Tax and sheriffs dept.
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#62 Mar 14, 2014
dagwood wrote:
lmaooo "boo hoo" really thats all you got !!
well you must be married to someone who works for the county, or perhaps go with one?
Tommy does a great job, go back on ANY post and copy and paste where i've said different!
As for idiot & dumbass, you have those titles already! Far be it for me to claim "YOUR " titles!
911 isn't going away and the jail will not close.
And the county also does an excellent job!
Oh your that Comrade idiot who runs his mouth on Topix calling people child molesters. Yea spotted you with this post. I already told you I am not employed or related to any county employee. I am a TAX PAYING business owner that has enough common sense to know when things need to be improved. but to you they dont. Sure lets just stay the same rate we have been for the last 15 years and then the next time you go to out of town or out of state to eat that Taco Bell meal, dont BITCH about the amount of taxes you pay there in comparison to what you pay at home. DUMBASS!
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#63 Mar 14, 2014
dagwood and guest from Steele are Comrade Winston
dagwood

United States

#64 Mar 14, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh your that Comrade idiot who runs his mouth on Topix calling people child molesters. Yea spotted you with this post. I already told you I am not employed or related to any county employee. I am a TAX PAYING business owner that has enough common sense to know when things need to be improved. but to you they dont. Sure lets just stay the same rate we have been for the last 15 years and then the next time you go to out of town or out of state to eat that Taco Bell meal, dont BITCH about the amount of taxes you pay there in comparison to what you pay at home. DUMBASS!
Show me where I have moaned and bitched about anything but higher taxes !
Dumbass!!
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#65 Mar 14, 2014
Yep! Thats Comrade alright!

“People Need To Chill”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#66 Mar 14, 2014
Why are you against a small tax increase but you go out of county to Dyer county TN, or Madison county TN, Mississippi county AR, Craighead county AR, Cape county MO, or Shelby county TN and besides the gas it costs you to get there and back, the tax you pay is still higher than if this tax passes for Pemiscot county!

I dont get that!!

As for my two cents? I will vote yes. It's simple logic to me. A better equipped law enforcement means better service.

Today I witnessed Dunklin County driving Tahoes and Pickups. Butler County driving Tahoes and Pickups, the Missouri State Highway Patrol driving Tahoes and yes, Pickups..Ive seen them on the interstates. Mississippi county has Pickups too.

So whats the big gripe with what Pemiscot county driving?
What do you want them to drive down the already horrible county roads, a Prius?
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#67 Mar 14, 2014
Class of 81 wrote:
Why are you against a small tax increase but you go out of county to Dyer county TN, or Madison county TN, Mississippi county AR, Craighead county AR, Cape county MO, or Shelby county TN and besides the gas it costs you to get there and back, the tax you pay is still higher than if this tax passes for Pemiscot county!
I dont get that!!
As for my two cents? I will vote yes. It's simple logic to me. A better equipped law enforcement means better service.
Today I witnessed Dunklin County driving Tahoes and Pickups. Butler County driving Tahoes and Pickups, the Missouri State Highway Patrol driving Tahoes and yes, Pickups..Ive seen them on the interstates. Mississippi county has Pickups too.
So whats the big gripe with what Pemiscot county driving?
What do you want them to drive down the already horrible county roads, a Prius?
I pay a 911 tax I pay a jail don't like to pay two taxes for the same thing.

“People Need To Chill”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#68 Mar 15, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> I pay a 911 tax I pay a jail don't like to pay two taxes for the same thing.
Do you have a land line phone? Most people have cancelled their land lines for cell phone plans because of the costs. In Missouri we all pay a 911 tax on "land lines" but not on cell phones. If the state would pass a tax on e911 on cell phones, this wouldnt be a issue to the county tax payers today. The county doesn't have the equipment needed to GPS cell phones when calling 911 from your cell phone. If you would please read the brochure available you might learn something.

You pay a tax on just about everything anywhere you go. So what point are you making by griping about paying a tax for public services? Do you expect them to be free of charge? Read the brochure.
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#69 Mar 15, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> I pay a 911 tax I pay a jail don't like to pay two taxes for the same thing.
Cry me a river. We all pay taxes. I pay more than you can possibly imagine and Im not griping about it. Life isnt free, but I guess you think that we can go on going on like we have been since there hasnt been a tax increase in decades in Pemiscot county.
VOTE NO

Semora, NC

#70 Mar 15, 2014
Not again wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself please on the issue! THIS IS NOT A TAX FOR THE SHERIFFS DEPT. Talk to your elected officials so you can understand what is going on in your county instead of pea-sized brain people that freak out on something so small yet impacts this county for the better.
Read slowly:
ANOTHER FACT most citizens are unaware of is All vehicles used by the Sherrifs dept are purchased solely from the Law Enforcement Restitution Fund! Which is monies from court costs paid by criminal defendants!!!
Is anyone aware of this fact?
We already go to neighboring towns and pay higher taxes. If both tax props pass it will bring avg sales tax between 7.975%-8.975%. We travel to Dyersburg & pay 9.750%! And Blytheville & pay 9.500%!
What can you say about your buying habits?
You said it here perfect!! The Sheriff's Office is using the LERF Fund to purchase all of it's vehicles which is a good thing, no cost to tax payers..... But the money that has been budgeted for patrol vehicles in the past, where has it gone? The Sheriff's Office also has used that LERF Fund to buy lots of other bull shit items, in car computers, hell Deputies don't even stop cars what do they need computers for, new Polo Uniforms for the Deputies, waste of money!!!
The Sheriff's Office could cut lots of other cost to save money but they don't. There are more deputies working straight days then ever before, I remember when the investigators also worked rotating shifts, we have a deputy living outside of the county in Kennett and diving his patrol car home!!! The Jail Administrator, who doesn't work the road answering calls is driving a silver truck around like it's his personal vehicle. Where does this shit stop?!
Tommy really needs to step up and stop trying to be beer drinking friends with his deputies and be their boss, and make decisions that are best for Pemiscot County!
The County just recently in the last few years went to the local cities and upped there dispatch and jail fees which went up over doubled from where they were.
There is no way in hell I'd vote for any tax for the Hospital or the Sheriff's Office!!
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#71 Mar 15, 2014
VOTE NO wrote:
<quoted text>
You said it here perfect!! The Sheriff's Office is using the LERF Fund to purchase all of it's vehicles which is a good thing, no cost to tax payers..... But the money that has been budgeted for patrol vehicles in the past, where has it gone? The Sheriff's Office also has used that LERF Fund to buy lots of other bull shit items, in car computers, hell Deputies don't even stop cars what do they need computers for, new Polo Uniforms for the Deputies, waste of money!!!
The Sheriff's Office could cut lots of other cost to save money but they don't. There are more deputies working straight days then ever before, I remember when the investigators also worked rotating shifts, we have a deputy living outside of the county in Kennett and diving his patrol car home!!! The Jail Administrator, who doesn't work the road answering calls is driving a silver truck around like it's his personal vehicle. Where does this shit stop?!
Tommy really needs to step up and stop trying to be beer drinking friends with his deputies and be their boss, and make decisions that are best for Pemiscot County!
The County just recently in the last few years went to the local cities and upped there dispatch and jail fees which went up over doubled from where they were.
There is no way in hell I'd vote for any tax for the Hospital or the Sheriff's Office!!
Another I have all the answers blah blah blah FULL OF CRAP post.

Ok Einstein then put your mouth where you think the funding should be spent and run for Sherriff. Hell I'll vote for you and lets see how you like that 24-7-365 job for the pay
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#72 Mar 15, 2014
Class of 81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a land line phone? Most people have cancelled their land lines for cell phone plans because of the costs. In Missouri we all pay a 911 tax on "land lines" but not on cell phones. If the state would pass a tax on e911 on cell phones, this wouldnt be a issue to the county tax payers today. The county doesn't have the equipment needed to GPS cell phones when calling 911 from your cell phone. If you would please read the brochure available you might learn something.
You pay a tax on just about everything anywhere you go. So what point are you making by griping about paying a tax for public services? Do you expect them to be free of charge? Read the brochure.
I have a brochure if your trying to get votes you can put anything on paper. we don't like to be taxed two times for the same thing I pay a 911 and a jail tax. if tommy used the taxes he pissed off on the Harley Davidson bikes on 911 he have the equipment hes crying for. are cut but on suvs and save for 911. all deputies don't need a car to take home and to work let him use his own car and gas like we have to.
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#73 Mar 16, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> I have a brochure if your trying to get votes you can put anything on paper. we don't like to be taxed two times for the same thing I pay a 911 and a jail tax. if tommy used the taxes he pissed off on the Harley Davidson bikes on 911 he have the equipment hes crying for. are cut but on suvs and save for 911. all deputies don't need a car to take home and to work let him use his own car and gas like we have to.
You pay a 911 tax regardless IDIOT, you pay a tax for public service regardless IDIOT anywhere you live 911 and public service are not free of taxes. GAWD HOW DUMB ARE YOU!

CRY CRY CRY this suv motorcycle bullshit whine and Im not the only one who has tried to TELL you where they money comes from to buy them and can ONLY be used to purchase vehicles but inbred tards of Steele just cant get it through your heads because you dont like Tommy because of all drug dealers in Steele!! You must be one of them he busted!
TAXPAYER TO

United States

#74 Mar 17, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
You pay a 911 tax regardless IDIOT, you pay a tax for public service regardless IDIOT anywhere you live 911 and public service are not free of taxes. GAWD HOW DUMB ARE YOU!
CRY CRY CRY this suv motorcycle bullshit whine and Im not the only one who has tried to TELL you where they money comes from to buy them and can ONLY be used to purchase vehicles but inbred tards of Steele just cant get it through your heads because you dont like Tommy because of all drug dealers in Steele!! You must be one of them he busted!
Are you the poster child for bullying and name calling ? Your not helping to win votes.
People really frown on this, are your children all healthy and happy? karma can be bad you know.
no way

Saint Louis, MO

#75 Mar 17, 2014
TAXPAYER TO wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you the poster child for bullying and name calling ? Your not helping to win votes.
People really frown on this, are your children all healthy and happy? karma can be bad you know.
Um Dear Taxpayer to,,,didn't you mean taxpayer TOO, as in also,,,learn the english please.

United States

#76 Mar 17, 2014
TAXPAYER TO wrote:
<quoted text>
its not bullying when he's getting to the point of the matter. this tax won't pass because it hits well both know against it without realizing what condition the County Sheriff's Department and financial condition the county itself is then. They think we can continue on the same budget that we've had for the last 20 years. None of you will get off your lazy ass and research anything. You just come to topix and be armchair politicians and think you have all the answers and vote no on every issue. That's why this county is dying because of the idiots within it.
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#77 Mar 17, 2014
TAXPAYER TO wrote:
<quoted text>
People frown on running from the truth. The truth is, this tax probably wont pass because of the idiots in this county dont want change. No lets just keep things like they have always been, no progress, no better public services, just live on champagne tastes with a beer budget. THATS PEMISCOT COUNTY!

You people are clueless when it comes to bettering yourselves. Your all wanting a hand out at someone elses expense because God forbid any of you to ever contribute to the cause.

You people amaze me. You gripe about a small amount of tax to help your own county but I guarentee that 99% of you drive out of town to neighboring states to eat, shop, buy clothes, hell go to Wal Mart and pay MORE in taxes and plus the cost to go there and back....and thats alright. BUT HELL NO DONT INCREASE MY SALES TAX WHERE I DONT PUT MONEY BACK IN TO THE COUNTY I LIVE IN......then you run around saying how bad Pemiscot county is. Then move your dumbasses away and do the county a favor.
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#78 Mar 17, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
People frown on running from the truth. The truth is, this tax probably wont pass because of the idiots in this county dont want change. No lets just keep things like they have always been, no progress, no better public services, just live on champagne tastes with a beer budget. THATS PEMISCOT COUNTY!
You people are clueless when it comes to bettering yourselves. Your all wanting a hand out at someone elses expense because God forbid any of you to ever contribute to the cause.
You people amaze me. You gripe about a small amount of tax to help your own county but I guarentee that 99% of you drive out of town to neighboring states to eat, shop, buy clothes, hell go to Wal Mart and pay MORE in taxes and plus the cost to go there and back....and thats alright. BUT HELL NO DONT INCREASE MY SALES TAX WHERE I DONT PUT MONEY BACK IN TO THE COUNTY I LIVE IN......then you run around saying how bad Pemiscot county is. Then move your dumbasses away and do the county a favor.
if its a small amount tommy sure is crying a lot to get it passed. 300.00 to 500.00 a yr is a lot for a new tax. anything we buy will be going up food gas. all 14 deputies don't need a suv to take home and the taxpayers paying there gas going to work and back. hell let tommy save and use it for 911. cut the night time deputies done to one any time you go to hayti there siting in the truck stops over there.
TAXPAYER TO

United States

#79 Mar 18, 2014
GUEST wrote:
<quoted text>its not bullying when he's getting to the point of the matter. this tax won't pass because it hits well both know against it without realizing what condition the County Sheriff's Department and financial condition the county itself is then. They think we can continue on the same budget that we've had for the last 20 years. None of you will get off your lazy ass and research anything. You just come to topix and be armchair politicians and think you have all the answers and vote no on every issue. That's why this county is dying because of the idiots within it.
Talk about armchair politicians...your here trying to get more money, I'm here trying to save money as retirement isn't that far off. I have researched and I work ! Lazy ass must be your side of the fence. And IF you don't work for the county WHY are you belittling EVERYONE that doesn't agree with YOU. Why this county is dying is because we have NO JOBS! Are you seriously that silly? And if YOU move out of the county we will have ONE less idiot as you say!
And ONE more time , IF it doesn't pass, 911 is NOT going away and the county jail will NOT close!
As of right now for ME, if I could retire tomorrow I would draw 1300.00 a month.. NOW you think I don't need the extra 500, 600 or more a year? THINK AGAIN ! Most of pemiscot county residents are not as RICH as YOU!
Attn WalMart Shoppers

Campbell, MO

#80 Mar 18, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were places to actually shop there, or eat there more people might shop there. That WalMart is a joke.
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#81 Mar 18, 2014
it was on the news to day the state is adding a 911 tax to cell phones. Pemiscot county was trying to get a 911 tax. no need for it the state putting one on the cell phones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We use to hang around . 1 hr Tweak Tweak Robin 7
Remodelling 3 hr Guest 3
The Donald Trump 7 hr WorkingClass 7
need to find Roy Edwards 9 hr justsayin 2
Higher gas prices in C'ville and Hayti 9 hr WorkingClass 10
The Lion's Den (Aug '07) 11 hr happy 37
Lisa tosh 12 hr Bridget 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages