25 year nurse

Whiteville, NC

#798 Jun 20, 2012
Lynn in LA wrote:
<quoted text>
You should contact the state representatives Shipley and Ford, who most recently went to bat for some NP's against the NC BON. I bet they could give you some advice of what to do. When I read that they were standing up to the BON, made me wish I was in NC. We need someone higher up in Louisiana to stand against them here. Isn't it a shame the abuse of power in our Boards of Nursing. It's very widespread, in almost every state because they are so protected by judicial immunity. I have found that most of the boards abuse the drug recovery programs extensively by having nurses subjected to this monitoring even when it's not justified to do so, such as in your case. I think that's just a money making scheme all in the name of protecting the public.
Thanks for your advice Lynn. When I was initally accused, I didn't get a lawyer right away because I figured I was innocent so I had nothing to worry about- wow was I wrong. The board forced me to see therapists and psychiatrists. Without a job, I have no money, yet I have to pay for all these visits and drug screens. It is a big money-making scandal! My friends are all shocked at the money I have paid. The board also charged me $300 to stand before them to make a plea. They broadcasted my "trial" to nursing schools around the state WITHOUT my consent or approval. I'm going to look into the people you suggested...thanks, debbie
25 year nurse

Whiteville, NC

#799 Jun 20, 2012
Catherine wrote:
Anyone have the name of a good NC lawyer not afraid to do the right thing?
I wish I had some advice for you. Just don't go to Evett Brown in Raleigh. She is a lawyer and a physician assistant so I thought she could help me. Turns out she did nothing for me except take my money. The board's lawyer was a fast talking guy who accused me of all kinds of untrue things. He said "it's not all about you". I didn't know how to respond to that since I did nothing wrong except prescribe some antibiotics for my husband who was sick. Every NP and MD I know has done this at some point.
25 year nurse

Whiteville, NC

#800 Jun 20, 2012
Lorraine323 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for all you kind wowrds and info. Back in Sept. I did sign the freaking contract, and I did under diress and didn't really read it. All I saw was if I didn't further action would be taken. So I had to go to therapist, group and sign up for random testing. I had to check on phone or computer everyday. This all cost lots of money that I don't have. I am a single mom and get no help from my ex. I don't have a job, and I have been looking everyday. I have to go back to being a surgical tech "for now". I am gathering letters from doctors and nurses that I have worked with over the last 15 years to attest to my ability as a damn good nurse! I worked very hard to become a nurse and I'll be damned if they will take this away from me! Getting back to the contract, I violated it on New Yeaar's Eve, feeling sorry for myself I had some wine. I got tested a few days later and it was positive. So they sent me a second contract to give me another chance. Well, I didn't sign it and told them I would request a hearing. God help me.
I'm saying a prayer for you today. I'm in the same boat-no money, no job, lots of expenses for nothing! I'm a nurse practitioner who wrote a prescription for my husband who was deathly ill from a ruptured appendix but refused to go to the hospital. It was for an ANBIOTIC, not a narcotic! I saved his life but lost mine. I lost my job, my career, my reputation, and lots of money. I've been hospitalized for suicidal depression. The BON doesn't care. All they want is money! It is so unfair!
Lynn in LA

New Iberia, LA

#801 Jun 21, 2012
This madness has to stop with our BONs, somewhere down the line! I am currently appealing my case which was wrongfully handled by them on so many levels. I've been thinking really hard about forming a nurse advocacy center and doing some lobbying to some government officials to get some laws changed. They should not be allowed to abuse their power like they are doing and use these nurse recovery programs just to get back at or hurt nurses who do not fall into that category.
lae

Gilbert, AZ

#802 Jun 22, 2012
If I was told by my lawyer that my record was cleared, from an arrest but no conviciton of a drug, I passed three back ground clearance records, and have an FBI fingerprint clearance card, finished ADN school, applied for my license and was told due to not self reporting that I will be under investigation. After I was arrested, and all charges dismissed, I went to a seven month rehab program and started school. Have been completely sober, done very well in school. Do you think I have a chance to get my license once I go in front of the board, this is in arizona.
GO TO CAIRO

Calvert City, KY

#803 Jun 22, 2012
GO TO CAIRO
Lac

Muskegon, MI

#804 Jun 22, 2012
I was terminated for alleged harrassment toward a co-worker. My facility stated that I made a mean comment to a co-worker and then terminated me. I worked for the facility for 4 years with a flawless record until this incident. While renewing my nursing license it asks you to self report disclipline action. I know that this termination is a form of discipline, but do I have to report it. If I dont report it can they find out? If I do report it what will happen?
25 year nurse

Whiteville, NC

#805 Jun 23, 2012
Lynn in LA wrote:
This madness has to stop with our BONs, somewhere down the line! I am currently appealing my case which was wrongfully handled by them on so many levels. I've been thinking really hard about forming a nurse advocacy center and doing some lobbying to some government officials to get some laws changed. They should not be allowed to abuse their power like they are doing and use these nurse recovery programs just to get back at or hurt nurses who do not fall into that category.
amen i say... did you get my email. I'd like to join you in your fight. debbiek22@msn.com Thanks, Debbie
Kenia chacon

Hollywood, FL

#806 Jul 3, 2012
Maggie-AZ wrote:
I would report that lawyer-they are from the Attorney Generals Office and they work for the board. The one I was fantastic and tried so hard to get them to change my probation status. He worked so hard for me because he thought they had their heads...I forget-somewhere. He got half of the probation rules I had to follow thrown out and basically said let me know what you want in or out of the consent agreement, or how I wanted it worded..which was big. And then wrote a letter on his Attny Gen letterhead which I could show employers to help get a job on probation. I really would( I know talking to everyone is awful and scary and I threw up all the time) but sending a letter to the Attny Gen Office seems right.She really does have to do what the board wants-if that werent the case I would have had a letter of censure instead of probation because thats what he felt was appropriate, but his hands were tied. Hang in there! M
Hi i need to know is your lawyer was good helping you with your license and with your probation,i need a good lawyer for my husband,please my email is kenia82003@yahoo.com if you have his name and phone number send me please,thanks a lot

Since: Jul 12

United States

#807 Jul 6, 2012
I'm not currently under investigation by the BON but by the dept of health and senior services. A very angry co-worker reported I "forced" a patient to take their medication. I was let go as they stated "it was in the best interest of the company". There is no proof and it is my word against this CNA's. As a nurse for 8 years and a CNA for 5 years prior to that I have NEVER had one complaint. I was wondering if anyone might know what type of penalty against my license that might hold, should they side with her. It's very sad that we nurses work so hard and at anytime, anyone, anywhere, and for any reason can take that away. Thanks for any help
Michelle

Lake Charles, LA

#808 Jul 6, 2012
I am a nursing student and applied for nursing clinicals in Louisiana in October of 2011. I have 2 misdemeanor drug charges and 3 misdemeanor theft charges that happened when I was a teenager. I am now 37 with no arrests or charges in my adult life. On December 19,2011, the board accepted me under the condition that I get no other complaints or charges brought against me. In January 2012, I started clinicals only to get a letter in mid March, demanding my appearance at a non formal meeting with the board 2 business days later. 2 business days is not enough time to prepare or even hire an attorney, which I could not afford anyways since I was a full time student in the middle of a semester. They put me on a "non-disciplinary" monitoring contract which required me to complete a $3000 inpatient psychiatric evaluation, a minimal of 24 drug screens over the next year (2 screenings have cost me $150 total),$200 fee, and $25 a month for monitoring fee as well as other stipulations. I was given 60 days together the evaluation done and I was in the middle of a semester. That meant that I had less than 2 weeks after school let out to do this. I begged and pleaded with the board, telling them I could never afford that. They told me pretty much the same thing. "you can do it. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen". The board was well aware of the dates of my scheduled evaluation, as the facility sent them a confirmation email and I called them to state the dates I was attending. In the meantime my attorney sent letters to them and I went to the evaluation. On May 25, the board relieved me from the contract with a warning due to the amount of time since my charges. My evaluation was on May 28, 29, and 30. The board failed to notify me that I no longer needed to do the evaluation and I spent $3000 for a service that was no longer required of me. Then when the board got the recommendations from the evaluation one month after they released me, they reinstated me on the contract. Now they will not let up and are not concerned with my financial situation. I'm at the point that I want to file a suit against them and fight their decision since I was released from the contract prior to going to the evaluation. But on the other hand, I'm just sick of it all and ready to do something else all together. I feel that I can't handle the pressure from the board and school too. And it really is a shame because I have spent 8 years working towards becoming a nurse. There is nothing else I want to do. I am not the student that wants to be a nurse for the money. I want it because I genuinely care about people and I want more than anything to make a difference in the lives of others! I get outstanding evaluations in school and Know I would make an excellent nurse. What a shame the boards are like this just because I got caught in my teenage years when bad nurses pass through the system everyday just because they never got caught. Any advice? I want to fight, but don't have it in me to do it for nothing in the end. I can't afford this contract and feel I am set up for failure
lost in my world

United States

#809 Jul 11, 2012
I didnt take off a sock when I assessed a foot. they fired me. I was six months pregnant amd not even out of orientaion from my first RN job. I worked five yrs for nothing. Wish I would have kissed a little more ass and asked for a different preceptor. Mine was horrible but I didnt want to make her mad by getting a new preceptoe. Guess I will start over...again. I waited to have my child so I could set her up with a better life. Nursing school doesnt prepare u enough . And might I ad I have seen some real bad RN's being mean to the pt and noylt looking after them. I have a huge heart I just was new. I would have made a great RN.
Fl chic

Hollywood, FL

#810 Jul 13, 2012
To: All Nurses

We need to get organized and be one, like doctors,policeman they stick together No Mather What.
Tracy

Hobart, IN

#811 Jul 13, 2012
Does anyone know what type of discipline actions must be reported when filing for a. RN renewal license?

I had false claims filed against me by my ex husband to the board of nursing who turned it over to the states general attorneys office for investigation.

It's been 18 months and here is what has happened

Had 2 letters from my employer stating they did independent investigations and find the allegations from my ex to be false and both state that I'm an asset to the hospitals I work for.

Went in front of the JD of the board of nursing eo said they would not have done anything to me and that they are clearing me of any wrong doing, however they will let the attorney generals office complete the investigation on their end.

After 18 months the attorney general gets copies of all my employment records which show 2 written warnings because of patience complaints. Now keep on mind I work in the emergency room and we get quite a few complaints. Also the one hospital that had the 2 written complaints on my file had sent a letter clearing me and stating that I was a valued member of the Er.

The attorney general has nothing against me for the original false allegations from my exhusnand do now they are claiming I falsified my renewal on 2009 because I did not report the disciplin. REALLY? I as well as my co workers and employer were not aware that written warnings were something to report to the board. If do they would be I overwhelmed with this as many get written earnings in the corse of their careers.

I feel like I'm being harassed and bullied and am a victim not only to my ex but the attorney generals office. I have had to hire an attorney and spend thousand over such reduculous claims. They should spend their time investigating serious crimes .

What to do ?
Tracy

Hobart, IN

#812 Jul 13, 2012
The following is all I can find on disclosing for renewal and I certainly don't fall into any of these categories

disclose criminal convictions, substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment, malpractice/negligence judgments, discipline by another State Nursing Board or another healthcare licensing or regulatory board, or other information on a State Nursing Board Application for Licensure or the Renewal Application for Licensure.
25 year nurse

Whiteville, NC

#814 Jul 14, 2012
Oh God this is so unfair! Even though I have fulfilled all the board has asked me to do for the past 3 years (and went through all my savings to do so), they only meet a few times a year so I have to wait until September to meet in front of the Board. My husband will be moving out of the country and I can not go with him because I still have to "test". I have had over 60 clean urine screens. How much longer do I have to go through this torture!
Lynn in LA

New Iberia, LA

#815 Jul 17, 2012
Michelle wrote:
I am a nursing student and applied for nursing clinicals in Louisiana in October of 2011. I have 2 misdemeanor drug charges and 3 misdemeanor theft charges that happened when I was a teenager. I am now 37 with no arrests or charges in my adult life. On December 19,2011, the board accepted me under the condition that I get no other complaints or charges brought against me. In January 2012, I started clinicals only to get a letter in mid March, demanding my appearance at a non formal meeting with the board 2 business days later. 2 business days is not enough time to prepare or even hire an attorney, which I could not afford anyways since I was a full time student in the middle of a semester. They put me on a "non-disciplinary" monitoring contract which required me to complete a $3000 inpatient psychiatric evaluation, a minimal of 24 drug screens over the next year (2 screenings have cost me $150 total),$200 fee, and $25 a month for monitoring fee as well as other stipulations. I was given 60 days together the evaluation done and I was in the middle of a semester. That meant that I had less than 2 weeks after school let out to do this. I begged and pleaded with the board, telling them I could never afford that. They told me pretty much the same thing. "you can do it. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen". The board was well aware of the dates of my scheduled evaluation, as the facility sent them a confirmation email and I called them to state the dates I was attending. In the meantime my attorney sent letters to them and I went to the evaluation. On May 25, the board relieved me from the contract with a warning due to the amount of time since my charges. My evaluation was on May 28, 29, and 30. The board failed to notify me that I no longer needed to do the evaluation and I spent $3000 for a service that was no longer required of me. Then when the board got the recommendations from the evaluation one month after they released me, they reinstated me on the contract. Now they will not let up and are not concerned with my financial situation. I'm at the point that I want to file a suit against them and fight their decision since I was released from the contract prior to going to the evaluation. But on the other hand, I'm just sick of it all and ready to do something else all together. I feel that I can't handle the pressure from the board and school too. And it really is a shame because I have spent 8 years working towards becoming a nurse. There is nothing else I want to do. I am not the student that wants to be a nurse for the money. I want it because I genuinely care about people and I want more than anything to make a difference in the lives of others! I get outstanding evaluations in school and Know I would make an excellent nurse. What a shame the boards are like this just because I got caught in my teenage years when bad nurses pass through the system everyday just because they never got caught. Any advice? I want to fight, but don't have it in me to do it for nothing in the end. I can't afford this contract and feel I am set up for failure
Hi, Michelle,
I had written a reply to you earlier, but it doesn't appear here. So, if you get this twice, my apology. I just wanted to tell you that my heart goes out to you. I understand the madness you are dealing with when you are dealing with the Louisiana Board of Nursing. If they can find a way to get you into that recovery nurse program, they will. In my research, I have discovered that boards of nursing everywhere are abusing those recovery programs, by forcing nurses into them that do not fit in that category. It can be a very expensive process. I have learned that some nurses drop out of nursing all together because they cannot afford it, and some surrender their licenses early on, because they cannot afford to fight. I spoke with someone recently in LA, that is interested in helping nurses get a fair shake. You should contact
Bama

Casa Grande, AZ

#818 Jul 24, 2012
Fl chic wrote:
To: All Nurses
We need to get organized and be one, like doctors,policeman they stick together No Mather What.
It has been in my experience the term that nurses eat their young is mostly true and their own as well.
B Burns

Winchester, CA

#820 Aug 2, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
July 26, 2010 I am a nurse in Ca and in the process of the diciplinary actions for a DUI that I received in Nov 2008. Went before the ALJ and waiting the decision. I plan on appealing if unfavorable. I am researching and am looking for others in the same situation. There is a precedented case that you would be very interested in learning about. I am interested in pursuing a class action against the BRN. I believe the are punishing outside of their jurisdiction.
The CA BRN is out of control. My understanding is we cant do much about what they are doing because they are holding your license over your head like a carrot.Its not state law its the dept of consumer affairs that can do what ever they want. If there was a nurses union that would be the only way to put them in check. Thats why they don't pull this crap with cops, paramedics or fireman. I got a DUI and have been going through complete hell with them. Once i get off probation I am looking for a career change. I hear nurses in my support group talking about going for masters in nursing and I can't belive what I am hearing. WHy would you want to put more years of school behind you in a field where one complaint and they can and will yank your license.
suki

Scottsdale, AZ

#821 Aug 3, 2012
Eat their young. They spit at their old. Seasoned nurses are NOT valued whatsoever in this field. The hospitals wish us older staff would just die off. Heaven help healthcare today! The future looks pretty grim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casa Grande Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apex Fun Run Review 10 hr John 158
Get out of Debt Using Social Media! Apr 17 ijointsu_com 1
News Shooting on Galveston Street, Chandler, Az (May '10) Apr 12 EsC vHp x3 51
---question about someone originally from Chand... (Jul '13) Apr 12 Craig 4
Help stop panhandling. Apr 10 Bigwill 8
what is the worst bar in casa grande az you kno... Mar '15 new to town 1
Review: B & G Salvage Inc Feb '15 Butch Gabriel 1
More from around the web

Casa Grande People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE