one else do it so they can sit back and point fingers. BE GLAD THERE IS A FIRE CHIEF, BE GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE RUNNING THE AMBULANCE SERVICE. IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER AMBULANCE SERVICE ALONG TIME TO GET HERE AND YOU WOULD BE DEAD. QUIT BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.L
justone

Thomas, OK

#132 Mar 18, 2011
wwjd wrote:
what do you expect some people in this town have nothing better to do but sit back and want things done but don't want to step forward and take some responsbility . They would rather some one else do it so they can sit back and point fingers. BE GLAD THERE IS A FIRE CHIEF, BE GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE RUNNING THE AMBULANCE SERVICE. IT WOULD TAKE ANOTHER AMBULANCE SERVICE ALONG TIME TO GET HERE AND YOU WOULD BE DEAD. QUIT BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING IF YOU DONT LIKE IT.L
I am not sitting back and just not doing anything. I think the Fire Chief is doing a great job. I really appreciate all the guys that are volunteering their time to be on the department also. They don't have to do that. As far as the ambulance department goes....I am glad we have a department, I am just not happy with the director. I think that it should go back to being under the fire department. It was saving the town a lot of money and the quality of service was a lot better. The first month that she was directing it, I thought she was great, but she isn't and they need to find someone else to do it. Look at the turnover rate of the ambulance department, there has been some really great people on the department and none of them are here now, because of her. One other thing that bothers me, it was stated that at one of the town board meetings Jeff Beutler asked the fire chief and the interim ambulance director if they could get their difference in order and work together. The fire chief said he would be willing to do everything he could, the ambulance director never said a word. From the mouths of previous EMTs, she told them not to talk to any of the fire deparment guys and would get onto them if they did, you call that working together? Their purpose is to service the individuals of this town. She needs to get over her little power trip and let the fire department guys help her. They are more than willing!! I am sorry if something I said has offended you, I am not intending for that at all. I am just frustrated with not being able to do anything. It's like having your hands tied or something. I am sure that you feel the same, I just wish that enough people would stand up and realize that pride isn't as important as people's lives.
cashion

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#133 Mar 18, 2011
I love this site!! you can spread whatever garbage you want with out anyone Refuting (to prove something to be false or somebody to be in error, either through logical argument or by providing evidence to the contrary) it's so awsome!!
justsayin

United States

#134 Mar 19, 2011
So far, I haven't read anything that isn't true. Go to a town board meeting and you will see what is happening. We have got to stop this nonsense and get our town back on track so we can grow and attract new businesses.
wwjd

United States

#135 Mar 20, 2011
I think you have hit the nail on the head. There are certain people that don't want the town to grow and have even stated that in meetings. If they keep bitching it keeps everything stirred up and nothing gets done. The fire department did have a lot of good fire people and I am sorry to see them ran off or just get enough of the whole mess. I have never understood putting a chief in charge of men that have been trained but he has done. how is he suppose to tell them what to do. Also the omg can answer a lot of questions you have and they are more than willing to help. The ambulance service should be an extention of the fire department there should not be all the fighting, everybody should be together doing what is best for the peopole. It sounds like you justsayin has a good head on your shoulders. need more people around that think like you.
Fire Chiefs Wife

Kingfisher, OK

#136 Apr 3, 2011
I just found out about this site, I haven't read back too far - leaving the past right were it needs to be. The few that I had read did make several good points, there was some pretty mean stuff also said. My biggest thought right now, is the fact that we need to all come together some how. I am not orignally from Cashion, but of all the places I have lived, it is an amazing community will several great people. The more we do united, the more we will get done! Its very hard to get down the river when we have oars going in different directions.
I am sure nobody really cares about my opinion, but I feel I am just as entitled as any one else. I am not getting on here to bash anyone or any department or board. I think that we never really know all that is entailed in a situation unless we are directly involved, anything else would be hearsay or assumptions.
As for what was said about the town board members, if anyone thinks they can do a better job, they need to run for a seat instead of running their mouths and not doing anything else. I am not always happy with decisions or comments made by them, but are not always happy with everything in our lives. The funny thing is that we don't ever hear about the good things people do - only the bad. I think people today focus on negative and they miss the positive things in the process.
Town Elections are Tuesday night, along with the normal town board meeting. I know some people avoid going to the meetings because they are worried about drama or don't think that it will make any difference if they go or not. I encourage as many people to go as possible. How are we going to make changes if the changes are not brought in front of the board.
Jennifer Robinson
cashion2

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#137 Apr 4, 2011
As I read some of these ridiculous posts, I can’t help but think of how fitting the phrase,“You can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.”
What a relief when the town of Cashion FINALLY rid ourselves of a dishonest, bullying, embezzling Fire Chief. Sadly, we find ourselves back in the same situation with our current Fire Chief. The town board hired a cattle farmer with NO experience what so ever in ANY Emergency Services, as he was the ONLY applicant. This shameful & dangerous lack of experience and knowledge is evident in our town on a DAILY basis. Our current Fire Chief is certainly not being lynched for the past crimes of Danny Clark, we want rid of him simply & clearly because he has shown himself to be JUST as dishonest as Danny Clark. His job performance over the past 10 months has been a disgrace to this town. Almost a year later & he has little, to no more education than he started with. What a shame since he is paid more than any other city employee & has less experience than all of them. Perhaps instead of worrying about budgetary issues he should start with small and basic steps, like showing up to work and learning how to accurately & legally fill out a timesheet. If we are paying him to work while he is actually on multiple trips out of state (per his own families account) that is by definition embezzlement. Shades of Danny Clark.
After months and months of avoiding any Fire Department duties he is suddenly on a “Chance Robinson Propaganda campaign”. I believe as a town, we have all seen more than enough of his moral and ethical character to know when we are most certainly looking at a “pig”. Perhaps a new Town Board will learn from this disastrous Fire Chief and make the simple change our town desperately needs and deserves!!!!
lawebb

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#138 Apr 4, 2011
The other day in a town meeting I heard Chantz Robinson say we need to forget the past, oddly now his wife is echoing those very same words. His past behavior is the very reason we need to get him out of our fire dept. & town right now!
Fire Chiefs Wife

Okeene, OK

#139 Apr 5, 2011
This is another way for people to spread garbage about things they don't have proof of and don't have to the guts to put their name behind what they say - because they are full of crap!
Fire Chief Supporter

Oklahoma City, OK

#140 Apr 5, 2011
First off our Fire Chief has saved this town alot of money. He is in no way like Danny Clark. Chantz works his ass off to help our community and im sick of all the bull shit talk about him. He is a great person and a hard worker, he is loyal and respectable. He is doing so much for this town that he does not half to do and all people want to do is talk shit on the computer and not have the balls to confront him personally face to face. Stop being a coward and go to him with your concerns and listen to what he has to say. thats the problem with this town everyone wants to start rumors and talk shit but never back it up. I support our Fire Chief he is a very smart man and is doing everything he can to learn more about this job and how he can better himself as well as our fire department. Instead of talking shit go to him and help him tell him your concerns and your opinions and help our community.
Kyle Robinson
WDF

Oklahoma City, OK

#141 Apr 5, 2011
The Town Hall Meeting is this evening.I believe it is the best forum for raising questions about the experience and or lack of experience Town Employees have. Why would anyone be shocked the Fire Chief has no experience, my heavens the Town Clerk has none as well. It is a pattern and seems to show abuse of Towns funds. Show up and vote tonight!!! Every vote counts( or would in a real election) who knows if they even count the votes in Cashion.
Fire Dept supporter

Kingfisher, OK

#142 Apr 5, 2011
People in this town have way to much time on there hands. The fire chief has elemenated most of kingfisher county debt and made plans to get rid of almost 200,000 dollars of debt for the town. Two board members are more than likely going to shoot that down cause they dont care about the town. The only reason them two are on the board is cause their like sucks and they want to make like hard for everyone else. The fire dept has done so much to help this town and be there when needed. All the nice trucks are for the people of cashion. Not to mention the money the fire dept saves people. If you dont think they save you money contact your insurance agent. The ISO is a 4 but it was an 8 in the past that saves over a million dollars for the people in the coverage area. The ambulance director is another story for the fact that it takes them 30 min to get to a call 4 miles out of town or 12 min for a call in town people would be better off calling kingfisher. The response times when Chuck was around were very quick but the board had to run him off. Jeff he goes around thinking he has all this power over the town but by law he has NO athority but in a board meeting. If people are so concered with the fire dept the go ask questions they have a meeting every third wed of each month.
Takeout the trash already

Union City, OK

#143 Apr 5, 2011
Cashion’s “Fire Chief” is a joke. Maybe we should check his facts about all this money he is saving the town. It won’t be the first or last time he’s bald faced lied to the town. As for his response times, it took him 27 minutes to get to a fire behind town hall in the middle of the day. The PD, Town Clerk, EMS and town citizens worked to put out the fire. Maybe that’s part of the reason Guthrie didn’t want him as their Fire Chief, he’s an idiot that should go back to his cows and really save this town some money. He and his family know it’s the truth otherwise why have his daddy try to buy people off in town? Because he can’t stand on his own merit, he doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing other than stealing a paycheck each month.
Support for Fire Chief

Union City, OK

#144 Apr 5, 2011
Kudos to Chantz....you are an exceptional man and go above and beyond your "duty"...THANK YOU, don't worry about these morons...wait...if they have so much time and experience, let THEM cut the debt and run the force....HA HA HA....now THAT would be worth complaining about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cashion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Philadelphia Church of God way overboard with i... (Apr '10) 5 hr Beaks 75
Elizabeth Goett is an Idiot (Oct '16) Jul 14 Jamie Dundee 14
charles dutton (Jun '11) Jul 14 Duttonsdaughter 27
Courtney Hayworth-Johnson (Nov '15) Jul 6 4eva 15
Brad Cordis Jun 29 Simply red 1
News Amber Alert Issued For Infant Abducted Near Cas... (Jul '14) Feb '16 Pam Dixon 2
Brand New Police Cars????? (Sep '15) Oct '15 Cowboy 7

Cashion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cashion Mortgages