First Prev
of 2
Next Last
nun ya

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2011
Tear it down!!! I'm gonna call channel 6 who's trashing east tn. They put up a fence to keep the druggies out but its still an eyesore and someone needs to be held accountable for that mess.
Eyesore

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2011
I wish you would call....its been condemned so it needs to go away ! Its owned by Hindu Indians, so they probably have more rights then we would, if we owned the property !
James

Pall Mall, TN

#3 Feb 8, 2011
Why don't someone start a petition to demolish the Christmas Inn and get all Caryville residents to sign it. Then send it to State Dept. of Health in Nashville. Call Lincoln Davis and Dennis Powers and get them involved.
Fiction

AOL

#4 Feb 10, 2011
One petitions don't mean Jack and two Lincoln Davis got beat in the last election.
I know

Nashville, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2011
I wish someone would just go burn it down. I don't know who owns it, but I can't believe that anyone would just leave it sitting there like that. It is the biggest eyesore I could ever imagine. Get off the interstate at exit 134 and what do you see? A large half burned slum hole for druggies and any other scum that walks the earth sitting beside a huge Christmas tree. It just screams "Welcome to the meth capitol of the world!" No wonder this county is the butt of every joke around.

Since: May 09

Springfield, TN

#6 Feb 28, 2011
believe it or not the christmas tree inn is going to be gutted AND REBUILT soon, be patient it is comming
Beam Me Up Scotty

Pall Mall, TN

#7 Feb 28, 2011
airbrush wrote:
believe it or not the christmas tree inn is going to be gutted AND REBUILT soon, be patient it is comming
Ha! I seriously doubt that.

Since: May 09

Springfield, TN

#8 Mar 1, 2011
well then pay attention to what's happing in caryville, look at all the people that said we would never get liquor by the drink or package stores, this town is going to grow whether people like it or not.
Whathe

Springfield, TN

#9 Mar 1, 2011
Is there still a ordinance in this town that beer cannot be sold on election day? Thats from the dark ages.

Since: Jun 11

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 17, 2011
this little town is like a hole in rosd why would anyone on 75 stop here shoneys dont think so food is as old as town same old thing every day go on to lake city clinton even 122 has more to offer hope we get something in old school lot love living here but need new places BIG LOTS OPENING ON 30TH GREAT THATS A START
Mac

Oak Ridge, TN

#11 Jul 7, 2011
According to the Knoxville News Sentinel, this property will be auctioned on July 28th. Hopefully, someone will purchase this for the land and develop it into something useful for the community.
seriously

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Jul 27, 2011
i thought that the town of caryville couldn't have a building over 3 stories tall due to some crazy ordinance issued by the state fire marshall? Christmas Inn was grandfathered in while it was open. Unless it's going to be 2-3 stories tall, then it isn't going to be rebuilt any time soon.
godsgrace

Nashville, TN

#13 Dec 3, 2011
I wish we the citizens of Campbell County could pull together and find a positive solution for this sad structure, This building is a part of our heritage now. I remember its hayday. It would be a perfect building to provide shelter for homeless families,and community resources.but on the flip side of that if nothing is going to be done other than it just standing their and creating a danger zone for the town of caryville then yes it needs to be demolished.
yeah

Maynardville, TN

#14 Jan 9, 2012
Rumor is, they are putting another hotel in. not 100% sure. But something nicer than the ones around...
Jimmy

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jun 21, 2012
Does anyone know what is going on with it now? It looks like the roof and the top floor has been removed.
Reinbeau Bryte

Nashville, TN

#16 Jun 21, 2012
Yeah more Indians bought it, they are putting in another motel, I forgot who is going in.. But they are completely gutting it and rebuilding it.. So they can make a killing tax free and send it to their homeland and bring more of them over to buy more motels and gas stations.. Just what this town needs.. NOT!
it was in the paper

Knoxville, TN

#17 Jun 23, 2012
It's going to be a Holiday Inn Select or Express, similar to the one in Clinton. It is being gutted and the 5th floor is coming off and will not be replaced.
I really don't see the need for another motel/hotel in Caryville personally. It's not like Caryville is some sort of tourist destination, like sevierville. It may start out as a 'nice' hotel, but give it time and it will be renting weekly to white trash and looking more and more like the other hotels up the street :(
thekool1

Knoxville, TN

#18 Aug 21, 2012
they should remodel the christmas inn. and make an assissted living home for the war veterans of the county and maybe even slome from the surrounding counties
it was in the paper

Oliver Springs, TN

#19 Aug 22, 2012
it was in the paper wrote:
It's going to be a Holiday Inn Select or Express, similar to the one in Clinton. It is being gutted and the 5th floor is coming off and will not be replaced.
I really don't see the need for another motel/hotel in Caryville personally. It's not like Caryville is some sort of tourist destination, like sevierville. It may start out as a 'nice' hotel, but give it time and it will be renting weekly to white trash and looking more and more like the other hotels up the street :(
So are you disagreeing that it is going to be a Holiday Inn Select or Express or are you disagreeing that it's going to eventually fall to the wayside like the other hotels up the road or are you disagreeing that Caryville is a tourist destination? Just curious because I couldn't see myself wanting to pack up the family and kids for a week of fun filled Cove Lake LOL
WildChick34

Jacksboro, TN

#20 Aug 23, 2012
There's a lot of ppl that has limited needs vacation there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bisexual women 9 min mindy 9
Kenneth bartley 34 min Casey renea branam 13
Tyler Needham and Brittney Adkins 1 hr Kxx70 4
Robert Griffith City Council 3 hr Builder 6
Weigel's Lake city (Oct '15) 4 hr beckys husband 23
Mayors Investment of County Money 5 hr Big bucks 2
Michelle Smith (Aug '11) 8 hr Shxjsj 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caryville Mortgages