Solyndra is Back in The News!

Posted in the Caruthersville Forum

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Jul 24, 2012
President Obama rubbed elbows Monday night with two men at the center of the Solyndra loan scandal at an exclusive fundraiser in California.

Steve Westly, a financier whose money-raising prowess helped to snag him a post on the administration’s energy advisory board, and Matt Rogers, a former Energy Department senior adviser who helped to approve the Solyndra loan, were spotted by reporters at the $35,800-per-person fundraiser for the president’s re-election campaign.

Mr. Westly sent warnings to the president not to attend an event at Solyndra's headquarters in the Bay area because of shaky finances at the solar energy company, which had received a fast-tracked $535 million federal loan guarantee in 2010 as part of the administration’s economic stimulus program. Mr. Rogers was partly responsible for overseeing stimulus awards at the Energy Department.

They were among about 60 wealthy donors who attended the fundraiser at the swanky home of progressive activist Quinn Delaney and real estate developer Wayne Jordan, a big Obama bundler, in Piedmont, Calif., near Oakland.

Reporters traveling with the president saw Mr. Westly juggling lemons, entertaining kids at the party. He was seated later at one of the tables farthest from the president as he spoke.
Mr. Obama stayed away from any discussion of alternative energy at the fundraiser, except to say that his re-election would ensure that the government promotes “smart regulations … that are going to deal with issues like climate change.”

Republicans, including presidential candidate Mitt Romney, have attacked the administration’s support of the Solyndra loan and other stimulus programs as examples of Mr. Obama’s “crony capitalism.” The solar-energy start-up firm later went bankrupt.
“The Obama Administration betrayed American taxpayers when it dumped hundreds of millions of public dollars into Solyndra while ignoring clear warnings about the company’s dire financial situation,” Romney campaign spokesman Ryan Williams said in a statement.

Obama sold us out for a fat campaign donation from Solyndra. End of story…..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm looking 27 min I would 1
girl named bucky 1 hr ha ha ha 4
History of Hate: Five Years of Falsehoods at NB... 4 hr and with that said 3
American Voting Guide 5 hr Yep 4
Early voting, so it begins.... 16 hr Yep 2
Trash Service 19 hr CreamfTheCrop 4
When is the funeral for David Hudgens ? 19 hr Family 21
Caruthersville Dating
Find my Match

Caruthersville Jobs