get your free obama gas...

“Radical Islam! Radical Islam! ”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#1 Dec 8, 2013
As the battle over Obamacare rages in Washington, the White House is quietly using a little known provision of the law to roll out a nationwide network of free gas stations for minorities and the poor.

According to a report in The Detroit News this morning, the administration is using its authority under the Affordable Care Act to "improve transportation routes to hospitals" to dispense gasoline free of cost in disadvantaged neighborhoods.

The $2 billion-a-year program aims to distribute 40 million gallons of free gasoline each year through 70 new gas stations constructed in major metropolitan areas. The Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) will be responsible for operating the network, whose first station opened yesterday in Detroit.

"It's not something we're publicizing very much, for obvious reasons," explains Dori Salcido, assistant DHS secretary for public affairs. "But under the law we are well within our rights to offer this service, and we think it's good public policy.

"How are people supposed to get to the doctor's office if they don't have gas in their cars? Health insurance is worthless if you can't make your appointment. This is just another fine example of government stepping in and solving big problems."

No Gas for You
Although some developing oil-rich nations like Venezuela and Indonesia subsidize gasoline for the poor, the practice has never before been tried in the United States. The plans are proving controversial with some taxpayers who are loathe to see their money go to subsidize others.

"So basically I'm being punished for not living in the ghetto," says Colin Blair, a white person from the affluent Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills. "I have three kids and a mortgage. Life isn't cheap for me either. I could use some free gasoline too."

An investigation into the station's operations, however, reveals that Blair is unlikely to be able to use the service.

"Supposedly access to the station is determined by income," says Ebony Jackson, manager of the first Obamastation. "But it's pretty unrealistic to do an income check on each and every driver. So what we do is basically let all the black people pump for free, and charge all the white people the market rate."

Steele, MO

#2 Dec 8, 2013
He is wants to destroy the middle class completely. Then there will be no one but poor and wealthy. Then certain groups can climb up the economic ladder with no problem.Only way it can happen.
well

Amherst, OH

#3 Dec 9, 2013
Don’t fall for “Obama giving free gas to blacks”– It’s a hoax

hoax

There’s an email going around which says “the White House is quietly using a little known provision of the [Obamacare] law to roll out a nationwide network of free gas stations for minorities and the poor.”

The email cites its source as an article titled “Government Opening Free Gas Stations in Poor Neighborhoods,” by an anonymous and unidentified author (always suspicious) on a website called The Daily Currant.

The article refers to its source as a column in The Detroit News written by Nolan Finley. But the Daily Currant piece does not provide an embedded link to its source — another suspicious sign.

Don’t fall for it. It’s a hoax.
well

Amherst, OH

#4 Dec 9, 2013
How do I know?
1.Go to the article’s site on Daily Currant. Look at the headlines on the right of your screen:“NASA Finds Message From God on Mars”; “Pope Benedict Comes Out As Gay”; “Selena Gomez says [Justin] Bieber Has ‘Tiny Weird Penis’”; “House Republicans Schedule Obama Impeachment Hearings.” Daily Currant is a satire website, like the more famous Daily Onion that Daily Currant clearly is trying to mimic.

2.I went on the Detroit News website. Although there is a Nolan Finley, who is the editorial page editor of Detroit News, a search of the articles he’s written shows he has never written an alleged one on free gas stations.

Falling for hoaxes like this makes us conservatives look like fools.

While I understand that the news of Obama giving free gas to poor blacks appears plausible because of those free Obama phones, we need to exercise caution about such claims because they feed in to our preconceptions about Obama. And that is exactly what the unnamed cowardly Daily Currant author is exploiting.

So when you get that email about Obama giving free gas to poor blacks, send this post to your email correspondent and ask him/her to stop disseminating a hoax.

A big h/t to FOTM’s joworth for alerting me to this hoax!

~Eow
well

Amherst, OH

#5 Dec 9, 2013
http://fellowshipoftheminds.com/2013/11/29/do...

CW still stirring up Hate and Racism.
well

Amherst, OH

#6 Dec 9, 2013
A hoax currently making the rounds online claims the US government has decided to open free gas stations in poor neighborhoods.

“Government Opening Free Gas Stations in Poor Neighborhoods. First ‘Obamastation’ Debuts in Detroit, Seventy Planned Nationwide. As the battle over Obamacare rages in Washington, the White House is quietly using a little known provision of the law to roll out a nationwide network of free gas stations for minorities and the poor,” the hoax messages read.

According to Hoax Slayer, the story was initially published on The Daily Currant, a satirical website that specializes in such fictional stories.

Pranksters have started spreading the bogus news on social media websites. Users who don’t know that The Daily Currant’s news are not real fell for it.

As always, internauts are advised to refrain from sharing such stories without checking out if they’re genuine. Spreading such hoaxes only contributes to making the Internet less safe.

well

Amherst, OH

#7 Dec 9, 2013
The article cites The Detroit News as its source, claiming that the Obama administration "is using its authority under the Affordable Care Act to 'improve transportation routes to hospitals' to dispense gasoline free of cost in disadvantaged neighborhoods."

According to the report, "The $2 billion-a-year program aims to distribute 40 million gallons of free gasoline each year through 70 new gas stations constructed in major metropolitan areas. The Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) will be responsible for operating the network, whose first station opened yesterday in Detroit."

The report then goes on to quote an alleged DHS secretary for public affairs, Dori Salcido, who is quoted saying, "It's not something we're publicizing very much, for obvious reasons, but under the law we are well within our rights to offer this service, and we think it's good public policy. How are people supposed to get to the doctor's office if they don't have gas in their cars? Health insurance is worthless if you can't make your appointment. This is just another fine example of government stepping in and solving big problems."

While The Daily Currant report seems to go into great details about Obama's alleged plan to set up free gas stations in poor neighborhoods, it the story actually true? The answer is no. For anyone who is unfamiliar with The Daily Currant, the website is a self professed satirical publication and has been the initiator of numerous political rumors and hoaxes spreading like wildfire around the internet, with some recent popular one being two stories about Sarah Palin. In one the former Governor of Alaska was said to believe that Jesus celebrated Easter during his lifetime, while the other reported that the Republican politician had gotten impeachment hearings scheduled for President Obama.

While none of these stories are true, including the most recent satirical piece claiming Obama is opening free gas stations in poor neighborhoods, as with most internet hoaxes there's any number of people who are simply being taken in, believing whatever the headlines read without actually checking to see if the information is true and factual.

Apparently, the political humor post claiming that Obama was opening free gas stations in poor neighborhoods has spread far and wide enough that Snopes.com took it on itself to go ahead and debunk the rumor as well.

If you have heard the rumor that Obama is opening free gas stations in poor neighborhoods for minorities and low income individuals, please share the article so that no more false information is spread.
tiger high

Shreveport, LA

#8 Dec 9, 2013
yeah and i heard that obama was actually going to run the country in a professional manner this last term - man, lies are everywhere!!
Big Mack

United States

#9 Dec 9, 2013
Anybody that would watch Fox News would probably believe any email they received. Teabillies are so gullible.
tiger high

Shreveport, LA

#10 Dec 9, 2013
Big Mack wrote:
Anybody that would watch Fox News would probably believe any email they received. Teabillies are so gullible.
you can get your news anywhere you like - i like to check out more than one source too, but when it comes to women, fox has 'em all - robin meade might sneak in there - go fox
agreement

Garden City, MO

#11 Dec 9, 2013
It is a hoax
I call BS

Torrance, CA

#12 Dec 9, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:
As the battle over Obamacare rages in Washington, the White House is quietly using a little known provision of the law to roll out a nationwide network of free gas stations for minorities and the poor.
According to a report in The Detroit News this morning, the administration is using its authority under the Affordable Care Act to "improve transportation routes to hospitals" to dispense gasoline free of cost in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
The $2 billion-a-year program aims to distribute 40 million gallons of free gasoline each year through 70 new gas stations constructed in major metropolitan areas. The Department of Health and Human Services (DHS) will be responsible for operating the network, whose first station opened yesterday in Detroit.
"It's not something we're publicizing very much, for obvious reasons," explains Dori Salcido, assistant DHS secretary for public affairs. "But under the law we are well within our rights to offer this service, and we think it's good public policy.
"How are people supposed to get to the doctor's office if they don't have gas in their cars? Health insurance is worthless if you can't make your appointment. This is just another fine example of government stepping in and solving big problems."
No Gas for You
Although some developing oil-rich nations like Venezuela and Indonesia subsidize gasoline for the poor, the practice has never before been tried in the United States. The plans are proving controversial with some taxpayers who are loathe to see their money go to subsidize others.
"So basically I'm being punished for not living in the ghetto," says Colin Blair, a white person from the affluent Detroit suburb of Farmington Hills. "I have three kids and a mortgage. Life isn't cheap for me either. I could use some free gasoline too."
An investigation into the station's operations, however, reveals that Blair is unlikely to be able to use the service.
"Supposedly access to the station is determined by income," says Ebony Jackson, manager of the first Obamastation. "But it's pretty unrealistic to do an income check on each and every driver. So what we do is basically let all the black people pump for free, and charge all the white people the market rate."
If you are going to copy and paste nonsense and then sign on as Guest and agree with yourself at least post the link of the made up story.
LMAO!
http://dailycurrant.com/2013/10/29/government...

“Ignorance is not Patriotism.”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 9, 2013
ComradeWinston wrote:

No Gas for You

You must really feel embarrassed right now after being suckered and fed a lie that you believed. Lol. Kinda like the Tea Party people will feel when they discover the truth.
El Guapo

Fulton, MO

#14 Dec 9, 2013
That has to be the most RACIST thing commie has posted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
johnson family 1 hr LJohnson 20
kayla mclevain 1 hr Country girl 11
Whitney lynne 3 hr herbff 9
pastor Jamie Jones 10 hr David 3
The Lion's Den (Aug '07) 11 hr assupcockdown 38
Brandon Strawns girl beat up 14 hr gotti 6
Big guy that works at Dons? (Jul '12) 14 hr I know 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages