voter

Farmington, MO

#21 Mar 9, 2014
no way wrote:
I will not vote for tax...sheriff's office may want consider not letting deputies use car or sub for personal use with gas county tax money pays for...prime example all the deputies that use them to take their kids to school daily..do they not own personal car
vote no they have stole the co. blind ja and bobby w city of hayti.

United States

#22 Mar 9, 2014
Pemiscot County voters are TOO STUPID to pass this tax that would be paid by70% of out of the county business. Pemiscot County residents voted against a tourism tax ! Think you bunch of rednecks! The tax was going to be paid by people who stayed in our HOTELS AND MOTELS NOT THE PEOPLE OF OUR COUNTY! Stupid is as stupid does.
Well

Farmington, MO

#23 Mar 9, 2014
Yep and not to mention cities will have better budgets because they won't have to pay for dispatch or jail.......be an idiot an vote no... But I am voting yes for all but hospital.
YOU DUMBASS

Caruthersville, MO

#24 Mar 9, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
tommy is pissing to much taxes off and crying for more. no new tax for the sheriff. we pay 2 taxes now for the sheriff dep.
Hey dumbass, you been running your ignorant mouth on here long enough. You've whined about the sheriffs dept for having Tahoe's thinking that the taxpayers all pay for them.

WRONG YOU DUMBASS!

The patrol vehicles are purchased through the fine collections and allocated through the courts through special fines. But you just drive by and see what you see and that makes you a expert.

No dumbass that makes you a DUMBASS!

Now go back to bashing Obama and calling people child molesters, the only thing your good at
YOU DUMBASS

Caruthersville, MO

#25 Mar 9, 2014
You morons on here crying "Im voting no" thats all you tards know how to do is say NO, but then bitch when the county doesnt have the funding. THEN WHOS FAULT IS IT DUMBASSES?

Has your budget went up in the last 10 years?

Do you still pay the same price for fuel you did 10 years ago?

Does your home never need improvement or upkeep?

Do your clothes last you 30 years because thats the last time the county has increased a tax like these.

But you TARDS all think life can remain the same as it did 30 years ago. No, all you TARDS see is the word TAX and you IMMEDIATELY say NO NO NO, then BITCH BITCH BITCH because the county doesnt do this or the county wont do that.

THINK ABOUT THAT TARDS, and vote no with your ignorance and when the county population continues to dwindle and you CRY , why cant we have this or why cant be like that city.....then vote NO with your ignorance because THAT is what is killing this county the most. The ignorant TARDS who dont know the FACTS just what they hear at church or the local coffee shops where everybody is a know it all.

Idiots
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#26 Mar 9, 2014
YOU DUMBASS wrote:
You morons on here crying "Im voting no" thats all you tards know how to do is say NO, but then bitch when the county doesnt have the funding. THEN WHOS FAULT IS IT DUMBASSES?
Has your budget went up in the last 10 years?
Do you still pay the same price for fuel you did 10 years ago?
Does your home never need improvement or upkeep?
Do your clothes last you 30 years because thats the last time the county has increased a tax like these.
But you TARDS all think life can remain the same as it did 30 years ago. No, all you TARDS see is the word TAX and you IMMEDIATELY say NO NO NO, then BITCH BITCH BITCH because the county doesnt do this or the county wont do that.
THINK ABOUT THAT TARDS, and vote no with your ignorance and when the county population continues to dwindle and you CRY , why cant we have this or why cant be like that city.....then vote NO with your ignorance because THAT is what is killing this county the most. The ignorant TARDS who dont know the FACTS just what they hear at church or the local coffee shops where everybody is a know it all.
Idiots
hell you can look and see what tammy is pissing off. just go by the jail and look you will see it to. all we need is 8 suvs for the deputies to use but no he has to have on for all deputies to take home. let pay for there gas going to and from work like we do. no need of having 20 if you can make on 8. look what 911 can have if he just save. hell no on new tax.
educate yourself

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Mar 11, 2014
We NEED this tax money, Read the flyer, unless you don't want 911 and other things in this area.
dumbass doug

Caruthersville, MO

#28 Mar 11, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> hell you can look and see what tammy is pissing off. just go by the jail and look you will see it to. all we need is 8 suvs for the deputies to use but no he has to have on for all deputies to take home. let pay for there gas going to and from work like we do. no need of having 20 if you can make on 8. look what 911 can have if he just save. hell no on new tax.
doug edwards stay off topix

Since: Dec 13

Location hidden

#29 Mar 11, 2014
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> hell you can look and see what tammy is pissing off. just go by the jail and look you will see it to. all we need is 8 suvs for the deputies to use but no he has to have on for all deputies to take home. let pay for there gas going to and from work like we do. no need of having 20 if you can make on 8. look what 911 can have if he just save. hell no on new tax.
Good Lord!!!!!!!

Have your mom type for you next time
dagwood

United States

#30 Mar 12, 2014
Guest wrote:
Pemiscot County voters are TOO STUPID to pass this tax that would be paid by70% of out of the county business. Pemiscot County residents voted against a tourism tax ! Think you bunch of rednecks! The tax was going to be paid by people who stayed in our HOTELS AND MOTELS NOT THE PEOPLE OF OUR COUNTY! Stupid is as stupid does.
LOOK in the mirror when your calling anyone STUPID !
#1 the tax purposed will effect the county residents the MOST !! We live here and buy here EVERYDAY!
#2 Higher taxes will NOT attract new companies to move in here and supply badly needed jobs!!
#3 They tell us all the time..you can not spend MORE than you make!
Now if you have a couple of thousand dollars to give the county in a 356 day year.. JUST go donate it now!! Most people in Pemiscot county can't afford more taxes! Look around !
TAX PAYER

Caruthersville, MO

#31 Mar 12, 2014
Read all the posts and I think the majority those against the tax increase are not only misinformed but have their mind made up out of spite.

The tax is a small amount to pay when it comes to providing better services for safety and improvements to our county infrastructure. The current budget for the sheriff's dept has not been amended in many years. Since that time, the cost of operating expenses has went up and the county has but no choice.

The county can either provide you the best safety service with a improved budget for better 911 equipment, more active deputies on duty at night then what we currently have now, or cut back like most of you misinformed Fox News conservative whack jobs want! So vote no then. When you need the sherrifs dept in the middle of the night and they cant provide you one because of budget cuts that you vote no to increase, think about that.

One idiot says that no business is going to move to our county with the higher taxes. Is that the best lame conservative excuse you can come up with?

If I were considering moving my business to the county, sure the tax rate I would look into, but also the quality of law enforcement and medical services offered by that county would be more important than a mere difference of a few pennies in taxes.

You probably wont even notice the amount difference when you spend your money in the county and please people, this is NOT a property tax increase like so many of you misinformed idiots think it is.

The current patrol cars the county uses are all purchased through fine collections through the circuit courts. NOT through the tax dollars of revenue or property taxes. One person with a Steele ip cant seem to get it through his conservative Fox News head that this is how they have been purchased for many years now.

You people amaze me. You gripe and complain that the county wont do this or cant do that, well ask yourself this. If you aren't willing to help, then why are you living here and complaining? Move to another county where you think its better, PLEASE DO!

Because the best thing that could happen to Pemiscot county is for the misinformed uneducated idiots to all move away.
Jack Clark

San Francisco, CA

#32 Mar 12, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
Read all the posts and I think the majority those against the tax increase are not only misinformed but have their mind made up out of spite.
The tax is a small amount to pay when it comes to providing better services for safety and improvements to our county infrastructure. The current budget for the sheriff's dept has not been amended in many years. Since that time, the cost of operating expenses has went up and the county has but no choice.
The county can either provide you the best safety service with a improved budget for better 911 equipment, more active deputies on duty at night then what we currently have now, or cut back like most of you misinformed Fox News conservative whack jobs want! So vote no then. When you need the sherrifs dept in the middle of the night and they cant provide you one because of budget cuts that you vote no to increase, think about that.
One idiot says that no business is going to move to our county with the higher taxes. Is that the best lame conservative excuse you can come up with?
If I were considering moving my business to the county, sure the tax rate I would look into, but also the quality of law enforcement and medical services offered by that county would be more important than a mere difference of a few pennies in taxes.
You probably wont even notice the amount difference when you spend your money in the county and please people, this is NOT a property tax increase like so many of you misinformed idiots think it is.
The current patrol cars the county uses are all purchased through fine collections through the circuit courts. NOT through the tax dollars of revenue or property taxes. One person with a Steele ip cant seem to get it through his conservative Fox News head that this is how they have been purchased for many years now.
You people amaze me. You gripe and complain that the county wont do this or cant do that, well ask yourself this. If you aren't willing to help, then why are you living here and complaining? Move to another county where you think its better, PLEASE DO!
Because the best thing that could happen to Pemiscot county is for the misinformed uneducated idiots to all move away.
I was thinking of voting yes,but after being called an idiot,it's NO for me!! That attitude will not help to get votes,why don't you move!!
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#33 Mar 12, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
all deputies don't need a suv to take home we can get by on 8. let the deputies use there cars and gas going to and from work like we do. have a lot of save for 911. hell no on new tax.
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#34 Mar 12, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
we are paying a 911 tax and a jail now.
You are correct

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Mar 12, 2014
Guest wrote:
You are correct! That would have helped this county a lot! I'm sure the dumb people that voted that down will vote this down too. Get your facts and wise up pemiscot citizens! Vote yes!
Well

Farmington, MO

#36 Mar 12, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
Well since I am fox news, republican and Conservative, you almost switched my vote. But I have been for it since day one. I will vote yes for sales and no for hospital, but insulting the fox news conservatives who are voting yes, doesn't help your intelligence or cause
taxpayer

Steele, MO

#37 Mar 12, 2014
TAX PAYER wrote:
on the low end its going be about 500.00 hundred. 500.00 not a small amount.

United States

#38 Mar 12, 2014
dagwood wrote:
<quoted text>
LOOK in the mirror when your calling anyone STUPID !
#1 the tax purposed will effect the county residents the MOST !! We live here and buy here EVERYDAY!
#2 Higher taxes will NOT attract new companies to move in here and supply badly needed jobs!!
#3 They tell us all the time..you can not spend MORE than you make!
Now if you have a couple of thousand dollars to give the county in a 356 day year.. JUST go donate it now!! Most people in Pemiscot county can't afford more taxes! Look around !

Are you sure everything you buy is from Pemiscot County, are you sure you don't go anywhere else to buy groceries or home supplies. PLUS do you think that all the other people that come thru Pemiscot County DON'T buy anything while they're here. Let me guess you're having second thoughts about your last statements. You do buy things from other counties. You probably buy a lot of stuff from other counties. These same counties have a tax rate that is higher than ours. That extra tax that we are paying goes for THEIR 911 emergency system and THEIR County Sherrif's needs. I'm like you, I hate the word tax. But there is such a thing as a FAIR tax. This tax will be paid by everyone, not just the people with property. The big thing with a sales tax is that people that go thru your county and purchse food and food items will ALSO pay this tax. This is a FAIR tax because everyone one pays and everyone that buys things in our County will also pay.

United States

#39 Mar 12, 2014
I don't think taxpayers attitude is what has offended some in here I think it the Wayne he approached it hit home with some in here. Taxpayer does have some good points even though its hard for me to vote YES to increase my text. But I do agree that if we want to improve Mpemba Scott County we cannot continue with the same current text that we have now. We have the lowest tax in the state and surrounding states as well. And I would guess that 90 percent of you drive to neighboring states and spend your money there and pay more in taxes.

United States

#40 Mar 12, 2014
Sorry about the misspelled words. Was using voice text.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My dog 10 min YAMO 3
School Closeing 19 min Guest 8
Obama "very interested" in executive action to ... 47 min trouble 8
Why Talk Politics In Topix? 3 hr Anthony Trumbil 1
penny and tami 10 hr guest 23
Looking for a friend..... 12 hr Guest 7
tessie brown 13 hr Guest 24
Caruthersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Caruthersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:04 am PST

NFL 6:04AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude
NBC Sports 8:28 PM
Reports: Ted Ginn visiting Titans, 49ers
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip
Bleacher Report10:29 PM
How Should St. Louis Fill Their Biggest Holes?
NBC Sports 4:30 AM
Albert Haynesworth to Ndamukong Suh: Do your research on suitors