Bipolar children: Fact or fad?

Bipolar children: Fact or fad?

There are 3 comments on the Lansing State Journal story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Bipolar children: Fact or fad?. In it, Lansing State Journal reports that:

“It's a denial of their fundamental reality.”

RALEIGH, N.C. - Judi Sharp's son used to get so depressed he refused to come out of his room. via Lansing State Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lansing State Journal.

J D Stottlemire

Topeka, KS

#1 Sep 24, 2007
I was clearly psychotic at the age of seven. It's difficult to tell exactly what was going on but I was clearly experienceing a mental illness. I wrote about it in my book.

J.D. Stottlemire
Wally

Wake Forest, NC

#2 Mar 22, 2011
Total fad, but I won't one anyway.
Why

Laguna Hills, CA

#3 Jan 9, 2012
"BIPOLAR FOR DUMMIES download"

The intended treatment for those so labeled BIPOLAR is psychiatric drugging, using antidepressants and mood-altering drugs such as ZYPREXA,Lithium,risperdal ! Celexa, Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac, Thorazine, Luvox and other similar drugs which are known by the FDA (and the pharmaceutical companies) to cause:
*Lowered life expectancy,
* Weight gain,
*Decrease in brain volume,
*Enlarged breasts and milk discharge in men and women (galactorrhea due to hyperprolactinaemia),
* Lowered white blood cell count (agranulocytosis),
*Involuntary repetitive body movements (tardive dyskinesia),
* Diabetes,
* An inability to sit still or remain motionless (akathisia),
*Sexual dysfunction *

THEN A return of psychosis requiring increasing the dosage due to cells producing more neurochemicals to compensate for the drugs (tardive psychosis), and a potential for permanent chemical dependence leading to psychosis much worse than before treatment began, if the drug dosage is ever lowered or stopped (tardive dysphrenia)!!!

In a recent survey of child psychiatrists it was discovered that 9 out of 10 children in their care were on at least one of these or similar drugs. Despite the recent FDA "black box" warnings, it is not unusual for a child to be put on two or more psychotropic antidepressant drugs — drugs that the FDA says can trigger suicidal thoughts. Do you want your child to be on these drugs with their potentially deadly side-effects?

Excellent PBS program that shows how todays kids are being turned into nothing but unnecessary customers for pharmaceutical and medical industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches in durham nc. (Dec '11) Sep 14 Hugh 8
Boylan Medical in Raleigh Sep 14 Craig Dahlquist 2
Where to get a good Tattoo Sep 9 wtf 2
News Confederate statue toppled at NC rally as prote... Aug 30 WATCHING LIVONIA 6
News Mob members indicted on federal charges (Nov '08) Aug 26 Madoff Sindrome 38
Beware Mike Luchansky (Aug '10) Aug 25 just saying 75
Divorce a Cary Lawyer? (Aug '08) Aug 23 Gonzalo 51

Cary Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cary Mortgages