First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Farmington, MO

#1 Oct 8, 2012
The cty said it was his idea to ban Halloween Trick or Treating because "it only tkes one kid to get hurt.". Then he needs to ban football games, homecoming parade, oh yeah and the chili cook off in case one person gets hurt! What an idiot! he was just doing what diane told him. Jerry - Did you let your kids out of the house ever? Quit kssing dianes rear!

Farmington, MO

#2 Oct 8, 2012
Call the city, they said hs dea'

Farmington, MO

#3 Oct 8, 2012
And by the way - are you going to arrest kids that are trick or treating without an adult? There is an aclu phone call! This city violates so many civil rights, i called on this Halloween stuff. What law does any kid break to walk down the street? Little kids yes, but hmmmmm. We have are own little dictator with the bobbleheads that feel like they can violate anyones rights! And now the police agree!
Well

Kennett, MO

#4 Oct 8, 2012
They are just idiots trying to make it seem like they are doing a civil duty for everyone by destroying an anual holiday that has been around FAR before any of those jackoffs. Let's ban Easter Egg hunting too, only takes one kid to put their hand in a snake hole. Rofl.
Like Charley Riney always says, "WHAT IF flies had machine guns".
There are a lot of what ifs, no need to spoil an annual holiday for it.
jus wanna kno

United States

#5 Oct 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
The cty said it was his idea to ban Halloween Trick or Treating because "it only tkes one kid to get hurt.". Then he needs to ban football games, homecoming parade, oh yeah and the chili cook off in case one person gets hurt! What an idiot! he was just doing what diane told him. Jerry - Did you let your kids out of the house ever? Quit kssing dianes rear!
Well, let's see! Last time I was at a football game, there weren't any kids running out in traffic with no respect for the traffic, street is blocked to traffic in the parades. Chili cook off, the streets are blocked off to traffic. You'd be the first to cry and moan if your child DID get hurt or worse! They dart out in front of traffic on all the streets at dusky dark expecting everyone to be able to see them OR just step out anyway expecting traffic to just stop! RRRRRRR!! I cannot even believe you had the audacity to post this!
Well

Kennett, MO

#6 Oct 8, 2012
jus wanna kno wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see! Last time I was at a football game, there weren't any kids running out in traffic with no respect for the traffic, street is blocked to traffic in the parades. Chili cook off, the streets are blocked off to traffic. You'd be the first to cry and moan if your child DID get hurt or worse! They dart out in front of traffic on all the streets at dusky dark expecting everyone to be able to see them OR just step out anyway expecting traffic to just stop! RRRRRRR!! I cannot even believe you had the audacity to post this!
So you're for banning Halloween?
When is the last time a child was hit on Halloween? More kids might be out but I guess you forget kids walk the streets all the time, holiday or not. With it being recognized as Halloween people are more alert to the children in the streets and should know better, of course there are exceptions.
This is when it is the parents JOB to either walk with their children or simply NOT allow them to go out trick-or-treating. A parent can't really blame for someone else for hitting their kid by no fault of their own, who was allowed to be out roaming around alone, that's on the parent.
Well

Kennett, MO

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Let me re-phrase, "when is the last time a child was struck on Halloween in our town".
mee

Barnhart, MO

#8 Oct 8, 2012
jus wanna kno wrote:
<quoted text>
What football game did you attend? They walk out in traffic all the time. They also block the whole road while walking.RRRRRRR!!
Well

Kennett, MO

#9 Oct 8, 2012
mee wrote:
<quoted text>What football game did you attend? They walk out in traffic all the time. They also block the whole road while walking.RRRRRRR!!
Agree, before and after every game. Same is true at school before and after when kids are coming and going. No roadblock and kids are scattered in adjacent roads like roaches; you could argue of a cop in front of the school and what not but once they are beyond the school it's still an issue. On top of that you have a ton of traffic coming and going from the high school, most are kids who can barely drive, and then there is the traffic being held up that's wanting to hurry and go. So yeah let's ban football games and make every kid in town ride the bus to and from school.
Enough Already

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Oct 8, 2012
OK we get it, you are against it. It is over. City council backed off. Kids get to trick or treat!!

Get a freakin life people.
Well

Kennett, MO

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Enough Already wrote:
OK we get it, you are against it. It is over. City council backed off. Kids get to trick or treat!!
Why the hell do you care about a random topic? Does it effect you in your daily life who posts on a topics thread? Last I checked I still had my free speech, and thank god too because people like you would take everything, Halloween for example, if not for that. So you can eat shit, get a life, and don't worry about what other people are talking about if it doesn't hurt you. I guess you are one of the members who voted for it and now you're butt hurt cause it got shot down.
jus wanna kno

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're for banning Halloween?
When is the last time a child was hit on Halloween? More kids might be out but I guess you forget kids walk the streets all the time, holiday or not. With it being recognized as Halloween people are more alert to the children in the streets and should know better, of course there are exceptions.
This is when it is the parents JOB to either walk with their children or simply NOT allow them to go out trick-or-treating. A parent can't really blame for someone else for hitting their kid by no fault of their own, who was allowed to be out roaming around alone, that's on the parent.
To put it bluntly...Hell Yes...Ban it! Most of the kids are 2nd and 3rd generation rude and dispespectful! The majority are already getting enough handouts in the form of welfare, medicaid, housing and free lunches! Ban that also for my part!

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Age limit is what is need no one over say 12 years old no 6 ft tall high school kids
please

Imperial, MO

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Enough Already wrote:
WRONG! Wasn't city council idea. Wasn't on agenda. They were shocked it was brought up except for BM & FM.

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 8, 2012
BAN IT!
crazy circles

Shenandoah, IA

#16 Oct 8, 2012
i would not take my kid treat or treating in this shit-hole of a town.people here are just plain evil and stupid.meth every where you look,crack heads out of their freaking minds,pill popping coke heads,and of course the good ole drunk asses.now we got the fake and the shit that makes you lose your mind.the mayor and her butt kisser's are the least of our problems.the cops can't handle whats coming,the judges can send every one to prison and people don;t care,it;s a free ride to them.they got more connections inside then out here.our system is a failure short and sweet,it's over for the descent people.either become a crook like the rest or get left behind holding your hands in the air.oh yea happy halloween.

United States

#17 Oct 8, 2012
Guest wrote:
BAN IT!
Right
Phil Weber

Lanai City, HI

#18 Oct 8, 2012
crazy circles wrote:
i would not take my kid treat or treating in this shit-hole of a town.people here are just plain evil and stupid.meth every where you look,crack heads out of their freaking minds,pill popping coke heads,and of course the good ole drunk asses.now we got the fake and the shit that makes you lose your mind.the mayor and her butt kisser's are the least of our problems.the cops can't handle whats coming,the judges can send every one to prison and people don;t care,it;s a free ride to them.they got more connections inside then out here.our system is a failure short and sweet,it's over for the descent people.either become a crook like the rest or get left behind holding your hands in the air.oh yea happy halloween.
or move away from that hell hole. There are MUCH better places to raise a family with MUCH better jobs to be had. People must be crazy to think they have to stay there.

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Oct 9, 2012
Key word "CRAZY". Well just the people that get on here and complain all the time. The complainers want everything for free. Free trash pickup, free water, free food, free electric. Plus walfare so they can use for their smokes and booze! LOL
meeee

Haslet, TX

#20 Oct 9, 2012
I can't believe someone is throwing this big of a fit over some FREE CANDY!!!!! Get a job and buy ur kids some candy then we wouldn't have to read u rambling on and on and on!!!! Come on!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ppl in Cville go tell Prosecutor the truth of T... 6 hr Mad as Hell 1
Jessica Shelly 17 hr Wonder 4
New generators at 1/2 price. 1 time offer. 22 hr Tool guy 2
Twisters Cafe Fri Come together 17
Altice Fri Wowww 1
Brad Clark Fri mememe 1
Rhonda Fri Mad as Hell 3

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance