First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Just Say YES

Malden, MO

#163 Apr 7, 2014
All I can say is vote no and see what happens. Yes there will be changes to Pemiscot County. I can see the writing on the wall. I don't want to return to the little Chicago days here, or the "ring 4 Sadie" for emergency services. I will be voting yes. I fear enough of you folks that do not want progress will vote no. You want no law in the county, no jail, no routine patrols, You can cook your meth, steal your copper, beat your spouse and children, rape your kids with no interference.......Just wait and see....
no new taxes

Steele, MO

#164 Apr 7, 2014
BE SURE TO VOTE NO ON ALL 3 NEW TAXES LET TOMMY CUT BACK AND SAVE.
no new taxes

Steele, MO

#165 Apr 7, 2014
GUEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay off Topix because its clear you dont know a freaking thing your talking about. when the county jail in the county hospital is closed and you see what those depreciate your property what would you cry then
anything can be put on paper to get new taxes. jail and hospital not going to closed. have to cut cut back and save.
stfu

Saint Louis, MO

#166 Apr 8, 2014
no new taxes wrote:
<quoted text> anything can be put on paper to get new taxes. jail and hospital not going to closed. have to cut cut back and save.
there will be no more pemiscot county if it doesn't pass..what an idiot.
river rat

Caruthersville, MO

#167 Apr 8, 2014
save money here's how seeing how cvile does not need two serrate popo stations close the city police down tommy hire few more men to patrol the city look at the money saved
WTF dude

Fulton, MO

#168 Apr 8, 2014
There will be a Pemiscot county if the sales tax doesn't increase. So what if the band aid station doesn't get more money to line a few more nests? You can't keep taxing a dying county. New Madrid county does not have a county hospital and they do fine. We are a rural community. Most rural communities DO have to drive for medical services. There's hospitals in Sikeston, Kennett, and Dyersburg. Press the state to take the billions in medicaid expansion money, problem solved. It's going to happen anyway, then the hospital will have even more money to waste.

Property owners WILL pass on increases to renters.

The county has had so much thieving, why should we give them more money to steal, and blow?
Well

Florissant, MO

#169 Apr 8, 2014
There are already WAY to many cops in our town... it's not like we have the crime rate of Blytheville; with people constantly stabbing and shooting. I say either cut back or let some officers go. I appreciate everything the department does but they are way over staffed.
Propaganda agenda

Oklahoma City, OK

#170 Apr 8, 2014
This is all political propaganda. I'm all for county roads for improvement but the police tax should manage a budget just like you or I would have to. It even says in the brochure that if it doesn't pass more non -violent offenders will be set free... WELL THATS AWESOME! Is that's what jail is for violent offenders that are a threat to the community not non-violent offenders. VOTE NO
voter

Bragg City, MO

#171 Apr 8, 2014
Well higher taxes for the POOREST county in misery . More money for them to pocket, as for the hospital no one that has any sense goes there. Wonder how many dead voters voted and how many were bought ?
SMH
Tax Payer

Caruthersville, MO

#172 Apr 9, 2014
What say you now , you Tahoe whining jackass from Steele?

Saint Louis, MO

#173 Apr 9, 2014
some of you are just completley ignorant,,really, did you not go to any of the discussion meetings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One of 10 born in U.S. are illegal immigrants 14 min guest 16
party Busted 2 hr Dummies 1
young man seeking older woman (Nov '13) 7 hr Guest 65
Handicap Parking 9 hr Shaggy 5
chad prince (Dec '09) 12 hr Ashley McKay 28
Ashley Morris 18 hr messy 6
jrock Sun why 1
More from around the web

Caruthersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE