tigerragfan

Caruthersville, MO

#1 Aug 22, 2014
Go Tigers!!!! Can't wait to see how the season goes!!!
Tiger fan 2

United States

#2 Aug 23, 2014
The game didn't go so well.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#6 Aug 23, 2014
Haven't they always lost to this team? A new coach isn't the reason.
We will see

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Aug 23, 2014
guest wrote:
Haven't they always lost to this team? A new coach isn't the reason.
Not by that big of a landslide... I believe it was 46-6 going into the second half. Coaching isn't the only thing I mentioned, I mean we lost a good squad. Either way, the players, the coaches, or both are going to have to step it up big time if they expect to make it to play offs. There is no reason at al that game shouldn't have been as close as last year if everyone had stepped up. Obviously, a lot of work is still needed.
tiger fan

Sikeston, MO

#9 Aug 23, 2014
Let's support our new coach. Lets not start off bein all negative. Go Tigers!!!
Foster

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Aug 23, 2014
We will see wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll start off by saying the game we played, we were out matched BIG TIME and have been the past 2 years. Morgan got a big head about the Darrel squad when he started that whole thing.
BUT, who knows how we may do in local games.
That being said, our current team was spoiled by last years squad and probably didn't put in the work they needed. As for Jackson, well, you can't expect a dog to teach another dog tricks. He played a little bit of college ball, and now he apparently has the aptitude to coach? I'm sorry but I can drive a car, but that damn sure doesn't mean I can build one or design one. I mean are you seriously gonna tell me that not one other "coach" from the surrounding area didn't want a chance to coach a state class team? I have Tiger Pride always, but this year, not so much confidence, even locally.
Always blame the coach . Obvious too many inexperienced players on the field. Will take time
welp

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Aug 23, 2014
Foster wrote:
<quoted text>
Always blame the coach . Obvious too many inexperienced players on the field. Will take time
Hate to say it but we have 3rd/4th year players out there who still can't catch a ball or pick up a block. That is a either a serious lack of discipline or they aren't practicing enough. To worried about learning trick plays instead of handling the basics of blocking and catching. This is the same problem every year; tons of penalties, missed blocks, and missed tackles.
too early

Ballwin, MO

#12 Aug 23, 2014
We will be fine playing teams in this area. The reason we always lose to the teams west of us is because they put in the work and play with heart. Hopefully Jimmy will start having weights all year round. You cant expect to compete with teams that put work in all year unless you are doing the same. We have more talent than most teams we just lack the work ethic to make it to the Dome. This has been the case for many years. Time to put work in or stay at the house.
welp

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Aug 23, 2014
too early wrote:
We will be fine playing teams in this area. The reason we always lose to the teams west of us is because they put in the work and play with heart. Hopefully Jimmy will start having weights all year round. You cant expect to compete with teams that put work in all year unless you are doing the same. We have more talent than most teams we just lack the work ethic to make it to the Dome. This has been the case for many years. Time to put work in or stay at the house.
Funny thing is, they have a weight lifting class during school, and it's an actual credit. They also offer weight lifting all throughout the summer, that the players are "supposed to go to or they are punished" usually with less play time, laps, etc. This is hardly ever the case, they let the slackers off. As a young adult who knows a lot of the players, most of them go in there, goof around, do a few pretty boy curls and go about associating like it's a party. A VERY FEW select players actually do their squats, dead lifts, and power cleans. Most of them wanna jack around benching 120 lbs a couple times. This is why 90% of our boys look like sticks and I can promise you the stats in the Programs are padded for A LOT of the players to make them seem bigger.
too early

Ballwin, MO

#14 Aug 24, 2014
They dropped the weight lifting class during school. As far as the boys slacking that needs to stop. I agree with you, only a few of the boys actually put in work in the weight room and it really shows on Friday nights. That is where heart comes in. You can not expect to beat good teams that put in work if you slack all year. I realize it is only high school football, but if you go thru football putting in just enough effort to get by then most likely you will go thru life the same.
welp

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Aug 24, 2014
too early wrote:
They dropped the weight lifting class during school. As far as the boys slacking that needs to stop. I agree with you, only a few of the boys actually put in work in the weight room and it really shows on Friday nights. That is where heart comes in. You can not expect to beat good teams that put in work if you slack all year. I realize it is only high school football, but if you go thru football putting in just enough effort to get by then most likely you will go thru life the same.
They use to have the option of either taking PE or Body Conditioning (weight lifting); I don't see why they'd do away with it.
Tigers

United States

#16 Aug 27, 2014
If the tigers lose to Malden then we need to be concern.
ummmmmmmm

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2014
Tigers wrote:
If the tigers lose to Malden then we need to be concern.
Time to be very concerned.

United States

#18 Sep 1, 2014
ummmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to be very concerned.
They will win a few games.
ummmmmmmm

Sikeston, MO

#19 Sep 1, 2014
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>They will win a few games.
Yes, they will. A district championship remains to be seen.
Tiger fan

United States

#20 Sep 1, 2014
ummmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they will. A district championship remains to be seen.
It won't be in the near future.
mike

United States

#21 Sep 8, 2014
Who will they beat?
My opinion

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Sep 10, 2014
I think they will win the rest of the way out, but the only way they will compete for a district championship this year is for Rod to step up his running game which in turn will allow Peyton to be a threat at qb. Let's face it without a Monroe or a Fonda in the backfield how good would we have been over the past few years.
Person of interest

Bernie, MO

#23 Sep 10, 2014
The team's biggest problem is the O-line and D-line. They get pushed around almost every play. The guys they have had in the past weren't world beaters, but they had guts and heart. Talking about guys like Middleton & Marshall. Stricklin is OK, but he should be better with the size he has. Middleton seems to be the closest thing we have resembling a RB. The other ball carriers just seem to dance around. I'd even say the coaching staff is at least equal to or better than what we had last year. Grissom is another kid who wasn't the greatest, but we sure do miss him this year. He's another kid that really played his heart out on the field. Toughness on the line is where it must begin though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cameras in town? 6 hr Guest 21
Annette Reeves 6 hr five finger discount 2
Fake FB Moms 7 hr LMAO 40
Lowering Child Support if your having a second ... (Aug '08) 8 hr radryan 349
tessie brown 16 hr theuglytruth 16
If Obama is reelected 21 hr countingidiots 38
Female looking for a... 23 hr Sugar Baby 7
Caruthersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Caruthersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?