Trinity Union Meeting
Really

Caruthersville, MO

#24 Aug 21, 2014
The union will not happen this time and the employees are so united against a union, I doubt they will waste their time and money trying it again. BUT if a union does come in, you think all the problems will stop? Nope. You think unions don't play favorites? Don't kid yourself. In fact, Trinity corporate has already shut down plants bigger than 75 over unions. There are plenty of other marine plants that can build those barges and ALL of the workers at 75 will be in the unemployment line. Watch what you ask for, you just might get it.
Donald

United States

#25 Aug 21, 2014
Yes if you signed the petition against the union it as worthless as the paper you signed it on and probably the lady that is pressuring you to do so lol . All you need for the union to come in your doors is 50% plus 1 and it's all behind closed curtains no one will no how you voted ! So don't be intimidated by management !!! The way you guys are being treated by the supervisors from what I hear it shouldn't be hard to get it voted in .
Screwed Over

Gideon, MO

#26 Aug 21, 2014
It's like a family owned and operated business. You see things there way or no way. If your not on the Goodale Plan your never going anywhere. Look what happen to those guy in maintance. Got cought trying to get a guy fired that they didn't like. If it had not been for the caramas they would still be there. Just think how many others have been wrongfully fired. A lot of good workers have been pushed out the door because they didn't worship there God, oh in mean Leadman. Don't think Carl and patty don't know. They do know. They don't care as long as those boats roll on time. No one is safe with a job out there.
Who Knows

Gideon, MO

#27 Aug 21, 2014
The Union rep will be in town tommrow to talk to anyone who can't make the meeting Saturday. Strange how we are so low on parts and they got people working all weekend. I'm sure there is a stronger force out there than they think. It's not about money. It's about respect. We are grown men and women out there and all you have to do is treat us like grown ups. But if you want to make it about money. The other plants make $22 an hour and put out 2 boats a week. We make $19 an hour and put out 8 to 12 boats a week. Trinity is the largest steel user in the United States. They can afford it.
worker

United States

#28 Aug 21, 2014
Everyone needs to look at these lazy ass guys that are for this union they will be the ones in charge of dealing with our matters they are the ones that need protection from management because they are too lazy to do there job, thats right Potts, melton, baker behind all this and he has others out there organizing for them! So please don't sign a union card and let them have control of you!
Bottoms worker

Gideon, MO

#29 Aug 21, 2014
Everyone needs to look at these lazy ass guys that are for this union they will be the ones in charge of dealing with our matters they are the ones that need protection from management because they are too lazy to do there job, thats right Potts, melton, baker behind all this and he has others out there organizing for them! So please don't sign a union card and let them have control of you![

You just called these guys lazy and your saying PLEASE don't sign a union card. These guys are a lot of things but I don't think they are lazy. A holes would be more like it. Be careful of Potts he is a smart a hole. He knows the company policy's better than the office does.
Really

Caruthersville, MO

#30 Aug 21, 2014
First of all, the petition is 100% legal. Its by the employees, for the employees. I never saw anyone get pressured, unless your definition of pressured is someone saying,"Would you like to sign our petition?"
Question, do you think a union would pay your full check to you every week if there was another flood and no one could work? Easy answer: NO. Not only would you not get a paycheck, you would still have to pay union dues! Is that what you really want?
Question, Do you think a union can force a company to do anything? Another easy answer: NO. They negotiate. If the union does not get what it wants, you strike. That means no paycheck and you STILL have to pay union dues.
Question, If you actually made $22 an hour with a union, after your buy-in and union dues, how much do you think you would actually bring home? Probably less than $19 an hour. Again, is this what you really want?
Its very simple, the ones complaining about Carl this and Patty that, are just sucky, lazy workers who do not have the brains or the guts to represent themselves and want something for nothing. Consider the source of where all this union stuff got started.
What Ever

Farmington, MO

#31 Aug 21, 2014
The last time I checked none of you were being forced to work there. If it's SO miserable quit and get a job somewhere SO much better!

Do you honestly think that giving your money to someone else "to watch out for your benefit" is going to work? It's like paying someone to let you work there. Do you honestly think that the shop stewards can't be bribed or won't fall into playing favorites?! Come on, think about it. And the union will tell you whatever you want to hear, if you don't join them they don't get your money. Do some research on the history of unions and find out how corrupt they can be before you start giving your hard earned money away. Google is there for a reason people, use it.

Another thing, you can vote a union in but the company can shut down for a year and a day to get the union out. Do you really want to be standing in the unemployment line with the other 400+ people that will be out of a job if that happens? Is that going to feel like winning to you?! Be careful what you wish for!
lol

United States

#32 Aug 22, 2014
If its so bad at trinity then take ur ass somewhere else and work...... is this all yall got to do is piss moan and groan.... carl this, patty this, trinity this ,union this. Who really gives shit ..... union dues that we will be paying will be paying coming out of my check I dont think so or whatever bullshit they have to do . So they can lie. I already got the book they cant let you see or read.... so take ur union pack it up and get the hell stepping..... the union is a joke cause whatever crap ur going to be talking Saturday folks might as well take some air fresher with you.....
Worker

United States

#33 Aug 22, 2014
Well I heard one side so far and I'm going to the meeting sat to hear this other guy , I'm not intimidated by either side just want to hear the facts !
Guest427

Senath, MO

#34 Aug 22, 2014
Worker wrote:
Well I heard one side so far and I'm going to the meeting sat to hear this other guy , I'm not intimidated by either side just want to hear the facts !
Good idea! Sure doesn't hurt to listen. Even the threat of a Union sends upper management a message that there is a huge problem with local management. Ask yourself this simple question, why is management so against us having a Union?
George m

United States

#35 Aug 22, 2014
I don't work at trinity but do hear about the goodales strong arming every one and threating them with their job ! And also even hitting people out there ! Heard one of the goodale even choked out the secretary years ago ! So it doesn't hurt to go hear what your working rights are with the union , if you were union a lot of this bull would not happen and you would get a yearly negotiable raise !
donald Lee

Farmington, MO

#36 Aug 22, 2014
That big ugly goodale fella chased a hoe around a tractor welder trying knock the hoe out
donald Lee

Farmington, MO

#37 Aug 22, 2014
lol wrote:
If its so bad at trinity then take ur ass somewhere else and work...... is this all yall got to do is piss moan and groan.... carl this, patty this, trinity this ,union this. Who really gives shit ..... union dues that we will be paying will be paying coming out of my check I dont think so or whatever bullshit they have to do . So they can lie. I already got the book they cant let you see or read.... so take ur union pack it up and get the hell stepping..... the union is a joke cause whatever crap ur going to be talking Saturday folks might as well take some air fresher with you.....
I can see right now when we get a union we r going to double ur union fees.I bet ur one of good o boys that want a white hat that stays under the desk type of fellas..I bet u have a bald spot on ur head.lol dipshit
Dexter, MO

#38 Aug 22, 2014
The people doing the wrongful things in a company will always get what they deserve, just may take a long while. Whether it is the management doing bad or the employee bucking the system and not doing as instructed. What people don't realize when you hit that clock you work for Trinity and all the leadership is the one's making all the decisions- all the employee has to do is do what you are told, get the job done with the best of your ability and go home. No one should ever be talked down to, i have always lived by talk and treat others the way you want to be talked to and treated. There are some supervisors that need attitude adjustments, but it could be worse and work for cary fowler, he was the worst to work for, smartass always! The best foreman they ever had was kenny goodale he was down to earth and busted his ass for trinity and they didnt even care.
Trinity girl

United States

#39 Aug 23, 2014
Love it
Trinity guy

Poplar Bluff, MO

#40 Aug 23, 2014
what do you love?
lol

Caruthersville, MO

#41 Aug 24, 2014
donald Lee wrote:
<quoted text> I can see right now when we get a union we r going to double ur union fees.I bet ur one of good o boys that want a white hat that stays under the desk type of fellas..I bet u have a bald spot on ur head.lol dipshit
Donald lee ..... ur the dip shit or an idoit..... im not like most guys out there I dont kiss ass or to impress anyone..... but I do have a head full of hair.... u must be the good ole boy who does all the time.......
truth

Farmington, MO

#42 Aug 24, 2014
My husband has been at trinity many years. The insurance is great, the pay is good for here, ad we don't want or need the union, he signed the petition again n st it and was not pressured. Go away union people, we are fine!

Since: Mar 07

Dexter, MO

#43 Aug 27, 2014
The shipyard closed it's gates once to get rid of the powerful boilermaker union. They won't hesitate to do it again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Tue guest 24
Lowering Child Support if your having a second ... (Aug '08) Tue Jennifer_0313 423
police Mon I agree 14
Military Convoys Jun 26 Fu Ck Em 5
Landlord Rick Brandon Jun 26 Evan 2
Local Contractors Jun 23 Guest 10
Kristen Wright Jun 23 been there 11

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages