Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Chal...

Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform

There are 18908 comments on the TIME.com story from Aug 3, 2010, titled Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Health Reform. In it, TIME.com reports that:

Missouri voters go to the polls Tuesday for the first-in-the-nation referendum on President Obama's health care plan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TIME.com.

guest

Ballwin, MO

#20073 Feb 8, 2014
Agree 100 percent. Just get insurance
Everyday Joe

New Fairfield, CT

#20074 Feb 9, 2014
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-c...

ObamaCare Will Cost 2.5 Million Jobs by 2024, CBO Says

The more we get to see ObamaCare in action, it seems, the worse the outlook for the nation becomes. According to a report released Tuesday, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) now believes the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will cost the equivalent of 2.5 million jobs by 2024 a historically high number of people ... locked out of the workforce, as CNBC put it. Whats more, the CBOs estimate of ACA-related job losses by 2021, 2.3 million, is almost triple its 2011 forecast of 800,000.
guest

Farmington, MO

#20075 Feb 9, 2014
Everyday Joe wrote:
http://www.thenewamerican.com/ usnews/health-care/item/17569- obamacare-will-cost-2-5-millio n-jobs-by-2024-cbo-says

ObamaCare Will Cost 2.5 Million Jobs by 2024, CBO Says

The more we get to see ObamaCare in action, it seems, the worse the outlook for the nation becomes. According to a report released Tuesday, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) now believes the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will cost the equivalent of 2.5 million jobs by 2024 —“a historically high number of people ... locked out of the workforce,” as CNBC put it. What’s more, the CBO’s estimate of ACA-related job losses by 2021, 2.3 million, is almost triple its 2011 forecast of 800,000.
A pittance, there is no guarantee of work in this country. Suck it up and find a different job! Isn't that what the right preaches every day to all the "mooches"? Apparently there are so many jobs out there that lazy people just aren't applying for, soaking up an extra few million over ten years should be no problem at all.
Brian B

Ballwin, MO

#20076 Feb 9, 2014
Obama is a magic negro,

He'll "fix" it, blah ha ha!!!

(Obama)- "I got this.."
Blah ha ha....

Democrats,(ssi party..)
Stop ruining this country!
guest

Ballwin, MO

#20077 Feb 9, 2014
Did u get insurance yet

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#20078 Feb 9, 2014
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder the same thing! Why are we Americans allowing this to happen. It's almost like we have Hitler in the White House. Where are our leaders? The only thing I know to stop this trainwreck is to vote........if it's not too late by the time we get to vote! Then I wonder who do we vote for!!!!! This is a big mess!
CHEERS!
Are there any real leaders any more, I mean leaders that represent the best interests of the people? I sure hope the candidates next time are better choices. You are right, it is the peopel that are allowing this to happen. Anyone ever hear of United We Stand, Divided We Fall? The people in charge know it well.
guest

Ballwin, MO

#20079 Feb 10, 2014
Well???
Typ dem douche

Saint Louis, MO

#20080 Feb 10, 2014
chuck norris wrote:
Who cares just get insurance
So I guess you will be voting for Hillary 2016?
"At this point what difference DOES IT MAKE?"

(You don't even know what scandal that is from do you my Democrat GOON- do you?)

People like you are ruining our country.

“So it's not you, It's them?”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20081 Feb 10, 2014
guest wrote:
Did u get insurance yet
I already had insurance, Brian. But thanks for your concern about my healthcare. Perhaps if you spend a bit more time working and a bit less time making those racially-insensitive posts here, you could better afford health insurance. I'm just sayin'...
Brian B

Saint Louis, MO

#20082 Feb 10, 2014
Obama the magic negro-

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Racially insensitive?
First- I don't care
Second- isn't he a negro?
Third- the negro turns everything he touches to $hit... Hence, magical negro

Obama the magic negro!
Brian B

Saint Louis, MO

#20083 Feb 10, 2014
Typ dem douche wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you will be voting for Hillary 2016?
"At this point what difference DOES IT MAKE?"
(You don't even know what scandal that is from do you my Democrat GOON- do you?)
People like you are ruining our country.
This was me too btw..
Obama the magic negro!
Emily

United States

#20084 Feb 10, 2014
Brian B wrote:
<quoted text>
This was me too btw..
Obama the magic negro!
No one wants to see your posts, get the hint. You're a jerk.
Brian B

Saint Louis, MO

#20085 Feb 10, 2014
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
No one wants to see your posts, get the hint. You're a jerk.
Hey, your welcome too sweet heart, next time your in Wal Mart buy yourself something (wink) real nice... On us...

Obama - THE MAGIC NEGRO!
Big Sam

United States

#20086 Feb 10, 2014
Brian B wrote:
Obama the magic negro-
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
Racially insensitive?
First- I don't care
Second- isn't he a negro?
Third- the negro turns everything he touches to $hit... Hence, magical negro
Obama the magic negro!
Blah, blah, blah....move back to St. Louis...blah, blah, blah.
Brian B

Saint Louis, MO

#20087 Feb 10, 2014
Nope

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#20088 Feb 10, 2014
Chilli J wrote:
<quoted text>
I already had insurance, Brian. But thanks for your concern about my healthcare. Perhaps if you spend a bit more time working and a bit less time making those racially-insensitive posts here, you could better afford health insurance. I'm just sayin'...
Me too, already had insurance and still so but lots of people don't
Everyday Joe

New Fairfield, CT

#20089 Feb 11, 2014
Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf testfied before the House Budget Committee on February 5 stating that ObamaCare provides a "disincentive for people to work." Elmendorf's statement follows a controversial report released by the Congressional Budget Office that provides details on how millions of workers would cut their hours and opt out of the job market in order to retain the benefits provided by the healthcare law.

The Congressional Budget Office is a non-partisan governmental entity that serves to forecast the impact of governmental policies on future government revenues. Its findings on the economic impact of ObamaCare are disheartening.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-c...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#20090 Feb 11, 2014
Everyday Joe wrote:
Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf testfied before the House Budget Committee on February 5 stating that ObamaCare provides a "disincentive for people to work." Elmendorf's statement follows a controversial report released by the Congressional Budget Office that provides details on how millions of workers would cut their hours and opt out of the job market in order to retain the benefits provided by the healthcare law.
The Congressional Budget Office is a non-partisan governmental entity that serves to forecast the impact of governmental policies on future government revenues. Its findings on the economic impact of ObamaCare are disheartening.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-c...
Joe, I know it's sad but it is true I think about the "disincentive" and perhaps it is all part of some long-term goal here in this country.
Everyday Joe

New Fairfield, CT

#20091 Feb 12, 2014
Study suggests Obama needs to canvas cities to boost ObamaCare numbers

A new study finds that uninsured Americans are not scattered across the country but are actually in just over 100 counties nationwide.

The research, done by the State Health Access Data Assistance Center at the University of Minnesota, finds that half of the insured people in this country live in just 116 of the nation's 3,143 counties.

The study was done for The Associated Press.

Feyman

Yevgeniy Feyman of the Manhattan Institute tells OneNewsNow it's been known for a long time that metropolitan areas have most of the uninsured.

"This is going to be in New York, in California," he advises. "Los Angeles County alone makes up for about five percent of the total uninsured population. They can be in Texas, in Florida. The administration actually released numbers on this, even last year."

The end of open enrollment is now less than two months away. This information could result in the continual outreach campaign by the Obama administration, especially at a time in which it's widely believed the Obama administration will not reach its enrollment goal. For instance, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said in June 2013 that seven million was a "realistic target."
http://www.onenewsnow.com/culture/2014/02/06/...
Everyday Joe

New Fairfield, CT

#20092 Feb 12, 2014
Bridgette -call me bree wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe, I know it's sad but it is true I think about the "disincentive" and perhaps it is all part of some long-term goal here in this country.
Oh my, dear Bridgette, you wouldn't be suggesting they're conspiring? ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stefani Rudd (Apr '10) 3 hr Truthbetold 19
Just like her sisters 3 hr Ittybitty 4
Jeff strawn 3 hr Nosurprise 3
Lot close to casino 10 hr jojo 1
Bathroom Issue 15 hr wildflower 3
Tina Watkins Goodwin (Jun '11) Sun wondering 12
pit bulls (Mar '07) Sun pit bull LOVER 202
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages