Chris Balk

Grand Coulee, WA

#1 Aug 26, 2007
I am trying to find a nice home in Moses Lake, for me and my children. I would like a nice neighbor hood for my children to grow up in. I found a house on wheeler road, but somebody told me there is "whore houses" all over wheeler road? Is this true?
farmboy_7

Wenatchee, WA

#2 Aug 30, 2007
It's funny how history just hangs on.

For years I heard the same thing and of course commented about it anytime we drove by... but, "supposedly" the town of Wheeler was where some women used to operate and use their colored lights on the porch to attract customers.

Wheeler was nothing 25 years ago and it's still nothing. If the home you're looking at is on Wheeler Road and not at Wheeler itself... and of course at least a couple of miles away... buck up and don't sweat it. You've obviously seen what kind of growth is going on along Wheeler Road and that means your investing into an area that's at least growing. Take a look at the news and watch how the rest of the country crumbles for housing.

Raise your kids well and teach them right. When they're old enough and they begin to have questions about Wheeler, then you address it. There's a lot more influence in their schools and just walking through some stores that they will have to deal with then they will EVER have to deal with in Wheeler. If the rumors are true... they're probably 83 years old now and dusty all over and you won't have to worry about that until they're teens.(eeeegggaaaaddddddd!!!!) Like I said... by then, you should have them educated and heading the RIGHT way down Wheeler Road.

Now... If when you were talking about a house on Wheeler Road and it's actually a part of that little grain town... then I would find somewhere else.

Moses is a great place to live (and be born!). I grew up 140 miles from there, graduated and moved here to Quincy. The more you put into your community, the more that you get out of it (and see it's true colors!) Service, Service, Service... teach the kids that and they will see Wheeler for what it really is (once again... IF it's true)... and look beyond it.

>> OUCH! <<

Sorry, I just fell off my soap box.

I wish you well. I actually have relatives out that direction that farm and my mom and dad are resting just a couple of miles to the south.

Good luck and God bless!

Scott
DM Johnson

Denton, TX

#3 Sep 26, 2007
Yes always has been. Watch out for Mama Sweetwine

“Let's talk”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#4 Oct 16, 2007
Chris Balk wrote:
I am trying to find a nice home in Moses Lake, for me and my children. I would like a nice neighbor hood for my children to grow up in. I found a house on wheeler road, but somebody told me there is "whore houses" all over wheeler road? Is this true?
Chris from what I understand that is really old history. The Houses have been gone for years. The way prices are soaring here if you find something nice that you can afford you better grab it now.
Goodluck and welcome. Moses Lake is a good place to raise a family.
DM Johnson

Denton, TX

#6 Nov 15, 2007
Farm Boy 7 must have a fuzzy reolection.
There was a tavern in Wheeler and yes there
were womem of the night working out of there.
It was over 35 years ago, most likely a lot has changed since then.
lisa wayson

Houston, TX

#7 Feb 3, 2017
Well wheeler was a small town if maybe population of 25 people and there was 1 tavern there and a cinex acrois the rail road tracks. The tavern was called GREENS tavern. Who was ran and owned by lil bit and Jessie and Joanne green lil bit was the mother of Jessie and Joanne was the wife of jesseie. The most beautiful people u could ever meet in life. In the 70's Wheeler had its rep for Pumps and working girl's and gambling and drugs. And slowly it be came smaller. Population grew smaller .. How do I know all about this well I am a women Now who grew up and was raised there mostly all my life one as born at Samaritan hospital and raised in wheeler and my mother was one of the working girls back when I was growing up. Wheeler had its talking town and as I being a wheeler child growing up in such a town. I was teased and taunted in school. That's Probally how I got my rep as a fighter yes a fighter. I fought to keep my mother's respect out of the wrong mouths. I bet the he'll out if a lot of students to who ever felt that needed to call my my mom a whore. And I still stand tall behind my mothers rep.no matter if she was or wasnt. Now I am living in vegas and still have my mother in moses lake Washington . my name is Lisa Wayson as every one knew me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cascade Valley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jake eakin Jul 1 Mickey Knox 1
Summer '64 May '18 mikeythebikey 1
George Music Thread (Apr '17) Mar '18 Musikologist 2
News How Trumpa s tariffs could help - or hammer - o... Jan '18 Solarman 1
News How I chronicled the story of an undocumented i... (Dec '17) Dec '17 Genese 3
Ryan Doumit (Jan '10) Dec '17 CallingAspadeASpade 2
Young Airman from Larson AFB 1962 (May '17) Dec '17 Ernest 3

Cascade Valley Jobs

Personal Finance

Cascade Valley Mortgages