Penrose, CO

#1 Apr 17, 2008
Does anyone know how long they are good for? I thought they were only good for 30 day.
yep

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Apr 18, 2008
If you are talking about temporary car license, they are good for 30 days from when you bought the car.
nosey_naybrrr

United States

#3 Apr 18, 2008
yep wrote:
If you are talking about temporary car license, they are good for 30 days from when you bought the car.
can't u still get a 10 or 15 day extension on the 30 day temp tags? Calling the court house & checking it out is your best bet!

Penrose, CO

#4 Apr 18, 2008
Someone in town has been driving on paper tags for about 5 months. Is that illegal??
duh

United States

#5 Apr 18, 2008
Guest wrote:
Someone in town has been driving on paper tags for about 5 months. Is that illegal??
so you dont no everything
Big Pirck

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Apr 18, 2008
Guest wrote:
And, why do you care? Get another life going.

Blue Springs, MO

#7 Apr 18, 2008
Because I can you sorry piece of shit!!!

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 18, 2008
Guest wrote:
Because I can you sorry piece of shit!!!
I suggest you make a "Citizens arrest"

United States

#9 Apr 18, 2008
Well most people have to pay there taxes on there cars to be able to drive them. I paid mine that gives me the right to drive on the road. If you don't pay your taxes you shouldn't be driving it......

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2008
duh wrote:
<quoted text>so you dont no everything
I "KNOW" a lot of things, but no I don't know everything. Do you?????

Blue Springs, MO

#12 Apr 18, 2008
I think I just might contact the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Thanks!!!
ima tell it

United States

#14 Apr 19, 2008
snitches git stitches butt munch
WHOEVER

Washington, MO

#15 Apr 19, 2008
SOMEONE MUST BE MAD THAT THEY GOT A TICKET FOR NO TAGS WHEN THE DUMBASSESS SHOULD HAVE HAD PAPER TAGS . BUT AS THE ABOVE SAID IT SNITCHES WILL GET SNITCHED ON
hahaha

Penrose, CO

#16 Apr 20, 2008
WHOEVER wrote:
SOMEONE MUST BE MAD THAT THEY GOT A TICKET FOR NO TAGS WHEN THE DUMBASSESS SHOULD HAVE HAD PAPER TAGS . BUT AS THE ABOVE SAID IT SNITCHES WILL GET SNITCHED ON
No, I have never gotten a ticket for no tags and I have never had paper tags. Have always paid my taxes and gotten my regular tags.
Left Long Ago

United States

#17 Apr 20, 2008
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>No, I have never gotten a ticket for no tags and I have never had paper tags. Have always paid my taxes and gotten my regular tags.
In an effort to put things back on topic and, in the same entry, possibly answer the question -- A Missouri temporary tag is good for 30 days from the date of purchase. Because the State of Missouri requires vehicle purchasers to register and pay sales tax on a new vehicle purchase within 30 days from the date of purchase, it is unlawful for any licensed dealer to issue a second temporary tag. The Missouri DOR sells temporary tag books to licensed dealers who then resell temporary tags individually to their customers. Interestingly enough, while some dealerships do not charge a customer the $7.50 for a temporary tag, in the strictest legal theory, such payment by the dealership could be viewed as capital gains requiring the customer to pay capital gains taxes -- funny, huh?

Now, in the instance of a financed purchase that has not been assigned to a lender such that the delivery was a "spot delivery" pending finalization of funding that never matured, a dealer can rescind the original purchase agreement, therein rescinding the purchase all together and then re-contract under different terms. In that instance, a purchaser would be eligible for a new temporary tag.

Does that help answer the question?
darb

Prairie Village, KS

#19 May 28, 2012
I bought a car from a dealer, rolled the money for sales tax into my loan. When the dealer got paid from my lender, he refused to give me the check for the dmv. I don't have the extra money now, lost my job, and have expired temp tag. Don't judge people, you never know their circumstance!

Navarre, FL

#20 May 28, 2012
darb wrote:
I bought a car from a dealer, rolled the money for sales tax into my loan. When the dealer got paid from my lender, he refused to give me the check for the dmv. I don't have the extra money now, lost my job, and have expired temp tag. Don't judge people, you never know their circumstance!
Don't be surprised if the police or highway patrol nab you and stick you with a stiff fine.

Is the dealer local?
guest ?

Monette, AR

#21 May 29, 2012
He prolly bought it at faulkners or Gatewood !!!
Haters

Shenandoah, IA

#22 May 29, 2012
Don't hate because they have and you don't!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Micheal burch malesting childrem 8 hr He diserves it 2
Worst President Ever!! 15 hr Drumpf 92
March on Meth Sat Jasmine 10
Riggs lawn Fri NotAChance 3
Lori Lee ? Mar 24 day 3
Is Freddie Butler, that Uncle Tom, still living... Mar 24 Guest 5
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) Mar 23 Guest 939

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages