Cashion investigation

Cashion investigation

There are 569 comments on the KFOR story from Nov 11, 2009, titled Cashion investigation. In it, KFOR reports that:

At the Cashion town hall, a desk sits empty. The person who usually sits there, and another city employee, are under investigation for possible embezzlement of city funds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFOR.

Kim

United States

#460 Jul 6, 2011
wa wa wrote:
oh please, your daddy and sister can keep their money, nobody wants it
Won't identify yourself...well then you should change your name to 'chicken shit'!! Bahahahahaha...I have no comment on your post. As I said, I have no desire to deal with stupid people.
Really

Dallas, TX

#461 Jul 6, 2011
To Wa Wa.... That's entertaining. After all of those valid points, that was what you chose to diss about? This love affair/jealousy for the Robinsons has got to be keeping them entertained over the family dinner table.! We have heard one of the biggest Robinson haters use to be part of the family. Guess he's mad that he got cut off. Actually the Robinson family is one of the most generous families we know. Thank you for all you do for your community Robinson bunch! Hey, if they want to, I sure will take a little.
Now the consequences

United States

#462 Jul 6, 2011
So, now we are where we are, that being with an unarmed fire department due to the lack of experience and qualifications. Where does that put us now? Let's break it down... Cashion has now called in for all mutual aid for EVERY SINGLE CALL, these other towns are being called right off the bat to come to accidents and fires that our old fire department could handle on their own (yet our mayor is quoted saying that they are more qualified than our previous firemen). Basically what that means for you is that you need to look at the map and see how far you are from the other fire departments that have the equipment it takes to assist you. Most of us are exactly 20-25 minutes ether direction from point A to point B. Do the math. Is it okay with you that you will have to wait at least 30 minutes for help when a week ago we had responses in 10 minutes? This whole situation is a major liability for our town in many ways. What is going to happen if God forbid someone dies because our board got rid of tenured volunteers and put in place others that cannot start a truck or fill out basic paperwork. No matter how you personally feel about some of the people who volunteered previously, at least they knew what they were doing, could operate the machinery and could complete any necessary documents required to serve the community. There are hundreds of people in and around this community that are not willing to sacrifice their home or family member just to let the board fulfill some sort of personal agenda. Mutual aid is not supposed to be used for situations like this. Cashion is abusing the system once again. It is on the community now to stand up to these bullies and protect their neighbors. It is so easy to sit idle and let things happen and gripe if we do not like it, but it is going to take effort on each individuals part to stand up for what is right. If I had a legitimate reason for these decisions and a valid course of action to protect my home and family I would not feel the need to speak up, but I have yet to hear anything more than, "shhh, or no comment." How many of you out there are okay with 5 people changing the course of your lives without having to answer a single question.
Todd Miller

Oklahoma City, OK

#463 Jul 7, 2011
Hi. I'm Todd Miller. I'm hiding my name from you in the "name" section of my post. Most people who do things like this are called paranoid. But, not me. This is the internet. It's a new day of communication and honesty. I don't need to substantiate my opinions by actually telling people who I am. For me, this makes it a lot easier to act with absolute autonomy without the bothersome need to prove any of my opinions....just like junior high.

Rome was built in a day. There are aliens at Area 51. The government is converting waste water plants into large prison camps. The Rothschilds own the world. Elvis is alive.
Ann

Oklahoma City, OK

#464 Jul 7, 2011
I am so disgusted it is beyond words. The Mayor and Board have made terrible, unjustified, dangerous, mean and possibly life threatening decisions for you, for me, for your family, for my family and for all we own.

How could they do this to the very people that trusted in their competence.

It is disgust that I and every person I have been contacted by feel. Not to mention fear. We now are in fear in our own homes. Not to mention when leaving our homes. Will they be there upon our return?

I want answers and by god we deserve them.
what do we have to do

Kingfisher, OK

#465 Jul 7, 2011
Someone please tell us what we have to do to get this board out and lets begin the process!! It's too late to take blame for not doing anyting to keep them from getting in there, a lot of people trusted them when they said they had our best interest in mind. We are seeing a clearer picture now.
Freddie is so concerned about the experience of the previous firefighters-they proved to everyone that they were more than capable, willing and able to handle any situation thrown at them. What's Freddie Baker's experience? I will give it to her, she sure knows how to make flowers grow, but beyond that?
The reason they are not giving an answer for what they have done, is because they don't have one. They are spreading lies to try and make everyone think there is some big exposure going to come out, truth is they are still trying to find anything and everything they can to justify what they have done. They won't find anything folks! The firefighters and chief were all professional guys, anyone that wasn't, was not allowed on the department for those reasons.
Another thing, if they knew what they were doing was right, they wouldn't have to go into hiding and they would stand up and justify their decisions. How long are these other towns going to cover our asses?? It costs them money and time. Another thing, they need us and our equipment to help them and we aren't there. That is pretty selfish..
do you feel protected

United States

#466 Jul 7, 2011
Do those of you on here that are supporing the Town Board's decision really feel protected? The Ambulance service is a joke and has proven time and time again that they are incompitent under the leadership of Kelli Kimble. The "old" Fire department saved their bacon numerous times on calls, now who is going to help them? Now the "new" fire dept is nothing but a joke. A surrounding fire dept has been doing training the last few days and invited the "new" Cashion FD to train and Cashion has never shown up. There have been numerous calls the last few days that surrounding dept's have had to respond to, maybe they should be getting the tax dollars instead of Cashion! Cashion FD was notified to help with a Cashion grass fire by a surrounding FD. The call went unanswered for quit some time, then when answered they said, "sorry, everyone is at work". People... this is dangerous!! We are unprotected! What happens if these surrounding dept's are on fire calls in their own areas and can't respond to ours? Cashion had another fire in town today, once again no answer from Cashion so they had to wait for Crescent. Do you think it will be one of you Cashion FD haters that loses your home or life.... oh probably not!
do you feel protected

United States

#467 Jul 7, 2011
Who in their right minds would get rid of a fire dept before a fully trained and staffed one is in place.... NOT CASHION!!! The Town Board should be removed on being idiots alone!

Those of you who said, the 'Old" FD is splashed across the news giving our town a bad name.. WAKE UP, everyone in the State of Oklahoma is wondering what kind of home grown political idiots we have in Cashion! THE Town Board has not give Cashion a bad name, just themselves!! The community of Cashion is as strong and repected as ever!!
crazy stuff

Kingfisher, OK

#468 Jul 7, 2011
We all need to have a meeting and discuss what steps we can take to rid the town of the board... what do you have to do to use the school? Or is there any other building big enough?? Lets get the ball rolling people... another thing, who can we get on the board from town limits? We need some good people on there that have the town's best interest in mind. Also, there is now a vacancy on the board, replacing former Brian Smith. What are the steps to fill that, or do they just appoint another one of their friends? Maybe they should put Brandon Pughe on there, that would be about right for their mentality..
clear this up

Kingfisher, OK

#469 Jul 7, 2011
can someone please confirm a rumor I just heard that the new fire chief has already quit? if its not true please let me know if it is true --- oh wow she does have some brains. why would anyone in their right mind want to go out there with people that are not trained? the town put her, the firefighters and the towns' people at risk by sending them out with others that dont have a clue what they are doing. why would she take on that kind of liability unless the board flat out lied to her about the position and her firefigters quailifications?
What a shame

Texarkana, TX

#470 Jul 7, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it's true. However I haven't found confirmation of it yet. I do have to agree with you though, I hope she has found her sense and quit before she finds herself in a liability or heaven forbid even a wrongful death suit. Because that is where this whole mess is headed if the board continues to allow untrained fire fighters serve our community and if we have to continue to rely on mutual aid. I pray that it doesn't come to that, however if anybody dies in this process everyone one the current fire department, the current EMS employees, and the town board will all be sued in a wrongful death suit. And trust me that will cost the town way more than the $35,000 a year they were paying Chantz. So my personal opinion? Reinstate the old firefighters and chief before we all pay with our tax dollars, possessions, and possibly even someone's life.
heres something else

Kingfisher, OK

#471 Jul 7, 2011
What a shame wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it's true. However I haven't found confirmation of it yet. I do have to agree with you though, I hope she has found her sense and quit before she finds herself in a liability or heaven forbid even a wrongful death suit. Because that is where this whole mess is headed if the board continues to allow untrained fire fighters serve our community and if we have to continue to rely on mutual aid. I pray that it doesn't come to that, however if anybody dies in this process everyone one the current fire department, the current EMS employees, and the town board will all be sued in a wrongful death suit. And trust me that will cost the town way more than the $35,000 a year they were paying Chantz. So my personal opinion? Reinstate the old firefighters and chief before we all pay with our tax dollars, possessions, and possibly even someone's life.
After they voted to remove Chantz's pay, he agreed to stay on as volunteer. So, they would have had the same coverage without the 35k expense. Which from what I am seeing, the money wasn't an issue at all. They were just using it because they thought he would quit if they stopped paying him. His whole reason for doing what he was doing was to help people, just like all the other guys. They deserve so much more than the treatment they are getting from this board..
Ann

Oklahoma City, OK

#472 Jul 7, 2011
YES we need a meeting of the town people
Ann

Oklahoma City, OK

#473 Jul 7, 2011
Many feel this could be life or death. I know 100 people tried to get into town hall. The school without the Board is a great idea.
Todd Miller

Oklahoma City, OK

#474 Jul 7, 2011
The board appoints new members to itself. They don't have to have anybody trust in their competence.

They don't have to have an answer. Technically, they aren't required to give anybody outside the city limits any kind of answer...on anything. So, they are acting in "the town's" best interest (by their definition of that phrase) but not necessarily in the best interest of the community as a whole, which they receive tax money from.

Any town that responds to our calls can file for reimbursement. So, yes, it costs them time but, technically, they can get paid for it.

The way to grow flowers is buy raw Miracle Grow and put a spoonful of it on your plants once a week, then water it in.
Todd Miller

Oklahoma City, OK

#475 Jul 7, 2011
About a hundred people tried to get into town hall. Not 1000.

Now that the school is officially part of the town (which is NOT the way it was set up back in the day....let your mind wander as you consider why it was done that way...it shouldn't take long to arrive at the correct conclusion) it would be overwhelmingly difficult to separate one from the other.
Todd Miller

Oklahoma City, OK

#476 Jul 7, 2011
Ann,

I misread your post. You did, in fact, say "100" people. I apologize for correcting you.
Ann

Oklahoma City, OK

#477 Jul 7, 2011
Ok I think a meeting at the school for residence, not a town meeting but a meeting of the town was a great idea. I also received flyers from board members prior to the last election asking me to vote for them. So now I am confused.The board is voted on postions, is it not?
Interesting

Dallas, TX

#478 Jul 7, 2011
A surrounding Fire Dept came to Cashion today to train our "more experienced" fireman on how to use their own equipment. Took them an hour to get the ladder up without help. At a grass fire the other day, Lawerence and Kelli showed up in their private vehicle and started stomping on the fire. The new fireman showed up at a wreck with brush pumpers. Cashion has ignored numerous requests for assistance with surrounding fires AND for fires in their own districts!! Kelli called off Big 4 and deer creek at the trailer fire and said she had it covered, just to have to wait for Crescent. This is an accident waiting to happen! We have got to do something!!
Kim

Okeene, OK

#479 Jul 7, 2011
Ann,
It is my understanding that if a seat becomes vacant during the middle of a term for whatever reason, then it is existing board members that will vote on the replacement. When that seats' original term is up, it will go to a vote of the public. So obviously the problem with that is the current board members will vote in another idiot.

As to the other posts about organizing a meeting of the citizens....it is in the process of being arranged now. I'm sure most people will hear about it as soon as it is confirmed. There are also people working on a petition now calling for a re-vote of the board members. It is my understanding the an attorney is being consulted regarding the wording so that there is no chance of it being challenged. I believe that in order to get a re-vote, we have to have the petition supported by 25% of the voters. That should be a cinch! However, I have heard that only 25% is required of the actual number of voters that originally voted for the board...and that was only 12 people. If that's true, than we technically only need 3 people. Since I know for a fact that we will have WAY more than 3 people signing the petition, then I think it is going to make a hell of a statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cashion Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christians ( Stand Strong ) Acts 2 38 Feb 8 stand strong 1
News UCO student group rescinds invitation to Christ... Feb 8 unrealityshow 1
News Rally at state Capitol on Saturday draws hundreds Feb 6 Bob 1
Review: Stoneridge Acres Stables (Oct '10) Feb 6 Karen Bannon 5
News Religion briefs for Feb. 3 Feb 3 inyerbreifs 1
News Crowds awed as massive bridge span swings into ... Jan 30 Bob Up 2
Philadelphia Church of God way overboard with i... (Apr '10) Jan 24 Anonymous 82

Cashion Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cashion Mortgages