me

Steele, MO

#143 Apr 5, 2014
Haven't we voted on this tax increase several times in the past ? Last time it was in a special vote the only thing on the ballot. It was kept hush hush and still it failed . Wonder how much that cost taxpayers ? How many times do we say no ? Till it's yes I guess

Farmington, MO

#144 Apr 5, 2014
Is there anyplace you can look and see the the pay of all county employees? If you try and figure it out from the insert they put out in the paper it is really confusing. The investigator makes really good money or so it looks like along with some of the others. One of the offices they have been talking about on the radio has 4 employees working in it. Why?
Another thing I can't understand is why, with several drug stores in the county, they only use one of them. Since everyone is paying taxes, shouldn't they spread the money around to all of the businesses?
And why do they need a home health? They have been paying 1 of them money. And guess what, the ones that own this one doesn't even live in the county or the state.
Could someone answer these questions? I know some of the county employees have been posting on here, maybe some of them know the answers.
I can understand they need more money to run on, but sometimes you can cut expenses if you look and try to. And I would much rather have a sales tax instead of a property tax. But that is what they will want to put it on next and the people that don't own property will be for it because it will not affect them.
no new taxes

Steele, MO

#145 Apr 6, 2014
WILL VOTE YES wrote:
I could write a full post statement to why this tax needs to be passed but why waste my time and Topix bandwidth when those who are against the tax have their minds made up and you cant convince them of how this tax is necessary to the county residents benefit and the county gov't as well.
But if the tax fails-please dont gripe to the county about not having the proper funding to fulfill the needs of what the county residents complain about now.
Read the posts in this discussion alone says it all of how the county is inadequate in law enforcement. So you think by voting "no" is going to make it better?
Only thing I will state is that the tax is a sales tax. Not just for county residents-but all traveling through Pemiscot county that buy fuel, eat at restaurants, go to c stores, motels, shop at Wal Mart, or spend any amount of money in the county, they will pay the tax too and that is where the county will benefit also. Think of the amount of fuel sold daily at truck stops in Hayti and Steele?
Besides, if your going to complain about 1.25 on the dollar then maybe you should find a county with a lower tax rate that provides better community services than what your getting now. Because there are none nearby that I know of.
the gripe is our taxes is going up 300 to 500 a yr. cut some of 14 deputies out keep all the cars at the sheriffs don't pay for there gas going to work and back from home all deputies don't need a car. you save a lot of taxes. put back in cars we don't need all 4x4 using lots of tax payers gas. tommy needs to save. cut one deputies out on 3rd I go to hayti 6 night out of 7 its 2 deputies siting over there at one of the truck stops 5 out of 6 times.
Just Say YES

Malden, MO

#146 Apr 6, 2014
no new taxes wrote:
<quoted text> the gripe is our taxes is going up 300 to 500 a yr. cut some of 14 deputies out keep all the cars at the sheriffs don't pay for there gas going to work and back from home all deputies don't need a car. you save a lot of taxes. put back in cars we don't need all 4x4 using lots of tax payers gas. tommy needs to save. cut one deputies out on 3rd I go to hayti 6 night out of 7 its 2 deputies siting over there at one of the truck stops 5 out of 6 times.
You my friend need to go take a dump, before you explode!!!

Farmington, MO

#147 Apr 6, 2014
no new taxes wrote:
<quoted text> the gripe is our taxes is going up 300 to 500 a yr. cut some of 14 deputies out keep all the cars at the sheriffs don't pay for there gas going to work and back from home all deputies don't need a car. you save a lot of taxes. put back in cars we don't need all 4x4 using lots of tax payers gas. tommy needs to save. cut one deputies out on 3rd I go to hayti 6 night out of 7 its 2 deputies siting over there at one of the truck stops 5 out of 6 times.
I hope you never are in need of a deputy if you're planning on cutting some. And based on spending 1000 a month, that is an increase of 12.50 a month. That comes to about 150 a year. If you shop out of Pemiscot county, you are already paying the proposed tax amount, if not more. I hope everyone realizes that if we lose services, such as protection from our sheriff's dept and our hospital, your property value will drop considerably. Try looking at it from a different prospective. For a few dollars more a year, you have these services.
Will Vote Yes

Caruthersville, MO

#148 Apr 6, 2014
no new taxes wrote:
How many times have you repeated this juvenile rant? You need research before you let the crap over flow that is coming from you.
Will Vote Yes

Caruthersville, MO

#149 Apr 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you never are in need of a deputy if you're planning on cutting some. And based on spending 1000 a month, that is an increase of 12.50 a month. That comes to about 150 a year. If you shop out of Pemiscot county, you are already paying the proposed tax amount, if not more. I hope everyone realizes that if we lose services, such as protection from our sheriff's dept and our hospital, your property value will drop considerably. Try looking at it from a different prospective. For a few dollars more a year, you have these services.
Finally someone with some sense posts! Its a small price to pay that benefits the county in more ways than one.
vote no

Farmington, MO

#150 Apr 6, 2014
Will Vote Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally someone with some sense posts! Its a small price to pay that benefits the county in more ways than one.
Vote no Pemiscot is a town with no factory a food stamp town and property will never go up just the taxes been here and own over 20 properties and they will not bring more then I gave for them 10 yr ago.the co. got there own self in this by building a jail with court room in them that judge luber demanded, stealing from the co that r main comis was not smart enought to no about r was n on it. 911 100,000 n the hole get rid of 911 go back to just call the police and save the co money. it away worked before.And yes get rid of the high price cars that I see them going a 100 miles an hour on the way to a call.
no new taxes

Steele, MO

#151 Apr 6, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text> I hope you never are in need of a deputy if you're planning on cutting some. And based on spending 1000 a month, that is an increase of 12.50 a month. That comes to about 150 a year. If you shop out of Pemiscot county, you are already paying the proposed tax amount, if not more. I hope everyone realizes that if we lose services, such as protection from our sheriff's dept and our hospital, your property value will drop considerably. Try looking at it from a different prospective. For a few dollars more a year, you have these services.
if its only a few dollars more tommy sure is crying a lot for it. our taxes don't need to go up.

United States

#152 Apr 7, 2014
no new taxes wrote:
<quoted text> if its only a few dollars more tommy sure is crying a lot for it. our taxes don't need to go up.
Stay off Topix because its clear you dont know a freaking thing your talking about. when the county jail in the county hospital is closed and you see what those depreciate your property what would you cry then
vote no

Farmington, MO

#153 Apr 7, 2014
GUEST wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay off Topix because its clear you dont know a freaking thing your talking about. when the county jail in the county hospital is closed and you see what those depreciate your property what would you cry then
the jail may close hosp no it will not happen someome will buy it. if they do not I will so it not going no where. the city and r troopers will cover the city and co. tired of them stealing the tax payer money. get rid of JIM A. that would b the first start.
Lol

United States

#154 Apr 7, 2014
Yeah you can buy the hospital. I'm sure you have no idea what it would cost. Dummy
Tax Payer

Caruthersville, MO

#155 Apr 7, 2014
vote no wrote:
<quoted text> the jail may close hosp no it will not happen someome will buy it. if they do not I will so it not going no where. the city and r troopers will cover the city and co. tired of them stealing the tax payer money. get rid of JIM A. that would b the first start.
Its scary to know the ignorance of Pemiscot county voters and you're one of them.
I'm glad you have the answers pulled square out of your ass. Why arent you running for Jim Atchinsons job then? Why didnt you file for hospital board then?

Because all you'll ever do is post on Topix of how you know, and not do a thing to help but complain, and whine like a idiot about the vehicles the sherriff's dept has.

Want to know why the county keeps losing population? No one wants to help support it, but they sure as hell want to run it into the ground of whats wrong.

For the last time bozo, you cant move forward on yesterdays expenses, GAWD YOUR SO FRIGGING DUMB!
Tax Payer

Caruthersville, MO

#156 Apr 7, 2014
vote no wrote:
<quoted text> Vote no Pemiscot is a town with no factory a food stamp town and property will never go up just the taxes been here and own over 20 properties and they will not bring more then I gave for them 10 yr ago.the co. got there own self in this by building a jail with court room in them that judge luber demanded, stealing from the co that r main comis was not smart enought to no about r was n on it. 911 100,000 n the hole get rid of 911 go back to just call the police and save the co money. it away worked before.And yes get rid of the high price cars that I see them going a 100 miles an hour on the way to a call.
So when its a emergency do you propose them to ride bicycles then you stupid moron?

Let me guess, never made it out of Cooter Jr High did ya?
marshall g

Farmington, MO

#157 Apr 7, 2014
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
So when its a emergency do you propose them to ride bicycles then you stupid moron?
Let me guess, never made it out of Cooter Jr High did ya?
electric car would save gas b cheaper and want go 100 miles an hour. lol
unoimright

Farmington, MO

#158 Apr 7, 2014
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
Its scary to know the ignorance of Pemiscot county voters and you're one of them.
I'm glad you have the answers pulled square out of your ass. Why arent you running for Jim Atchinsons job then? Why didnt you file for hospital board then?
Because all you'll ever do is post on Topix of how you know, and not do a thing to help but complain, and whine like a idiot about the vehicles the sherriff's dept has.
Want to know why the county keeps losing population? No one wants to help support it, but they sure as hell want to run it into the ground of whats wrong.
For the last time bozo, you cant move forward on yesterdays expenses, GAWD YOUR SO FRIGGING DUMB!
40,000 people in Pemiscot co. in the 50 ies this county does not want factories r any thing the people is so jealous that some one is going to make more than they do. if a factory wanted to buy 600 ac. of farm ground next week there not a farm that would sale unless he got 40,000 per ac. for it and u no it u r one of them moron .
Inoyourignorant

Caruthersville, MO

#159 Apr 7, 2014
unoimright wrote:
<quoted text> 40,000 people in Pemiscot co. in the 50 ies this county does not want factories r any thing the people is so jealous that some one is going to make more than they do. if a factory wanted to buy 600 ac. of farm ground next week there not a farm that would sale unless he got 40,000 per ac. for it and u no it u r one of them moron .
Oh sure Einstein any factory would want to relocate or build in a county with no medical emergency center nearby, lack of law enforcement......your just brilliant aren't ya dipstick?

Another thing, we're not in Kansas or the 50's any longer Toto. The county is down to 18,600 people, and that means less tax is being accumulated through both property and sales tax Einstein.

Good Gawd, what rock did you crawl out from under dipstick?
Inoyourignorant

Caruthersville, MO

#160 Apr 7, 2014
Sorry, make that 18,111 county residents according to 2012 census. The largest population the county ever had was in 1940, 46,857

Do the math dumbass
vote no

Farmington, MO

#161 Apr 7, 2014
Inoyourignorant wrote:
Sorry, make that 18,111 county residents according to 2012 census. The largest population the county ever had was in 1940, 46,857
Do the math dumbass
that right u do not read well I said 40,000 in the 50 dud and it was look it up I lived here then also and yes I can buy the hosp dud again. so vote no.
vote no

Farmington, MO

#162 Apr 7, 2014
Inoyourignorant wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure Einstein any factory would want to relocate or build in a county with no medical emergency center nearby, lack of law enforcement......your just brilliant aren't ya dipstick?
Another thing, we're not in Kansas or the 50's any longer Toto. The county is down to 18,600 people, and that means less tax is being accumulated through both property and sales tax Einstein.
Good Gawd, what rock did you crawl out from under dipstick?
that right and that why it 18,000 no one wanted to do anything about it just keep stealing the co money dud,dud dud so n 10 more yr it well be 14,000 u must b jim wife.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama on Mt. Rushmore 24 min jesusisliberal 5
School Closeing 1 hr Nosey 4
To the 9 Dictators of Caruthersville You Have B... 1 hr Nosey 9
Ashley greenway 19 hr Truth and only that 9
Obama's amnesty bonus for illegals Tue guest 4
Obama "very interested" in executive action to ... Tue ComradeWinston 1
New Off-Road Park/Rough Country Suspension? Tue rzr 2

Winter Storm Warning for Pemiscot County was issued at March 04 at 4:00PM CST

Caruthersville Dating
Find my Match