Meat On The Mississippi Cancelled

Meat On The Mississippi Cancelled

Posted in the Caruthersville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Pisssssseeeeeddd dd

United States

#1 May 30, 2009
I just heard tonight that the Meat on the Mississippi has been cancelled for this year. Is that just freaking ridiculous? Can someone please list the names of every person who is on the committee? I would like to know why this years events has failed?

I understand they switched to Kansas City teams to get more involvement. What I want to know is who the idiots are that were too stupid to check the dates because all the Kansas city teams are already scheduled to appear in Memphis this next weekend.

Who plans an event without checking to see that the teams you want aren't going somewhere else?
Please let us know who is on the committee this year? I was told that Mayor Sayer and Ginny Braswell, but who else is on there?

Also, I know that hardly any teams signed up to attend, since they were going to Memphis, but they didn't even have any vendors wanting to sell food, drinks, items etc either. What is up with that too?
JW Paddleduck

Skokie, IL

#2 May 30, 2009
Who knows whats going on in this town, Your elected officials leave ya'll in the dark about a whole lotta things. DANCE PUPPETS!
Not too bright

Saint Louis, MO

#3 May 30, 2009
That should explain it, Look at the committee members, Mayor Diane Sayer, County Commissoner Jim Atchison, They are both elected officals and they do not do their jobs very well. Ginny and Gary Braswell are also on the committee. None of these committee members are the brightest crayons in the box. lol
Guest

Decatur, IL

#4 May 31, 2009
This is a bitch! Here I am sitting on my ass eating my cheeto's , naked sitting on a bean bag watching my TV and I find out that these LAZY SOB's have cancelled another free function. For you DUMB ASSES out there I mean this sarcasticly. IF ANY of you no good for nothing but get on TOPIX and bitch about what someone is not doing for your lazy ass TODAY wants to be on this board you can sign up at the Chamber of Commerce. QUIT sitting on your ass at your computer and bitching about EVERY little thing that is not done for you by other people. You people remind me of the people who lived in New Orleans and where too damn lazy to leave when the hurricane was coming and when a whole bunch of them died the other lazy people bitched because NO ONE MADE THEM LEAVE. Yes , you people live among us. By the way let's blame the mayor for North Korea's recent aggression with nukes. That will sure help her not get re-elected next year.
Damn

United States

#5 May 31, 2009
I couldn't believe they called it off either. I heard Diane was taking a great deal of heat for allowing her good friend John Clyde Thompson to sell alcohol without informing the others on the committee or allowing other alcohol vendors to participate. Whomever leaked that information really brought the heat on Diane and it got a bunch of people riled up. Diane was pissed that someone leaked the information and tried real hard to cover her tracks, but people got angry and before it was all said and done she decided to make the decision to call it off. She didn't want any more heat this weekend if there was any trouble with people buying and drinking from John Clyde and then she would be held responsible for it. So now we have nothing, because she wanted to play games and it back fired on her badly.
Albert

Brecksville, OH

#6 May 31, 2009
Its all about kickbacks, they must not have added up well enough. As if she was really worried about you people.
ckl

United States

#7 Jun 1, 2009
she's hot
ckl

United States

#8 Jun 1, 2009
ginny - she's hot
Guest

Wiggins, MS

#9 Jun 1, 2009
Where can I find out if this information is in fact true? And why would the Kansas City BBQ be in Memphis this weekend? Memphis in May is over.
wow

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 1, 2009
Guest wrote:
Where can I find out if this information is in fact true? And why would the Kansas City BBQ be in Memphis this weekend? Memphis in May is over.
well of course its true, but what are you gonna do about it? you can't do nothing. You have no power.
Guest

Wiggins, MS

#11 Jun 1, 2009
That really didn't answer my question "wow". Are they going to announce this to the public or are they going to just let people show up at the river front? And I ask again, why are the Kansas City BBQ going to be in Memphis when the BBQ fest is over?
Someone

Wiggins, MS

#12 Jun 1, 2009
It was on the radio since last Friday
Info

Caruthersville, MO

#13 Jun 1, 2009
Guest wrote:
Where can I find out if this information is in fact true? And why would the Kansas City BBQ be in Memphis this weekend? Memphis in May is over.
The barbeque contest they are attending is a charity event in Memphis called The Children's Charity put on by the KCBS. Kansas City Barbeque Society for the bast 13 years. This Championship Barbecue Bash will take place Friday, June 5th and Saturday, June 6th at the Variety Club of Memphis headquarters located at 1648 Sycamore View Road. This event is known for drawing BBQ’ers from all over the nation, each cooking up the best ribs, pork, chicken, and beef brisket for a shot at some of the $25,000 in prizes & money.
Info

Caruthersville, MO

#14 Jun 1, 2009
This charity event that they are attending has done many great things for children. Over the years, Variety -The Children's Charity of Memphis has funded millions of dollars to more than 100 deserving organizations and/or programs in Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas, due to the geographical location of the Metropolitan area. There are so many praiseworthy request that the decisions for funding and grants awarded are usually difficult and sometimes heartbreaking, because their goal is to have the resources to assist them all.
Those on the Caruthersville Barbaque Committee royally screwed up and didn't check.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 1, 2009
Guest wrote:
Where can I find out if this information is in fact true? And why would the Kansas City BBQ be in Memphis this weekend? Memphis in May is over.
call... five seven three- triple three.. twelve twenty two. have a blessed day.. DAISY MAE
Listen

Caruthersville, MO

#16 Jun 1, 2009
I was listening to the radio this morning and it isn't cancelled, it is post poned. The mayor said that it wasn't going to be this weekend but that the committee was going to meet this week to figure out when they could have it... It will still happen just not in June..They will probably end up having it in August like always and change it next year. They will have it because it brings good publicity to the city...
curious

United States

#17 Jun 1, 2009
Listen wrote:
I was listening to the radio this morning and it isn't cancelled, it is post poned. The mayor said that it wasn't going to be this weekend but that the committee was going to meet this week to figure out when they could have it... It will still happen just not in June..They will probably end up having it in August like always and change it next year. They will have it because it brings good publicity to the city...
After reading about this Memphis information then that explains everything. Maybe it was postponed like you say, BUT they had to postpone it, BECAUSE they didn't do their homework and realized there was another BBQ that the teams would be attending. Of course, they are saying it is POSTPONED, because nobody is coming to ours this weekend. The problem is how are they going to be able to reschedule since most of the BBQ teams travel every weekend across the country entering contest all summer long. The are saying POSTPONED SO EVERYONE DOESN'T GET ANGRY, BUT THE TRUTH IS, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO RESCHEDULE FOR THIS YEAR, BECAUSE THEY F**KED UP AND DON'T WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW. If you heard the mayor talking about it and saying postponed then why didn't she explain about why they teams really aren't coming. She isn't being honest, because that would prove how stupid she and they all are. They are always covering up the truth.
Crown Royal

Wiggins, MS

#18 Jun 1, 2009
Listen wrote:
I was listening to the radio this morning and it isn't cancelled, it is post poned. The mayor said that it wasn't going to be this weekend but that the committee was going to meet this week to figure out when they could have it... It will still happen just not in June..They will probably end up having it in August like always and change it next year. They will have it because it brings good publicity to the city...
Drunk rednecks, alcohol induced fights, corrupt politicians. Good publicity, right. I guess the oprative word here is PUB. Maby Ned and Angela can provide the entertainment. Angela get a band and Ned on the turntable, GOOD TIMES!!
Angela

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Jun 1, 2009
Crown Royal wrote:
<quoted text> Drunk rednecks, alcohol induced fights, corrupt politicians. Good publicity, right. I guess the oprative word here is PUB. Maby Ned and Angela can provide the entertainment. Angela get a band and Ned on the turntable, GOOD TIMES!!
We got a band already.........Cynderblock
guest

Penrose, CO

#20 Jun 1, 2009
Listen wrote:
I was listening to the radio this morning and it isn't cancelled, it is post poned. The mayor said that it wasn't going to be this weekend but that the committee was going to meet this week to figure out when they could have it... It will still happen just not in June..They will probably end up having it in August like always and change it next year. They will have it because it brings good publicity to the city...
If I remember right, Christina said earlier this year that this was the only weekend the Kansas City cookers had open. So chances are it will not happen this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Caruthersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
recent excapes 2 hr Concerned 19
addicts (Mar '17) 3 hr Confused 3
concerned 3 hr Dang 3
Mayor /Newspaper 6 hr Dang 20
McWilliams store Tue Shopper 11
uh dems in trouble looney tune was right Tue SOUTHERN MAN 1
what a coincidence Tue Guest 29

Caruthersville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Caruthersville Mortgages