R-3 McCARTY SCHOOL-CARUTHERSVILLE
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
HUNTED

Caruthersville, MO

#144 Mar 27, 2008
Billy Wicker is liveing in Blytheville Ar woking at SRT and is married.
Bethany Brantley is in Blytheville working at the hospital
Justin Sullivan is still in C-ville farming and working at ipsco
Landon Kersey is in C0ville farming
Casey Maners is i St Louis working and going to school.
Kim Hollis works at bankstar in steele.
The rest not sure about. But a reuion sounds like a good idea.
bllywicker

Paron, AR

#146 Mar 28, 2008
cardinals fan wrote:
ANYONE GRADUATE IN 1996? PLEASE RESPOND!
I live in Blytheville now. Doing great.
CHAD TATE

Saint Louis, MO

#147 May 2, 2008
I'M DOING GREAT I STILL LIVE IN C'VILLE .I WORK AT MARTINDALE CHEVY IN NEW MADRID PARTS MANG. I'M STILL NOT MARRIED NO KIDS YET . I'M DATING SOMEONE SERIOUS NOW AND MIGHT TIE THE KNOT LATER GUYS
Oldtimer

Catlin, IL

#148 May 2, 2008
I graduated from R-III in 1958. The building still smelled new. Any other oldtimers around?
Left Long Ago

United States

#149 May 2, 2008
Maxie wrote:
<quoted text>Jason Pounds was killed in a car accident, it will be 11 years ago on Father's Day.
Was that Dorothy Pounds' son?
it was

Festus, MO

#150 May 2, 2008
yes it was dorothy son
Frances Moore Shafer

Sedalia, MO

#151 Jan 20, 2014
I attended R-3 from 1955-59, 1st through 4th grades. My father, Tom Moore, taught 8th grade and drove a school bus. Anyone out there from my generation? Mrs. Saliba was my first grade teacher, the only one whose name I can remember. I remember Mr. Hamlett too. Maybe from somewhere else since he and my father were friends after we left there. Diane Green, twins Jean and LaDean Hardesty, and Mickey whose grandmother was a teacher there were classmates of mine. If anyone knows of these people this age---65 this year--- please let me know.
Bubba II

Malden, MO

#152 Jan 20, 2014
Frances Moore Shafer wrote:
I attended R-3 from 1955-59, 1st through 4th grades. My father, Tom Moore, taught 8th grade and drove a school bus. Anyone out there from my generation? Mrs. Saliba was my first grade teacher, the only one whose name I can remember. I remember Mr. Hamlett too. Maybe from somewhere else since he and my father were friends after we left there. Diane Green, twins Jean and LaDean Hardesty, and Mickey whose grandmother was a teacher there were classmates of mine. If anyone knows of these people this age---65 this year--- please let me know.
I started at R-III in the 6th grade, the first year it opened and graduated in 1958. Mrs. Strothers was the sixth grade teacher, then Mrs. Hudgens, in the seventh grade, and Mr. Moore in the eighth grade. Mr. Moore was one of my favorite teachers. My older brother was in the navy as was Mr. Moore and we talked about that some. I was fairly ornery back then and Mr. Moore would have to put the board on my butt every now and again. He used psychology on me. When I was due a whipping he would not give it to me right then, but would wait for a period of time. Then, when I got out of line again he would lay it on me and tell me that this one was one previously owed and now I had another one due. Kept that hanging over my head so I’d straighten up.
Many years ago I found that Mr. Moore lived in Campbell and I stopped by to see him one day. Told him he probably did not remember, but he still owed my a whipping that he never gave me.
Mrs. Saliba, we called her Miss Jean, was my teacher from first through fifth at Kinfolks Ridge two room school. I asked someone just recently about Mrs. Saliba and she is still living in Steele.

United States

#153 Jan 26, 2014
Where's kam walker, Michelle cook, tonya hays? Freakin hotties back then!
Frances Moore Shafer

Sedalia, MO

#154 Mar 7, 2014
Bubba II wrote:
<quoted text>
I started at R-III in the 6th grade, the first year it opened and graduated in 1958. Mrs. Strothers was the sixth grade teacher, then Mrs. Hudgens, in the seventh grade, and Mr. Moore in the eighth grade. Mr. Moore was one of my favorite teachers. My older brother was in the navy as was Mr. Moore and we talked about that some. I was fairly ornery back then and Mr. Moore would have to put the board on my butt every now and again. He used psychology on me. When I was due a whipping he would not give it to me right then, but would wait for a period of time. Then, when I got out of line again he would lay it on me and tell me that this one was one previously owed and now I had another one due. Kept that hanging over my head so I’d straighten up.
Many years ago I found that Mr. Moore lived in Campbell and I stopped by to see him one day. Told him he probably did not remember, but he still owed my a whipping that he never gave me.
Mrs. Saliba, we called her Miss Jean, was my teacher from first through fifth at Kinfolks Ridge two room school. I asked someone just recently about Mrs. Saliba and she is still living in Steele.
Thanks for your reply. I have forgotten to check back here for quite a while. My father is still living. I live in Sedalia, and he lives in a mobile home on my lot right next door to my house. He and my mother moved up here in 2010 when they got to where they needed help. I was still working and couldn't move down there. They were living in Pocahontas, Arkansas. My mother passed away last year, but Dad is hanging in there. He turned 90 last December. His dermatologist, Dr. Taylor in Columbia, went to R-3 which is what got me to thinking about trying to make contact. She looks about 30 and is married, so I am not sure if Taylor is her maiden or married name. What is your first name? I will ask Dad about you. I bet he still remembers. He is still pretty sharp.
Frances
The Green Hornet

Poplar Bluff, MO

#156 Mar 7, 2014
Beth B wrote:
<quoted text>
High somewhere??? hmmm? What a nice thing to say. Seems as though, you think you know alittle more than I know about myself? LOL. Apparently you don't like me, so do me and you both a favor.... Stay out of my business, and Worry about your own... I'M SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF DRAMA going on in your life.***~~~ IF you'd mind your own business and quit worring about everyone else's... You could possibly get a life, or (better yet)... GROW UP someday!!!
Bethany. I would love to stick my tongue in your taco!
The Green Hornet

Poplar Bluff, MO

#157 Mar 7, 2014
Guest wrote:
Where's kam walker, Michelle cook, tonya hays? Freakin hotties back then!
I would love to stick my tongue in Tonya Hayes taco too.

El Dorado Springs, MO

#158 Mar 8, 2014
You'll have to go to prison to get Bethany pretty sure unless some butch woman beats you to it.
Bubba II

Kennett, MO

#159 Mar 10, 2014
@Frances: Really do not want to put my name on here. Mr. Moore may remember me by this … he gave me and another boy a project. Don’t remember for sure, but it was probably a math class project. The project was to measure and draw to scale the R-III school building. The other boy’s initials were J.C. He was a little guy with black hair. I was the very skinny one with brown/blond hair. Also, I am the man that stopped by to visit with him when he lived in Campbell. Maybe he will remember me that way.

I am happy to hear that he is still sharp mind and enjoying life at that age. As I said, I always thought Mr. Moore was one of the best teachers I ever had in my school days. He was interesting to listen to and he was a good teacher.

By the way, coincidentally, it turned out that drawing buildings to scale became an integral part of my occupation and the means by which I have made a living for approximately forty years.

Please tell Mr. Moore that I send my best regards, and let him know that I have always remembered him as being one of my favorite teachers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trinity Lay off is coming 2 hr Limp dog 10
What would you like to see happen to the old Wa... 17 hr local 13
Brad Clark 17 hr seriously 6
James White (Bubba) and Ginger Lee Duggins Jan 20 Friends 12
Bert Ellison (Jun '14) Jan 20 guest 39
Country Jan 20 Lisa 2
Deadbeats Jan 19 Guest 5

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance