Sound familiar America
guesT

Anonymous Proxy

#1 Apr 10, 2014
Born: Saul David Alinsky, January 30, 1909, Chicago, Illinois
Died: June 12, 1972, Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Education: University of Chicago, Ph.B. 1930, University of Chicago
Graduate School, criminology, 1930–1932.
Occupation: Community organizer, writer, political activist, socialist democrat.
Notable works: Reveille for Radicals (1946); Rules for Radicals(1971)
Saul David Alinsky(January 30, 1909 – June 12, 1972) was an American
community organizer and writer.
He is generally considered to be the founder of modern community organizing.
He is often noted for his book Rules for Radicals.
From that book here are Saul's thoughts on how to create a social state:
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are
able to create a social state. The first is the most important.
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty – Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control
and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes,
and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government.
That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)
6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what
children learn in school.
7) Religion – Remove the belief in God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more
discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Any of this sound familiar?
Anonymous

Louisville, KY

#2 Apr 11, 2014
complete gibberish. Alinsky would never have been stupid enough to say this. It is just a right-wing political masturbation fantasy.
guesT

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Apr 11, 2014
tomp123 wrote:
complete gibberish. Alinsky would never have been stupid enough to say this. It is just a right-wing political masturbation fantasy.
Have you read the book ???
well

Amherst, OH

#4 Apr 11, 2014
guesT wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you read the book ???
Here are the "power tactics" Alinsky outlined in his 1971 book Rules for Radicals:

Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.

The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. When an action is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat.

The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.

The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.

The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.

The sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.

The seventh rule: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday mornings.

The eighth rule: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.

The ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.

The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.

The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.

The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying "You're right — we don't know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us."

The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.

U just copy and paste an e-rumor that's been going around for awhile.

guesT

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Apr 11, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are the "power tactics" Alinsky outlined in his 1971 book Rules for Radicals:
Always remember the first rule of power tactics: Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.
The second rule is: Never go outside the experience of your people. When an action is outside the experience of the people, the result is confusion, fear, and retreat.
The third rule is: Wherever possible go outside the experience of the enemy. Here you want to cause confusion, fear, and retreat.
The fourth rule is: Make the enemy live up to their own book of rules. You can kill them with this, for they can no more obey their own rules than the Christian church can live up to Christianity.
The fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counterattack ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, who then react to your advantage.
The sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy. If your people are not having a ball doing it, there is something very wrong with the tactic.
The seventh rule: A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag. Man can sustain militant interest in any issue for only a limited time, after which it becomes a ritualistic commitment, like going to church on Sunday mornings.
The eighth rule: Keep the pressure on, with different tactics and actions, and utilize all events of the period for your purpose.
The ninth rule: The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.
The tenth rule: The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition. It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
The eleventh rule is: If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside; this is based on the principle that every positive has its negative.
The twelfth rule: The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative. You cannot risk being trapped by the enemy in his sudden agreement with your demand and saying "You're right — we don't know what to do about this issue. Now you tell us."
The thirteenth rule: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.
U just copy and paste an e-rumor that's been going around for awhile.
well, good for you. You check things out. This has been shown as FALSE for several months on Snopes. I figured 61 Rolla would jump all over this but she didn't.
guesT

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Apr 11, 2014
Let's try this:

Famous Presidential Lies
Written by, To The Point News

LBJ:
We were attacked (in the Gulf of Tonkin )
Nixon:
I am not a crook
GHW Bush:
Read my lips - No New Taxes
Clinton:
I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinski
GW Bush:
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction
Obama:
I will have the most transparent administration in history.
The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
The IRS is not targeting anyone.
It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
If I had a son.
I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
You didn't build that!
I will restore trust in Government.
The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I am not spying on American citizens.
Obama Care will be good for America .
You can keep your family doctor.
Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
It's just like shopping at Amazon.
I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi .
I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
And the biggest one of all:
"I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America ."
I believe we have a winner!
guest

Caruthersville, MO

#7 Apr 12, 2014
So your post was to stir the pot, only? Typical of a Republican these days. They have nothing left to argue with but the lies they created and spread around on the web. Grow up.
well

Amherst, OH

#8 Apr 12, 2014
guest wrote:
So your post was to stir the pot, only? Typical of a Republican these days. They have nothing left to argue with but the lies they created and spread around on the web. Grow up.
Yeah, I'm waiting 4 the free Obama gas rumor.

He must not have known cw tried the 8 control thing earlier this year. lol

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Apr 13, 2014
"well" I always enjoy your input and comments.

The Tea Party movement is running out of steam and now the Republicans have begun to see how much their party is in trouble.

So what do they tout to begin to repair the damage they created?
Start off by instilling another "Bush" for the White House 2016 candidacy!

LOL

They will never learn.
guest

Caruthersville, MO

#10 Apr 13, 2014
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm waiting 4 the free Obama gas rumor.
He must not have known cw tried the 8 control thing earlier this year. lol
Yea and the Obama phone was a classic lie too.
Never seen anyone that blamed Obama more for including even the weather LOL
Hurricane Sandy was Obama's fault too ya know :)
guesT

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Apr 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea and the Obama phone was a classic lie too.
Never seen anyone that blamed Obama more for including even the weather LOL
Hurricane Sandy was Obama's fault too ya know :)
WHAT??? This isn't true?
guest

Caruthersville, MO

#12 Apr 14, 2014
guesT wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT??? This isn't true?
It was NOT Obama administration that implemented this program. Obama was carrying out the plan implemented by the Bush administration that was approved by George W Bush. In other words if your going to blame someone, blame the people who came up with the program-not the guy doing his job.

Simpletons always are too lazy to look up anything. They're made to stay asleep by Fox News
guest

Caruthersville, MO

#13 Apr 14, 2014
another thing guesT, if your going to stir the pot, at least know what you're talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legalizing atv's/utv/side by sides in the count... (Apr '12) Tue guest 24
Lowering Child Support if your having a second ... (Aug '08) Tue Jennifer_0313 423
police Mon I agree 14
Military Convoys Jun 26 Fu Ck Em 5
Landlord Rick Brandon Jun 26 Evan 2
Local Contractors Jun 23 Guest 10
Kristen Wright Jun 23 been there 11

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages