First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Sikeston, MO

#1 Apr 22, 2014
I voted to have someone new in my ward? I hope what I hear is not true that the one we needed replaced is going to be placed back in there? This is the same in ward 4 I am in 3. The people of our wards voted not to put these people back in office, so why would they be reinstated on the council the people have shown what they don't want?
Believe It

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Apr 22, 2014
Mike wrote:
I voted to have someone new in my ward? I hope what I hear is not true that the one we needed replaced is going to be placed back in there? This is the same in ward 4 I am in 3. The people of our wards voted not to put these people back in office, so why would they be reinstated on the council the people have shown what they don't want?
I agree to the extent that the people voted out the incumbents, which is fine. But otherwise not to appoint them to the open positions, would result in 50% of the members with 0% experience in city government. This would further hinder the process. Trust me there are many ordinances and rules to follow and experience is the best teacher. Each of these women have contributed to city

The decision is Rick Davis's with council approval

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3 Apr 22, 2014
Believe It wrote:
<quoted text>I agree to the extent that the people voted out the incumbents, which is fine. But otherwise not to appoint them to the open positions, would result in 50% of the members with 0% experience in city government. This would further hinder the process. Trust me there are many ordinances and rules to follow and experience is the best teacher. Each of these women have contributed to city

The decision is Rick Davis's with council approval
There is a reason they were voted out. Why have elections? Why not just fill the open positions with the others that were running? Just a waste of time and money. They may have experience but what Caruthersville really needs is change, not the same ole thing that obviously hadn't gotten us anywhere.
Mike

Sikeston, MO

#4 Apr 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a reason they were voted out. Why have elections? Why not just fill the open positions with the others that were running? Just a waste of time and money. They may have experience but what Caruthersville really needs is change, not the same ole thing that obviously hadn't gotten us anywhere.
Amen

Change is good we all have to learn and have the opportunity to get the experience needed to do our jobs and go on in life. I think we need some younger people the older ones are to set in there ways please let's not put these people back in. Give some one new a chance different ideas we sure need it? Just look around town everyone needs to voice there opinion.
Cvlle person

Farmington, MO

#5 Apr 23, 2014
Oh no. ward 4 needs new blood,mand there are plenty of people with experience of different types that abstaining on liquor votes and being a janitor at a church. Someone with real business experience would be nice.
Believe It

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Apr 23, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for the women that lost, the water dept girl would still be there stealing our money resulting in higher and higher water rates! It takes people with guts to stand up and demand justice. Do U think any of our newly elected would really stand up to do something about the stealing in the water dept? I think not.

If only 12 people in Ward 4 had changed their minds, the outcome would be different. So I will promote the common person that will stand up for us, regardless of social standing. I really think she did too good of a job for more people in all wards, more than we deserve.
Mike

Sikeston, MO

#7 Apr 24, 2014
Believe It wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were not for the women that lost, the water dept girl would still be there stealing our money resulting in higher and higher water rates! It takes people with guts to stand up and demand justice. Do U think any of our newly elected would really stand up to do something about the stealing in the water dept? I think not.
If only 12 people in Ward 4 had changed their minds, the outcome would be different. So I will promote the common person that will stand up for us, regardless of social standing. I really think she did too good of a job for more people in all wards, more than we deserve.
This is your opinion and yes I have mine. How do you know that the new council members want stand up? I think you are wrong this town needs change it's at a stand still. This is why I voted the way i did. People need a chance just like the old council members. When they started they were also new? Let's give other people, with new ideas a chance. I don't want to sound negative but we are going no we're like we are.
Voter

Caruthersville, MO

#8 Apr 24, 2014
I agree that change is good, but we have 100% change in the mayor position and 50% change in the council positions. Some consistancy is also desireable, so why not choose the incumbants, at least they are mature?
Voter2

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Apr 24, 2014
Well if this is the first decision for the new Mayor then this is going to be a long 4 years. How can he go against the wishes of the towns people. I say the look in how to get him out of office, this is crazy
Voter

Caruthersville, MO

#10 Apr 24, 2014
Voter2 wrote:
Well if this is the first decision for the new Mayor then this is going to be a long 4 years. How can he go against the wishes of the towns people. I say the look in how to get him out of office, this is crazy
So who would you select? If you are refering to the opinions expressed in Democrat Argus, I would have expressed a different view. Many don't do facebook. A very poor sampling I would say and more than likely very slanted, So who would you select?
Cvlle person

Farmington, MO

#11 Apr 24, 2014
New blood Mr. mayor!
Agree

Sikeston, MO

#12 Apr 24, 2014
Voter2 wrote:
The mayor is going to do what's best for him not the city? He needs to hear what the people want and it's new blood on the council. If the people wanted old blood in there they would of been voted back in. Times are changing and we as al city need to change with the times. So do what's right give some other people a chance.

Caruthersville, MO

#13 Apr 25, 2014
Cvlle person wrote:
New blood Mr. mayor!
You have new blood; in Ward 3 you have B.T., and in Ward 4 you have Nick. A lot of people like Barbara and Sheila, even the ones that didn't vote. So we want Barbara and Sheila Mr Mayor.
Voter

Caruthersville, MO

#14 Apr 25, 2014
Cvlle person wrote:
New blood Mr. mayor!
So who????
guest5

Dexter, MO

#15 Apr 27, 2014
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
So who????
I WOULD LIKE TO RICK APPOINT MR DEWAYNE MCCALL HE DID A GOOD JOB WHEN HE WAS A COUNCIL PERSON.
Guest6

Caruthersville, MO

#16 Apr 27, 2014
guest5 wrote:
<quoted text> I WOULD LIKE TO RICK APPOINT MR DEWAYNE MCCALL HE DID A GOOD JOB WHEN HE WAS A COUNCIL PERSON.
Reappoint Sheila, Mr. Mayor. And Barbara.
OMG

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Apr 27, 2014
guest5 wrote:
<quoted text> I WOULD LIKE TO RICK APPOINT MR DEWAYNE MCCALL HE DID A GOOD JOB WHEN HE WAS A COUNCIL PERSON.
McCall would be the last person he would ever appoint. Guaranteed!

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 29, 2014
SHEILA shouln't be in there at all andnever should have been..mrs. pullam also. geez people,,,we need all new blood, these people are not the upsanding christians they want u to believe.
voter

Caruthersville, MO

#19 Apr 30, 2014
As a voter in this piss hole place I am so disturbed by this news if true. Our past town council was a sick joke. Our young people are on drugs or drunks. We have no jobs for us or them. We finally have a new mayor and some new members on the council which gives hope to those of us here. Mr. Mayor I beg you to please not put any people who got voted out back in any position. You didn't wait all this time to finally get this important position to make stupid decisions. It is sick to say but dying seems to be the only way to get rid of these worthless people. Please respect the wards of your town and believe that they made the right choice in ousting these two lousy women out of office. The voters have spoken with their votes and if the election process isn't valued then what good are elections? Give the people in this town a chance now to have hope and get behind these new people and yourself. Change is the only way begin in the right direction. So many of us are begging for a true leader and we have put our faith and vote in you again. I voted last time for you and proudly voted again for you this time as well because I believe you want to turn this town around for the best.
voter

Caruthersville, MO

#20 Apr 30, 2014
Please not Tom McCall either. That is another waste and worthless person who isn't for improving anything in this town. He is not the right choice. Can someone name some random names in those two wards that we can all pick from and agree on. I can only vote in ward two so I can't vote in the other ward. I would like other names of people in each ward then we can discuss who the best candidates we think could represent us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mayor plans to get rid ofTR and City Clerk 2 hr Scorpion 26
Hillary the corrupt ole granny 9 hr ComradeWinston 18
Ashley Morris 15 hr guest 3
It Matters Not if You Win or lose - It's How Yo... (Sep '13) Sun Bashful Bob 13
Lowering Child Support if your having a second ... (Aug '08) Sun tannyb1 359
Jessica Shelley Sun So sad 2
dopefeins walking free??? Apr 25 barbara underwood 7
More from around the web

Caruthersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE